Pages:
Author

Topic: Goldman Sachs survey - page 2. (Read 1172 times)

legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
June 25, 2015, 11:03:24 PM
i think the number of survey respondents is too small to assess the bitcoin usage. but still i think 22% is a good number at this stage.
additionally i don't really get the whole concern about sacrificing privacy for the sake of security thing that they are talking about, since you can use bitcoin totally anonymously and have the security also.
legendary
Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458
June 25, 2015, 08:17:37 PM
even if the survey said that only 1% of people wanted bitcoin, wall street will still want to get onboard..

after all 1% of people still equates to 3million US population.. which if people invested $1000 each, that is $3billion total in transactions. and even if wallstreet only do a 1% profit on the spread.. thats still $30million business..

and we all know that investors (not teenage drug users), proper investors want to spend more than $1000. thus the amounts i just quoted as trade and profits are the minimal amounts.. i see it being $10,000+ deals per investor, multiple times per year netting wall street multiples times the profit mentioned above
Activity: 378
Merit: 257
June 25, 2015, 07:23:05 PM
Wall street missed the bus on cryptos, they are too busy manipulating the housing market right now.  Don't worry though, they will jump on the band wagon eventually.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
June 25, 2015, 07:21:26 PM
Aww bummer, I was hoping this would be a survey wit two choices to answer the question: Is Goldman Sachs the root of all evil?

1. Yes

2. Hell yes

Anyway I believe that wall street is scratching its head at cryptos at the present.  It is never easy to predict what will happen in the future, and current opinion is worthless.  If you asked people if they would ever use a cell phone when they first came out, then most of them would say no I'd wager.  They were big and expensive, and kind of pointless.  Now there are not even any pay phones anywhere because everyone has a cell.  I think crypto is like this.  No one thinks they will ever use it, and then one day it will be so common that you don't even think about it or know when you stated using it.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin
June 25, 2015, 07:20:47 PM
They need a much larger sample to get real valid results, but even this is encouraging, especially the data:

-that only 5% used bitcoin, but dont plan to do so anymore
-22% used it before, and plan to use it again.
-also 22% didn't yet use it but plans to.

This is what bitcoin needs, returning "customers" (users), and not 5 minutes of glory, followed by despair.

cheers
Activity: 714
Merit: 503
June 25, 2015, 07:12:04 PM
I think they are wrong,most millenials are people who has grown with technology and they adapt new technologies easily,so it will not be a problem for them to get adapted when bitcoin is more used in the future
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
June 25, 2015, 07:10:03 PM
New Goldman Sachs survey.
http://www.coindesk.com/goldman-sachs-survey-millennials-bitcoin/

Despite the negative tone of the title I actually am encouraged by the survey.  Needs a bigger sample size.  But it says 22% of people that have never used bitcoin plan to use it in the future.  Only 5% have used it but will not use it again.  Showing most people that use bitcoin keep using it.  
Pages:
Jump to: