Pages:
Author

Topic: give an explanation about fake ico, and how to find out - page 2. (Read 548 times)

Activity: 236
Merit: 3
Fake icos promises unrealistic achievements. Once you see this know its a fake one,  example, a project already talking about getting listed on binance when they are yet to reach their soft cap.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 501
Fake ICO always spreading here in bounty sections but some legit ico will know it you review their project and the team. I always read whitepaper of the ico so i always know if the ico is legit or fake.
how do you know the ico project is scam by seeing white paper? because the ico scam project they are doing very well and is difficult to compare
One way to know if the ico is a scam is by looking at the whitepaper and see if they copied any part of their whitepaper, if you find they did then there is a very high probability that you are in front of a scam, another way is if you have high technical knowledge you can identify if what is written in the whitepaper makes sense or if it is even possible.
Activity: 241
Merit: 36
Fake ICO always spreading here in bounty sections but some legit ico will know it you review their project and the team. I always read whitepaper of the ico so i always know if the ico is legit or fake.
how do you know the ico project is scam by seeing white paper? because the ico scam project they are doing very well and is difficult to compare
Activity: 241
Merit: 36
its not too hard actualy
I'm just looking for legit ico on rating platform like tokengrade.com , ico bench etc
I can only believe in projects whose teams have been verified by KYC it's for how I can choose a good ico
if you suggest seeing ico on the ico website, I want to ask for your explanation, why can a scam project be registered in the icobench? for example triggmine scam projects registered on the ico web
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003
Fake icos are projects which are put out by scammers in order to make money from people who are looking to invest in new coins when they have no intention of continuing the project later and one of the best way to spot out the fake icos is to look for the faces behind the project, there is usually no face behind the project which makes it easier for them to take off with the money
Activity: 700
Merit: 100
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
There is no 'How to Recognise Fake ICO 101' at this moment sadly. You can do so much stuffs to avoid them but still may fall a victim to it. Usually people follow some traits such as background checking in different platforms. But one thing is certain, you have to act smartly and don't ever rush on it. Ask people around, follow the forums and you might make it.
There is no ground rule for that. Forging social media profiles realistically is quite easy. Not everyone has the aptitude to understand every word from white paper. The only thing can help certainly find out whether it's a scam is the community. You have to dig deep, do extensive research and keep eyes and ears wide open.
Honestly there is no pattern or activity that can help a person to identify a scam ICO. Usually high profit claims, bad business model and poor developers are the signs of scam ICO.
There are some traits to a fake ICO. Firstly, see if their idea is legible, then go for researching the persons working behind the ICO and look for their past success as this will help you in holding them reesponsible regarding any scamming case.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
The World’s First Blockchain Core
If fraudsters really want to get your money as an investment from ICO, they can do it a bit. If you are a very demanding and attentive investor, you will be able to recognize the naked lie in white paper. Only about 5% try their best to make a quality website, an idea and promote their ICO.
Activity: 28
In order to avoid becoming a victim of a fake ICO it is up to you to do the required research regarding it. Looking into their idea and how strong it is, what their strategy is about moving the idea forward, the team behind it, their community and how often they update and respond to consumer questions. All of these things play a part on if the ICO is legit or just another scam.
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
You will need to research a project, in that you want to take part in. Just read the whitepaper, check the projects and developer teams. Look at the rating websites and at the community stats in the social media. If you do not find anything strange, just invest in this ICO.
Activity: 644
Merit: 111
Sometimes a fake project, you can easily distinguish on the website, white paper, road map, etc. But also there are scammers who make visibility activities. At first glance, everything can be well done, there will be live chats in the telegram, even after the end of the ICO, they can still maintain imaginary activity. There have already been examples of such projects, they are more difficult to distinguish. We can never be 100% sure.
Activity: 392
Merit: 10
ICO controller does not exist, but you can easily do research via the ICO website for example by using the ICO Track, ICO Holder etc.
Activity: 518
Merit: 102
Some scam icos can be detected if you thoroughly review some technical details like the dev team, whitepaper, website, community, etc while some can even pass these checks and still scam. Some ico rating website that do KYC for team can also be of help. Goodluck
Activity: 29
No one can be 100% sure if an ICO is fake or scam and that is the reason people invest or promote even such intentional scam projects. Fake ICO will always have improper looking bounties,no peoper graphics, roadmaps and poorly written white paper. An ICO with fake profiled team can be another sign of illegal ICO.
Activity: 9
It is not easy to figure out if its a fake ICO. Generally it has some charasteristics like irregularities with whitepaper, suspicious developer team or unbelievable profit return. But scammers are getting good with their work so you must keep your eyes open.
Activity: 19
Merit: 2
Fraustating as it is, there is no way to acccurately identify an ICO as scam or fake. The only way to stay away from these fake and scam ICO is to do through research before going after a newICO. Fake or scam ICOs always show some hints about its being fake. Though similar hint may not always make a coin fake, it happens majority of the time, so peple should be cautious.
Activity: 19
Merit: 2
It can't be determined accurately whether an ico is genuine or fake. At least not while buying it. So you have to be careful about the source and its reliability.
Pages:
Jump to: