Pages:
Author

Topic: [GLBSE] Nyancat Financial: Your Friend for Life (see post #2 for FAQ) - page 4. (Read 17800 times)

Activity: 389
Merit: 250
No, don't worry, and you have it wrong. It does not matter what assets are in A. What each fund holds is not relevant. All losses will be borne by .B and .C first. As soon as I can the HRPT will be moved out of .A or sold off for another asset. You won't lose anything in NYAN.A, this is guaranteed.

Even if everything in NYAN.A goes to zero I will transfer all the assets in NYAN.B and in CPA to NYAN.A to keep it afloat.

If that fails (nuclear war or whatever) I'll just buy back shares with my own money. NYAN.A is the safest and strongest asset you can buy on the GLBSE today.

Having three nominally different funds is maybe more confusing than useful, when holdings and dividends are in fact more or less common.

Maybe you should (should have?) put it all together, deciding simply that NAV of NYAN.A is 1 insured, NAV of NYAN.B is the lesser between 1 and what's left, and NAV of NYAN.C is anything left.
Then manage it as you would with one portfolio to get the maximum return, regardless of what between A,B,C the funds come from. So that NYAN.C would be a high risk-high profit bet only on your ability to manage the fund, and not, as it is currently, also on the craziest possible assets available. This would have probably avoided losing so much on Pirate, for instance; and now on OBSI.HRPT i guess.
+1 Looking at this as a single portfolio makes a lot of sense, I've wondered why it isn't done this way before, the asset transfer and payments between current portfolios just make things messier and adds unnecessary complications.

That calculation for NAV values works for .A, but the NAV isn't what's important for returns in the case of .B, just the weekly returns (The NAV of .A doesn't matter either as it's insured). NAV could be 0.02 as long as it made 100% weekly (this doesn't even begin to approach reality, just some hyperbole). Usagi does currently use NAV during sales to determine price but they're slightly uncoupled from returns.

At current NYAN's site lists about 3678 BTC worth of assets for 6972 Total shares (A:1606 B:1983 C:3383). So the overall with the above method .A would be worth 1BTC@1%/wk, .B would be worth 1@2%/wk, and .C would be worth ~0.0263 according to their respective NAV's (again, all this based on the above calculation, valuations and share count based on http://www.tsukino.ca/cpa/nyan/).

For reference, prices are around (at time of writing of course) .A:0.938 .B:0.97 .C:0.09.

As for simply maximizing returns, well people that buy into .A want a low risk investment, .B cares less but doesn't expect their investment to go into anything that looks too sketchy, and .C just wants maximum return. But that just means keeping share counts in line with the relative risk that's desired overall.

(This post seems long and dense even after re-reading, sorry)
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Wat
1. The Low-Risk/Insured Fund ("NYAN.A") profits solely from investment in, and ownership of, high quality mining securities, insured investment vehicles, and other extremely low risk securities.

Is it a breach of contract to own OBSI.HRPT in NYAN.A ? It is neither mining or insured or low risk.

Please explain.

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1040
I'm just really suprised theymos won't ban you for outright lying about people over, and over, and over..... There's more lies in what you just wrote than there are fingers on my hand.

Im truly sorry about that  Cry. Must be hard typing with no fingers.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Don't even respond to Pukepet Usagi, just place on ignore and pretend it died in the bird flu epidemic.
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
If that fails (nuclear war or whatever) I'll just buy back shares with my own money. NYAN.A is the safest and strongest asset you can buy on the GLBSE today.

Bold claims that I like
legendary
For example?
Some variation of
=average(fetchTicker(concatenate(A7),"t5davg"),fetchTicker(concatenate(A7),"t24havg"))/100000000

Fair enough. So your data is delayed. Buys you some more time when things begin unraveling. But my -28% NAV was accurate with current data, it seems that shocked you, but that is where you are headed for - at best because I dont see a lot of those shares going up. Quite the contrary actually, it seems my stats are too optimistic again. BMF just lost half its value by your screwed metric and have you checked your obsiponzi shares? You still have them for 0.0898 on your books, but they trade for 0.055. Go see the thread,  dividends will be frozen, thread is locked, bidbook is only a handful of shares. In short: you are screwed, just like we said, but what do trolls know, right ?

And it wont stop there. Im sure you have a lot more obsiponzi exposure than you realize, obsi;s mining bond contracts also stink to high heaven and I dont even want to think of the impact for CPA insuring all that rubbish and other assets that most likely are directly or indirectly exposed to it.

If you don't like my funds don't invest. They're not scams because you don't like them but claiming they are and lying about me and my work is fraudulent.

I never claimed it was a scam. I have no proof it is a scam, just as likely is that you have absolutely no clue what you are doing and you actually believe your own fantasies. But you are damn right I wont invest in them.
legendary
do you think GIGAMINING is crap? BMF? PUREMINING? BTC-MINING, and so on?

They are at best, very high risk. At worst, yeah utter crap. FWIW, mortgage prices didnt collapse as badly as those mining assets, and I suspect the onslaught a few 100 TH worth of ASICs will bring will make that collapse look decidedly small.

And those are your "star" assets. Why dont you mention the real crap like OBSI.HRPT, DMC, V.HRL,... CPA ?

And while you are clicking the show/hide button on my post, can you please explain how you calculate "market value" on your spreadsheets? The numbers dont seem to correspond to anything I can find on GLBSE, not last trade price, not ask, not bid, not 5 day average. How do you calculate it?

Merit: 564
Step 1. Buy a FPGA single for 55 BTC.
Step 2. Make 0.25 BTC a day. That's 1.75 BTC per week.
Step 3. Pay out 2% and keep 1% for yourself
Step 4. Don't include hardware depreciation costs in your accounts.
Step 5. "Profit".

Everyone here should know by know about the dodgy accounting that tends to surround everything Bitcoin, surely?

What!? I do not like what I am reading.
You can not TRANSFER stuff out from portfolio B to to portfolio A just so you can cover up the mistakes you made in A.
NYAN.* are effectively a kind of tranched security. Remember how that worked out for all those holders of CDOs in the non-Bitcoin world?
Activity: 756
Merit: 522
You don't understand: the nitwit thought he's making a CDO. Then he saw the MPCD series and now he's doing "something more like that".

Actually it's common knowledge Mircea copied me. NYAN is verifiably older than MPCD. Sure, Mircea talked about operating a derivative 6 months or a year ago but he never actually got off his ass and did it till a month after I started NYAN.

This was actually discussed in IRC and people were laughing at Mircea for copying me. Don't take my word for it...

April 13th. How long have you been around?

Not that anyone is taking your word for anything.

No, don't worry, and you have it wrong. It does not matter what assets are in A. What each fund holds is not relevant. All losses will be borne by .B and .C first. As soon as I can the HRPT will be moved out of .A or sold off for another asset. You won't lose anything in NYAN.A, this is guaranteed.

Even if everything in NYAN.A goes to zero I will transfer all the assets in NYAN.B and in CPA to NYAN.A to keep it afloat.

You can not TRANSFER stuff out from portfolio B to to portfolio A just so you can cover up the mistakes you made in A.

You don't understand: the nitwit thought he's making a CDO. Then he saw the MPCD series and now he's doing "something more like that".
3. The overflow into NYAN.C will be significant in coming weeks due to the amount of HRPT now in A and B.

I hope you are not planning on keeping a significant portion of NYAN.A and NYAN.B invested in OBSI.HRPT?
I hoped the "no Pirate" would obviously convert in "nothing that quacks like a Pirate"...  Tongue

NYAN.A was sold as a low risk fund. I feel like a bait and switch just happened.

It is entirely unnacceptable that I am now exposed to an illegal ponzi scheme through no fault of my own and with no exit possible because of no liquidity.

FML.

You should argue with me more and invest in usagi and his ilk more. It werks.
Activity: 252
Holders of NYAN.A are guaranteed first claim to any holdings, bitcoins or other assets of NYAN.

But again, it doesn't make a difference where those assets are: in case the NAV of NYAN.A went to 0, it would still pay full 1% taking it from the earnings of NYAN.B. That's why it doesn't make sense to call them three distinct funds in the first place.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank
legendary

3. The overflow into NYAN.C will be significant in coming weeks due to the amount of HRPT now in A and B.

I hope you are not planning on keeping a significant portion of NYAN.A and NYAN.B invested in OBSI.HRPT?
I hoped the "no Pirate" would obviously convert in "nothing that quacks like a Pirate"...  Tongue

NYAN.A was sold as a low risk fund. I feel like a bait and switch just happened.

It is entirely unnacceptable that I am now exposed to an illegal ponzi scheme through no fault of my own and with no exit possible because of no liquidity.

FML.

Having three nominally different funds is maybe more confusing than useful, when holdings and dividends are in fact more or less common.

Maybe you should (should have?) put it all together, deciding simply that NAV of NYAN.A is 1 insured, NAV of NYAN.B is the lesser between 1 and what's left, and NAV of NYAN.C is anything left.
Then manage it as you would with one portfolio to get the maximum return, regardless of what between A,B,C the funds come from. So that NYAN.C would be a high risk-high profit bet only on your ability to manage the fund, and not, as it is currently, also on the craziest possible assets available. This would have probably avoided losing so much on Pirate, for instance; and now on OBSI.HRPT i guess.
Merit: 500
Wat

FML.

legendary
Dear Usagi: How the hell do you make 1% per week?

Step 1. Buy a FPGA single for 55 BTC.
Step 3. Pay out 2% and keep 1% for yourself

*RALLY MONKEY*

How many years it will take to break even and to start actually making money? 1 year? And then what? You make your fist 10 USD profit?
If you believe that diff will rise, btc price will rise, then your bets bet is to convert fiat to BTC.
No need to waste BTC on hardware, that will become obsolete faster than it can earn back the investment.
BFL trade-in? Sure, and how long is the waiting list and downtime while you wait for the replacement that can keep up with the rising difficulty? Unless you get almost free electricity, small scale mining is not a business. You are better off taking your USD and converting it to BTC.
Are you seriously willing to convert 55 BTC back to 600+usd piggy bank so you can spend the next 12+ months winkleing your investors coins out of it like a retard, while telling your investors that they "earn" income?
If you take N% from that bs business for yourself, then yes - YOU are the only one who earns income. Investors have to wait for a very long time.

In less than 6 months you make 1/2 of it, and then the halving happens... pfff.
vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
Dear Usagi: How the hell do you make 1% per week?
Pages:
Jump to: