Pages:
Author

Topic: Giving up on Bitcoin... - page 6. (Read 3690 times)

legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
December 12, 2016, 12:02:54 PM
I am not the only one, lots of people have already given up.  Very fucking stupid mismanagement is the result.  At least TCP-IP and Linux had some means to make sensible adjustments in the early days.  Bitcoin has no means to fix things that need a fixin'.  "Consensus" is just a very stupid concept.  95% consensus will never be reached for any issue.  Bitcoin is fucked.  Doesn't scale.  Everyone already left.

TCP/IP protocol went exactly through the same struggles as the bitcoin protocol is going now. And how it was fixed? by building via layers on top of the TCP/IP protocol, just like we will solve the bitcoin protocol problems by building on top with additional layers (lighting network). In other words, what the fuck are you talking about? If you are ready to give up, sell everything and leave, your loss.
copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499
No I dont escrow anymore.
December 12, 2016, 11:44:11 AM
I am not the only one, lots of people have already given up.  Very fucking stupid mismanagement is the result.  At least TCP-IP and Linux had some means to make sensible adjustments in the early days.  Bitcoin has no means to fix things that need a fixin'.  "Consensus" is just a very stupid concept.  95% consensus will never be reached for any issue.  Bitcoin is fucked.  Doesn't scale.  Everyone already left.

k, bye. You sound like you made up your mind, yet you create a topic to discuss this.

So, lets discuss. For one TCP-IP is heavily(!) flawed. It has fundamental design flaws because when it was created people had a very different kind of internet in mind. Same for Linux, it has its place, but you might have noticed that its not the only perfect operation system. Neither on servers, offices or home computers. It has its strength and its weaknesses same as most things.

One of the strong points of bitcoin is the difficulty to change what bitcoin actually is. Its not a bug, its a feature. Blocks are full, yes, but you cant just crank it up to 11 and still have the same distributed network of nodes to support it. Satoshi once said - to someone suggesting to support Wikileaks when they were dropped by PayPal etc. - bitcoin needs to grow slowly or it will get destroyed. I still think this is true in a sense, that it has to evolve slowly exploring its options before a decision is made.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1010
December 12, 2016, 11:38:15 AM
...and by "giving up" the OP means he will continue to post FUD well into the future!
Activity: 874
Merit: 1000
December 12, 2016, 11:36:20 AM
I am not the only one, lots of people have already given up.  Very fucking stupid mismanagement is the result.  At least TCP-IP and Linux had some means to make sensible adjustments in the early days.

Circle Gives Up Bitcoin

Bitcoin has no means to fix things that need a fixin'.  "Consensus" is just a very stupid concept.  95% consensus will never be reached for any issue.  Bitcoin is fucked.  Doesn't scale.  Everyone already left.
Pages:
Jump to: