Pages:
Author

Topic: Gold vs Btc - page 3. (Read 824 times)

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1491
The first decentralized crypto betting platform
November 30, 2023, 01:50:51 AM
Gold is simply old generation. It might have served people well in the past, but today's generation will unlikely be attracted to gold as a SoV due to digitization of everything and because of the rise of nomad entrepreneurs.

That's right. It is clear that the bitcoin market has absorbed a small part of the gold market as a store of value. Some like Saylor speculate that it will absorb it all but I doubt it because gold has a lot of use as a (bad) store of value in the form of costume jewelry, but what is clear is that in the digital age bitcoin is going to be preferable to gold, although they can coexist, and I myself have some gold, but in dollar countervalue considerably less than my bitcoin holdings.
Activity: 392
Merit: 197
November 30, 2023, 01:08:05 AM
Currently, the price of Bitcoin is steadily increasing with the price of gold increasing slightly. A few days ago I was looking at a report in which it was said that the price of gold has increased the most this year. Bitcoin and gold are compared to each other because they are both very valuable. Bitcoin is the most valuable digital currency among cryptocurrencies while gold is one of the most precious metals in the world. Gold vs Bitcoin is being done here because those of us who are involved in cryptocurrencies feel that Bitcoin is a much better investment platform than gold for investing. I'm involved with bitcoin so I'll accept it but no matter how much you convince people who are not involved with bitcoin they will never buy bitcoin instead of gold because they have no idea about bitcoin. Anyone who has an idea about the subject will give more importance to the subject as we give to Bitcoin.
Activity: 476
Merit: 212
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
November 29, 2023, 05:21:22 PM
Who told you BTC is preferred over gold? This is a bitcoin forum so it is obvious that this community will vote for btc but if you go to a gold investor community they will vote for gold. The number of people who like to invest in BTC is higher because the risk it carries is considered an uninvestable asset by many traders. I do like BTC and gold at the same time and i think gold is also a very good option for someone who is trying to save their money from being lost in value due to inflation.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
November 29, 2023, 04:46:44 PM
If I were comparing Bitcoin with gold I would find these memes acceptable but I have never compared Bitcoin with gold so such memes are unacceptable to me. Gold is not used by people for investment, there are many ways to use gold. If we want bitcoin we can't use it in body but we can use gold in body we can make different ornaments with gold and also if we want gold bars we can store it. Those who buy gold most likely want to keep their money safe. People who buy Bitcoin want to increase their money by risking money. There is no comparison between bitcoin and gold in my view the two are different and the value and status of the two are different.

There's nothing wrong in comparing BTC to gold. Most of demand for gold comes from investors, who are investing with hopes of profits, they just consider gold to be a safe option.
Activity: 546
Merit: 274
November 29, 2023, 07:57:51 AM
If I were comparing Bitcoin with gold I would find these memes acceptable but I have never compared Bitcoin with gold so such memes are unacceptable to me. Gold is not used by people for investment, there are many ways to use gold. If we want bitcoin we can't use it in body but we can use gold in body we can make different ornaments with gold and also if we want gold bars we can store it. Those who buy gold most likely want to keep their money safe. People who buy Bitcoin want to increase their money by risking money. There is no comparison between bitcoin and gold in my view the two are different and the value and status of the two are different.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 741
Rollbit - Crypto Futures
November 29, 2023, 05:43:29 AM
Whatever the investment, whether it's BTC or gold, if you feel like you've had enough, get out of the market immediately and enter when the time is right, when you see it's cheap again and don't force it.
That's very common. To know when the price is cheap is still a question mark. While waiting for a cheap price and choosing not to buy, at that time the price continues to increase.
Gold investors prefer to be safe, meaning they will remain silent when conditions are not good. In my opinion, Gold investors only want the value of their money to be safe with their type of investment.
Bitcoin investors reach out to both with the intention of wanting to hedge against fiat currency due to inflation and hoping to profit when prices experience large increases.

If over a period of 4 years, Bitcoin experienced a large increase, then Gold only experienced a small increase in price.
To anticipate uncertainty about when the price will be cheap to buy, Bitcoin investors can use the DCA method.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 191
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
November 29, 2023, 05:02:52 AM

https://twitter.com/TheBTCTherapist/status/1724011723726655577?t=KoU4wY5CWS_n5hNe1KKZ-g&s=19

This is somehow funny though if you've invested  in Gold then compared to now Tongue
If only people like me from that year imagined this could come ? for sure I have bought all my
assets those days all in Bitcoin but sadly I am not , because I have learned about this in 2017 and yeah have also
wrong decisioning to sell even when the price is still climbing.for that long period of time Gold remain almost the
same while Bitcoin had that 37k multiplier in just more than 10 years.
I believe people choose to keep their investment in gold to keep it intact from inflation while Bitcoin was chosen as an investment by people cause it the perfect alternative investment for maximum benefit to open the doors of possibility in the market
or maybe they are coward enough to risk in Bitcoin while  they felt like being sure in Gold?

because if they have foreseen this will come , I am sure they will not dare investing in gold  Grin
Activity: 784
Merit: 1735
Crypto Swap Exchange
November 26, 2023, 07:48:36 PM
I see a lot of hatred or irony toward Peter Schiff but I some what understand where he comes from.

Although I do not like him for how he treated Bitcoin publicly when he KNEW he was in the wrong.  Maybe we tend to see Gold investors in our boat way too often.  We are not the same.  Gold and Bitcoin are not the same.  Gold is a safety zone, Bitcoin is not.  Bitcoin is much more in the risk zone and most of the Gold investors will not like that.

We see the chart posted on the first page of this topic.  2011 versus today has similar Gold pricing.  But 2011 was a rough financial time.  It has been a while since then but I think we still do not feel the 2023 rough financial time as rough as we all did in 2011.  When the real financial meltdown begins Bitcoin may not do as good as Gold.

Check 2019 to 2020 chart once again.  When the Pandemic was announced Bitcoin dropped substantially.  Gold had an All Time High.  Later in 2020 Bitcoin started a rally but I suspect that was only coincidental because of the Halving.

Again.  Gold is meant to offer safety against such times.  This is why many of the Gold investors are proud of their investments and obsessed.  When times are good they buy.  When times are bad they are safe.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
November 26, 2023, 07:28:15 PM
I would not say that Peter is a stupid person who does not understand what he is talking about, but that he only uses Bitcoin as something that puts him in the focus of all those who persistently compare Bitcoin and gold. He is a classic gold bug suffering from some kind of modern gold rush and believes in gold like Warren Buffett believes in stocks.

He's in the business of selling gold so that's what he does. He correctly identifies that crypto takes away lots of buyers away from precious metals so he fights that. And if not for his strong anti-bitcoin stance he wouldn't be half as famous as he is.
So maybe he's not so stupid after all.
Activity: 2716
Merit: 588
November 18, 2023, 06:46:56 PM
I believe people choose to keep their investment in gold to keep it intact from inflation while Bitcoin was chosen as an investment by people cause it the perfect alternative investment for maximum benefit to open the doors of possibility in the market

It would be even smarter if you could do both. those are the two most sought after lovebirds to be able to have. Whatever the investment, whether it's BTC or gold, if you feel like you've had enough, get out of the market immediately and enter when the time is right, when you see it's cheap again and don't force it.

Diversification is always the key to strengthen your investment portfolio.
So yes, it would be better to have both in your stash. Also, not all people are going to crypto because of so many reasons.
Only those crypto users, would appreciate investing in btc as well aside from gold. They both have their pros and cons.
Take advantage of what they can offer to your portfolio, and cash out if you do need it.
Activity: 308
Merit: 197
November 18, 2023, 06:37:10 PM
It would be even smarter if you could do both. those are the two most sought after lovebirds to be able to have. Whatever the investment, whether it's BTC or gold, if you feel like you've had enough, get out of the market immediately and enter when the time is right, when you see it's cheap again and don't force it.
  Despite the picture often painted by the media, there are overlapping reasons to invest in gold and Bitcoin. Holding a mix of different assets in your portfolio is known as diversification. Healthy diversification can help your portfolio's overall performance. This is especially true when your different investments are not highly correlated. In other words, their prices won't tend to move in the same direction all of the time. The point isn't merely that gold prices and Bitcoin prices are non-correlated with one another. They are largely non-correlated with all other assets, in fact. Hence owning gold and cryptocurrencies is one of the best ways to add diversity to your investment portfolio.
  Both cryptocurrencies and precious metals are alternative types of money. You can think of metals as the money of the past and cryptos as the money of the future. Compared to existing currencies, gold and Bitcoin each serve as safe-haven investments. Both have a limited supply while fiat currencies do not.Like gold and silver, cryptocurrencies can be used in international transactions across borders. It's important to note that investing in any asset carries risks, and it's advisable to conduct thorough research, assess your own risk tolerance, and consider consulting with a financial advisor before making investment decisions. The potential long-term performance of Bitcoin, gold, or silver will depend on various factors and market conditions that can change over time.
Activity: 224
Merit: 25
Ultimate Launchpad on TON
November 18, 2023, 11:10:23 AM

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1042
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
November 18, 2023, 09:04:55 AM
Gold made no returns from 2011 to 2023, that's strange, In my country due to inflation and unstable economic conditions As far as I know, Gold made over 100% gains, obviously the inflation and unreliable USD prices due to the unstable political conditions. For Bitcoin, if you mention the ATH it will be around double the current mentioned valuation.
Activity: 350
Merit: 262
November 18, 2023, 07:36:06 AM
I was going through twitter post today and I came across  a post. Then I wondered what about hypes from medias and the success behind  Gold or is it only out of trading it falls before gaining it balance back.

Gold isn't much stable but can be volatile and I guess traders make some profit out of its volatility. However ,BTcC is more volatile compare to Gold , but why is Btc still preferred over Gold .
In my view, I believe  most people store their assets as Gold  because Gold is less volatile compared to BTC
But what about  choice  between Gold to BTC this image should  determine

https://twitter.com/TheBTCTherapist/status/1724011723726655577?t=KoU4wY5CWS_n5hNe1KKZ-g&s=19

This is somehow funny though if you've invested  in Gold then compared to now Tongue
Gold is a physical resource that can be touched and held in the hand, and because it is mined in very small quantities, the price of the metal is high. And since it is physical, it is highly valued by the government of every country and is also kept by listening to the country's reserves. But Bitcoin is a decentralized coin and is a fully digital currency. on the other hand, the owner of Bitcoin is completely anonymous, which is why the government system of most countries and ordinary people who do not know much about Bitcoin are afraid to invest in Bitcoin. And the country's reserves are not decided to be in Bitcoin. On the other hand, as the price of gold rises slowly and its price falls very low, everyone is happy to invest here.  And as the price of Bitcoin increases very quickly, it is seen much lower, so the risk here is much higher than that of gold. But for those who can take the risk and have both the courage and the ability to take the risk, Bitcoin will be the best investment. As a Bitcoin user I would definitely choose Bitcoin
Activity: 896
Merit: 312
November 18, 2023, 05:35:09 AM
Gold isn't much stable but can be volatile and I guess traders make some profit out of its volatility. However ,BTcC is more volatile compare to Gold , but why is Btc still preferred over Gold .
Because of the large profits obtained when Bitcoin rises in price, it reaches tens of thousands and has the potential to reach hundreds of thousands of dollars over certain periods in the long term.
If Gold is held in the same time period as Bitcoin, it will not achieve large profits as happened with Bitcoin.

In my view, I believe  most people store their assets as Gold  because Gold is less volatile compared to BTC
More than most investment-savvy investors will hold equal amounts of Gold and Bitcoin as a store of value.

But what about  choice  between Gold to BTC this image should  determine
I chose both because they are both types of investments that are good at preserving value.
Activity: 224
Merit: 195
November 17, 2023, 07:48:43 PM
Pls OP are you telling me the price of Gold doesn't inflate with time, you mean it remains the same price from years to years I would not rely on your Pic  chart. For the fact Bitcoin over heads Gold doesn't mean Gold should not receive it's own applaud. Gold has performed it's own function from centuries ago and still remains a store of value but Bitcoin coming into the picture has suceedingly over thrown Gold. The only reason why most people would still want to invest in Gold is because it doesn't gets deflated unlike Bitcoin, most persons are afraid of the volatile nature of Bitcoin and are afraid to invest in it, where else Bitcoin has overseeded Gold checking from past years chart and evidence is clear which to invest more into as Bitcoin always hit new ATH after every halving.
We can take Gold to be as a store of value while Bitcoin as an Investment
Activity: 1155
Merit: 77
November 17, 2023, 07:34:29 PM
Activity: 1064
Merit: 469
Cashback 15%
November 17, 2023, 07:14:14 PM
I will go for Bitcoin because it's stable currency and doing right time investment give you good profit. You can see those person who proper analyse and invest in the bear market of Bitcoin. They get a good amount of profit. Other hand you can see gold the price of gold increasing sometime the price of gold is decreasing but gold can't keep you that much profit Bitcoin can give. That's main reason I always choose Bitcoin for profit.

Your choice is not wrong in this case, but you need to know that Bitcoin is not a stable currency because Bitcoin always experiences unexpected declines and increases in the market, even at very small levels. The big advantage that everyone can get through Bitcoin is because Bitcoin has a much bigger price increase at a certain moment, but that doesn't mean you have to call it a stable currency because the understanding that a stable currency is a currency that has no changes large in value and price in the market.

And I see that it is more appropriate to say that for Gold even though gold is not a currency category but rather a precious metal asset category which has been trusted by many people as a stable asset in storing the value of money so it is very different from Bitcoin which can provide good profits for its owners in the long term. not long. And it looks like you still need to understand about stable currencies in the crypto space so that you don't make the mistake of placing any cryptocurrency in the stable category.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1343
November 17, 2023, 05:27:34 PM
I was going through twitter post today and I came across  a post. Then I wondered what about hypes from medias and the success behind  Gold or is it only out of trading it falls before gaining it balance back.

I agree entirely with Alexis Ohanian, Reddit's co-founder when he said that Bitcoin is a modern version of gold [1] and that they are not different from each other. Bitcoin embodies the same thing but for a new generation. I believe gold is a profitable investment, but it doesn't compare to the massive profits and returns achievable through Bitcoin, which is considered a safe currency in the market despite its price volatility. Some may view this volatility as unfavorable, and gold might be considered safer, but this volatility has many advantages. Investors can fill their wallets with more Bitcoin at competitive prices during downturns. When its price rises to new heights, this volatility can be beneficial. Many people still don't believe that Bitcoin is digital gold despite its limited total supply, which will decrease over time in the markets. As time progresses, scarcity and limited supply will make the price of Bitcoin high, aligning with gold in terms of scarcity and limited availability. For me, Bitcoin is the best investment, an advanced technology that has dramatically improved financial transactions.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 296
November 17, 2023, 12:11:55 PM
Currently, the price of gold is increasing and the price of Bitcoin is also increasing. For those people who are overthinking this issue I give a simple solution that the person who is waiting to invest and who knows about Bitcoin will definitely invest in Bitcoin and the person who has no idea about Bitcoin will invest his money in some other business site. I did not mention gold because very few people buy gold.  People who don't trust banks usually buy gold and hold it but no one buys gold to sell when the price of gold rises. If we observe how much the price of gold has changed and how much Bitcoin has changed in the last five years, we may not have much trouble figuring this out because we can easily say that the price of Bitcoin has changed a lot. You compare gold with bitcoin but I never compare gold with bitcoin because gold and bitcoin are different. Gold is a physical precious metal and Bitcoin is a virtual precious currency.
Pages:
Jump to: