Pages:
Author

Topic: GLBSE closed for good - page 2. (Read 7069 times)

Activity: 337
Merit: 252
October 06, 2012, 10:01:31 AM
Please. You make it sound like it's the end of bitcoin. It's not. Personally, I'm looking forward to 50+ lulzy pages on the forum when Nefario finally shows up  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000
Varanida : Fair & Transparent Digital Ecosystem
October 06, 2012, 09:50:15 AM
I can not see the future of bitcoin, the confidence of this community will be destroyed by these fucking shits. Can the issuers get back their bonds? What will happened to our assets there?
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
October 06, 2012, 09:15:38 AM
fuck! That's what we get for trying to run things in an "official, legal" manner: shut down.
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
Crypto Somnium
October 06, 2012, 09:05:09 AM
Activity: 121
Merit: 100
October 06, 2012, 09:03:54 AM
I had the feeling this will happen, this why I moved to Cryptostocks a month ago, some internal mess when they start to refuse timeshareafrica to list and any other insane listing would be accepted. Kiss
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1021
October 06, 2012, 06:33:52 AM
And another bet that can be closed Smiley

No seriously, this is bad news for bitcoin Sad Had hoped to raise some funds there myself. No explanations and some nameless "GLBSE treasurer" … doesn't mean they pull a "we got robbed" like so many before. Either way sad story.

Wait a second:

This bet concerns the securities exchange site glbse.com.

For this statement to be false, on November 1 2012 at 12:00 AM UTC, the gblse.com website must be online and accessible to internet users, users must be able to log in, and users must be able to execute both buy and sell trades on the listed securities. At least 5 securities must be listed.

lol http://gblse.com/
Activity: 163
Merit: 100
Luk, soy tu padreeee
October 06, 2012, 04:18:13 AM
Who can we trust?
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1007
October 06, 2012, 04:11:58 AM
Well, I certainly do NOT want my email address in the hands of ANY asset issuer out there, especially not in combination with my username. On the other hand I have outstanding shares that were worth (the last time I checked) ~50+ BTC, so I probably have little choice, as this is a big part of the Bitcoins I hold in total.

F*cked up situation, all in all... Sad
October 06, 2012, 02:38:50 AM
I just realised there is a much more informative thread bt theymos here
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105
WalletScrutiny.com
October 06, 2012, 02:33:07 AM
And another bet that can be closed Smiley

No seriously, this is bad news for bitcoin Sad Had hoped to raise some funds there myself. No explanations and some nameless "GLBSE treasurer" … doesn't mean they pull a "we got robbed" like so many before. Either way sad story.
October 06, 2012, 02:19:59 AM
GLBSE has closed up shop. Still no explanation from Nefario though. I'm very curious to hear the story. Does anybody know any details?

I'm sorry to inform all our users that GLBSE is no longer able to continue operating, and has now closed.

Q: What does this mean if I'm an issuer?

We will do everything in our power to make the process of moving off GLBSE as smooth as possible, we are currently working on a simple, safe, and easy to use method that will allow you to continue your relationship with your asset holders

Q:I'm a GLBSE user, what about my assets and my bitcoin?

You will be able to get back your bitcoin, and if you want to reveal your username, email, and a bitcoin address to accept payments with, you can continue your relationship with the issuer of any assets you hold.

We will begin retuning bitcoin once we have recieved all coins from the GLBSE treasurer that manages the GLBSE cash reserves. BitcoinGlobal (GLBSE's partent company) shareholders and board voted for them to be returned immediately, we are awaiting compliance with this order.

Pages:
Jump to: