Pages:
Author

Topic: Gold/BTC parity guessing game! Guess and win some BTC! (current jackpot: 70mBTC) - page 3. (Read 8573 times)

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
Want privacy? Use Monero!
new guess => new jackpot: 40 mBTC !!!
legendary
Ok, reorganized the opening post a little, to make it clear.
This is the first time I organize a game, so the rules were not clear.

The posted rules are final now. No changes to the rules will be made.

Please note that rule §2 changed a little, to avoid "last minute guesses":
You can not guess the "parity date" as the current date or the next day.
For exemple: When the current GMT date is 2013-11-01 you can not guess/claim 2013-11-01 and 2013-11-02.
These invalid guesses will also be refunded (minus transaction costs)

edit: I waited to change this rule to not affect the game. I introduce this today, because, according to the old rules, you can not guess on todays date. But the date of tomorrow is already claimed, so this rule change does not affect the game. The only thing that changed is that, if you want to guess 2013-11-27 as parity date, you need to claim that date today!
legendary
I haven't voted in this, but this voting system seems like it could be used widely. A system where every voter can be verified (if necessary) (through signing the address), fraudulent voting could be eliminated, and the record of the vote is permanently recorded in the blockchain so cannot be altered by a corrupt organisation. Would this work? Or am I missing something here...

I guess it would work Smiley you even have a timestamp Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1025
I haven't voted in this, but this voting system seems like it could be used widely. A system where every voter can be verified (if necessary) (through signing the address), fraudulent voting could be eliminated, and the record of the vote is permanently recorded in the blockchain so cannot be altered by a corrupt organisation. Would this work? Or am I missing something here...
legendary
we are getting close again:
goldprice: 1242.70 USD
bitcoinaverage: 826.00 USD
Activity: 812
Merit: 587
Space Lord
Reserved for possible future use.
legendary
What if nobody guesses the right date?

the closest person wins!

(and if 2 people are the same amount of days off, prize will be split off course)
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
What if nobody guesses the right date?
legendary
And... We have a 3th participant! Cheesy

2013-11-26: 1Mwbsy6g2fR1DMe1AhDcCeU8Wzoz9NRS6Y
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
legendary
March 17, 2014 before retracing back to around $1000

anybody can guess here, no problem, but if you want to win the prize, you need to send the money. In your case 0.01140317 Wink
legendary
When this date does happen, I believe there'll be much news and fanfare.

You should allow multiple people to bet on the same date. They would just share the pot.

hmmm, Pente joined with the current rules, so I dont think I can change them.
And I think it is more exciting to "lock" a date now in stead of allowing different people for the same date.
It is too easy to "guess" the date 24 hours before the actual date. Wink
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!
When this date does happen, I believe there'll be much news and fanfare.

You should allow multiple people to bet on the same date. They would just share the pot.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Drunk Posts
I hope to see some major coverage of this event in the media. Pretty cool thinking about a bitcoin being worth as much or more than a 1 oz. gold coin. For me, the next milestone will be when a bitcoin is worth a 10 oz. bar of gold. I think I just might buy one for decoration.  Grin

The day that happens, I'm buying a 100oz gold bar, and stamping a private key into it as a physical wallet.
legendary
I hope to see some major coverage of this event in the media. Pretty cool thinking about a bitcoin being worth as much or more than a 1 oz. gold coin. For me, the next milestone will be when a bitcoin is worth a 10 oz. bar of gold. I think I just might buy one for decoration.  Grin

or as bookend Wink
Activity: 528
Merit: 527
I hope to see some major coverage of this event in the media. Pretty cool thinking about a bitcoin being worth as much or more than a 1 oz. gold coin. For me, the next milestone will be when a bitcoin is worth a 10 oz. bar of gold. I think I just might buy one for decoration.  Grin
legendary
Pente, it seems that it will be a bet amoung ourselves, and I fear that you will win Wink

At the time I send my bet, I thought that even the 3th of january was too early, but at this rate...

legendary
I edited the rules a little, to make it more clear and avoid discussions:
We use the bitcoinaverage.com price (more precisely: the hourly close on BTCaverage should have been at least equal or above the spot gold price at a certain moment in that hour.
We use these charts:
BTC-price: https://bitcoinaverage.com/charts.htm#USD|averages
Gold-price: http://goldprice.org/NewCharts/gold/images/gold_1d_b_o_l_USD.png?0.07548413891345263

In case bitcoinaverage.com is not availible, we use the Mt.Gox-price.
In case Mt.Gox is not availible, we use the bitstamp price.
In case goldprice.org is down, we use xe.com
legendary

already added Smiley

If we get 100 participants, you basically get the value of 1 oz of gold as a price! Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: