Pages:
Author

Topic: Gold to the moon - page 3. (Read 6717 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 509
December 25, 2014, 11:02:59 AM
Im buying some gold chains that i have lying around these days to get a couple hundred dollars from time to buy shit and Bitcoin, thats how much I trust in gold long term.

I mean sure gold beats any fiat, but the future is electronic and Bitcoin is the king on these terms.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288
December 25, 2014, 08:33:09 AM
Gold is going down long term, its use as a store of value is quickly becoming outdated. Bitcoin is slowly taking over the role of silver and gold because it's superior in every single way and more and more people will discover this. It just needs some time. Once Bitcoin becomes more user friendly and storing them in a secure way becomes easier gold and silver as a safe store of value will soon be history.

That's the same what i`ve said, but i completely agree with you.

Yes it is 99% sure that in 3-5 years Gold will have less value as now. But i never thought of Gold on long term. It seems you are both right, price might decrease on only their material value. Maybe soon wil be popular Golden cars, since value of Gold will become same as aluminium.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
December 25, 2014, 06:26:06 AM
Gold is going down long term, its use as a store of value is quickly becoming outdated. Bitcoin is slowly taking over the role of silver and gold because it's superior in every single way and more and more people will discover this. It just needs some time. Once Bitcoin becomes more user friendly and storing them in a secure way becomes easier gold and silver as a safe store of value will soon be history.

That's the same what i`ve said, but i completely agree with you.
legendary
Activity: 1264
Merit: 1008
December 25, 2014, 01:19:55 AM
Can you verify for yourself the total gold supply? 

Can you perform for yourself very quickly a perfect assay?

If not, you might want to consider trying public digital coins.

The problem with digital coins is that internet is becoming more and more unsecure for the average people. And it will get worst.

That is a problem, but digital coins are a solution to that problem.  Legacy financial systems are hopelessly broken in comparison. 

Security is indeed the issue which will force us into coins, just as it will force us into open source softwares.   
STT
legendary
Activity: 4004
Merit: 1428
Catalog Websites
December 24, 2014, 11:31:06 PM
Gold itself is considered a very small market and unable to bear global trade like dollar treasuries currently do.  The criticism that USA has too much debt on the flipside enables very large instant liquidity for almost any size party from companies to multi level governmental operations, that is why QE appears to be a sucess.   The truth of damage done both in debt and deficit spending but also liquidity that absence of qe receding creates will only become apparent when its too late, hence the phrase you can only see whose naked when the tide goes out.
  A natural swing (back) to other less biased, true dynamic entities such as gold is quite certain but also Bitcoin's regular schedule should compare well, it still has to prove long term use or demand like gold
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
December 24, 2014, 07:59:21 PM
bitcoin isn't taking over this role though is it? Even if it does have some of the same characteristics, the market size is too small in comparison with gold to make any dent in the market.

Gold has history on it's side, along with very greedy central banks constantly printing money into oblivion.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
December 24, 2014, 07:21:42 PM
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
December 24, 2014, 06:51:17 PM
The long term bull market in gold is destined to continue, it is just a matter of how soon the next HUGE up-move begins.
Activity: 42
December 24, 2014, 06:47:29 PM
I dont think gold will be just as good in the future as it was before.

Sure it might rise in then next crisis, but just as people will see tha their government will want to confiscate it, then they will put less faith in it, and will use virtual currencies.

It doesnt matter how rare or shiny something is, if the government constantly steals it from you.

Bitcoin might not have an intrinsic value but its decentralized capacity makes it more valuable than the shininess of the gold that will be stealed by the state.

This p2p digital currency technology will render the gold obsolete in the future, perhaps not in the near one, but later on it will be, gold will lose a lot of value in long term (but only after the collapse will end, because in the collapse it might hit 5000$ or more though)
donator
Activity: 1617
Merit: 1012
December 24, 2014, 05:56:30 PM
Gold is on a downtrend but if you look at the inflation-adjusted historical price of gold it doesn't really have that far to fall to revert to the mean:

http://www.inflationdata.com/inflation/images/charts/Gold/Gold_inflation_chart.htm
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
December 24, 2014, 05:06:57 PM
Unless gold can be created, the value will maintain. People just like rare stuff.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
December 24, 2014, 04:19:30 PM
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
December 24, 2014, 04:17:49 PM

Activity: 560
Merit: 500
December 24, 2014, 12:36:14 PM
yes good investment is on gold
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
Fearless, except for those who are fearless
December 23, 2014, 07:01:45 PM
For now i don't think gold prices will boost... As oil prices are also lowering.. After Feb 2015 there will boost of gold price... my estimation

Lower oil prices means lower mining costs.

We all know what lower mining costs mean for the price of bitcoin,.. it goes down.
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
Fearless, except for those who are fearless
December 23, 2014, 07:00:20 PM
Well i was very bullish for gold last 2 years, but now I'm thinking of selling some of the shiny.

Not because of the past drop, but for the drop which is yet to come.

Put the gold chart up side down and everything looks a lot different Grin

Made me think twice about my investment...
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288
December 23, 2014, 05:10:48 PM
Gold price will fall.
Gold will start raising soon after next crysis start.
Activity: 36
December 23, 2014, 10:06:38 AM
price will drop again for sure in January
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
December 23, 2014, 09:32:56 AM
Gold is one of important Forex market players, and there are a lot of people, who work with gold/silver in Forex. Even there are some specific companies, which work with gold in Forex, buying and selling it  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
December 23, 2014, 08:22:57 AM
Last time I checked gold markets a bubble burst that was building up for years
As it stands now it has potential for movement again but I would not be certain which one would have the faster potential for returns between BTC some altcoins and gold.
Pages:
Jump to: