Pages:
Author

Topic: Gomez Peer + Bitcoin Mining = Success! - page 2. (Read 10118 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
July 25, 2011, 11:25:12 AM
It depends if you have to pay for power.  There are many people in situations where they don't have a power bill.  And some people like me, just want to do it for fun.
Activity: 504
Merit: 502
July 25, 2011, 11:04:29 AM
I read what you said.  I'm just saying that I use this as a side thing, not a dedicated use of CPU cycles.  It just automatically runs whenever my computer is on (e.g. when I'm surfing the web, watching movies, or playing games).

Erm you are missing the point, using any additional cpu power used and getting paid less for the power usage is a financial loss.

If you browsed the cost is neglectible since you would be paying for browsing cpu usage anyway, but if you browse and run this app, the additional cpu usage cost for the app would be more than you would get paid for running the additional cpu usage.

Doesnt matter how you slice it, do you understand now?
July 25, 2011, 11:01:57 AM
I read what you said.  I'm just saying that I use this as a side thing, not a dedicated use of CPU cycles.  It just automatically runs whenever my computer is on (e.g. when I'm surfing the web, watching movies, or playing games).
July 25, 2011, 10:59:18 AM
You can load it on multiple computers and just let it run while you're not doing anything.  The proceeds from all the computers you have it on will funnel to your one account.  That's what I do.  I also installed it on the computer I'm letting my parents use and so it generates a little extra cash whenever it's on as well.

You seem to forget what I actually said.

The top earners monthly earn $45, there is no way you can cover your cpu usage power cost with such a monthly payout.

Cost of power will destroy you with this system. They use cpu cycles = power usage, its not like your cpu is running on 0watts, now combine that with multiple cpus, the cost just increase and the payout doesnt justify the cost.
July 25, 2011, 10:57:28 AM
You can load it on multiple computers and just let it run while you're not doing anything.  The proceeds from all the computers you have it on will funnel to your one account.  That's what I do.  I also installed it on the computer I'm letting my parents use and so it generates a little extra cash whenever it's on as well.

July 25, 2011, 10:51:41 AM
Say what? There is a good reason not to use CPU due to power cost to performance.

Unless gomez peer(funkychicken) pays more than power cost to cpu usage.

I just saw the top monthly earners gaining $45 and it seems they are putting in serious cpu hours.

LMAO what a ripoff.
July 25, 2011, 10:50:14 AM
Does your CPU seem bored and disinterested in life lately? 

Does it sit there alone, idly watching your GPU have all the fun? 

Well now you can put your CPU to work as well!  Just click in my signature to sign up for Gomez Peer.  It uses your idle CPU cycles and pays you cash for it each month.

Your CPU will thank you.   Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: