Pages:
Author

Topic: Gold backed Tether coming. - page 3. (Read 567 times)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0
January 25, 2020, 09:41:22 PM
Here is some recent news:
Ethereum block explorer Etherscan shows that there are 3,990 XAUT tokens issued as of the time of writing. If we assume a price of $1,560, that’s about $6.2 million worth of gold that’s currently tokenized via XAUT.
https://coincodex.com/article/6712/tether-announces-gold-backed-tether-gold-token/

also they have competition:
With asset-backed blockchain tokens becoming more widespread, it’s not too surprising to see that gold is one of the first assets that’s commonly tokenized. Singapore-based Digix offers tokenized gold with their Digix Gold Token DGX, 0.35% token, while US-based Paxos has created PAX Gold PAXG, 0.18%.

I agree that all of these can be shut down by aggressive Government action which we have seen before.

I would say that if Tether does everything neatly this time, this competition would have a very difficult time. Tether generally has strong partners and could quickly overtake this competition.
Activity: 5
Merit: 1
January 25, 2020, 09:02:47 PM
Here is some recent news:
Ethereum block explorer Etherscan shows that there are 3,990 XAUT tokens issued as of the time of writing. If we assume a price of $1,560, that’s about $6.2 million worth of gold that’s currently tokenized via XAUT.
https://coincodex.com/article/6712/tether-announces-gold-backed-tether-gold-token/

also they have competition:
With asset-backed blockchain tokens becoming more widespread, it’s not too surprising to see that gold is one of the first assets that’s commonly tokenized. Singapore-based Digix offers tokenized gold with their Digix Gold Token DGX, 0.35% token, while US-based Paxos has created PAX Gold PAXG, 0.18%.

I agree that all of these can be shut down by aggressive Government action which we have seen before.
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
January 25, 2020, 09:01:24 PM
As ERC20 And TRC20.

Tell me about it.

Much could be said about it, such that Tether would enter a market that was dominated by only a few, such as Karatgold. The only question is whether you can exchange the new "TetherGold" for real gold and how.

But one thing is clear: Tether could produce gold with just 2 clicks.  Wink

100% either a scam or a misunderstanding since it is impossible to have a gold backed "Tether". Learn from history, have you ever heard of the "Liberty Dollar"? Warehouses full of gold get raided by the Feds. Simple conclusion: ERC20 and/or TRC20 backed by pure BS.

This seems to be a reality soon. Official site of Tether: https://gold.tether.to/
Activity: 9
Merit: 2
January 25, 2020, 08:51:42 PM
As ERC20 And TRC20.

Tell me about it.

100% either a scam or a misunderstanding since it is impossible to have a gold backed "Tether". Learn from history, have you ever heard of the "Liberty Dollar"? Warehouses full of gold get raided by the Feds. Simple conclusion: ERC20 and/or TRC20 backed by pure BS.
Activity: 1478
Merit: 264
January 25, 2020, 06:54:09 PM
As ERC20 And TRC20.

Tell me about it.
Pages:
Jump to: