Pages:
Author

Topic: Good time to sell? - page 2. (Read 1086 times)

legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1343
October 03, 2023, 04:26:58 PM
I believe this is still directed to the time of the bull run, and I'm sure that people would be affected by FOMO and some afterwards bearish threats which might make them panic and want to sell after some initial gains. It's easier said than done for many hodlers to wait for Bitcoin to effectuate the bull run completely. The reason is simple, it's due to the dynamism of the market mixed with its uncertainty. For this, people's emotions might be able to carry it and many would not want to lose the money they had already gained, it's until the time comes before you fully understand this, especially if you've not benefited from the initial bull run or inexperienced about trader's psychology in line with the market.

As for me, I would rather not say I will not sell at any time, I will only let my technical chart guide me.
FOMO is a natural condition that can affect those investors who entered the bull market and found after the price rise that, the market might correct and decline again, so they panic that the high price will not return again after huge sales and disposals. They are forced to sell to secure some small gains that are not worth the time of their long holding. This is often attributed to their lack of experience and control over their emotions, driven by anxiety, fear, and uncertainty, in addition to their failure to rely on charts and technical and analytical indicators and to adopt a fixed strategy and clear goals in their actions. For me, the excellent time to sell is when the price of the currency that I invested reaches the target specified for sale, which will ensure that I am able to recover my capital investment and generate good profits. However, greed makes many ignore good selling opportunities, Ideally, they could have sold gradually when the price pump to recover their initial capital and some profits while still retaining some exposure to potential gains in the future.
Activity: 235
Merit: 106
October 03, 2023, 11:59:14 AM
A simple question to those who are hoping to profit on the next Bitcoin bull-run:
How do you determine when is the good time to sell?
in other words: how would you know we've reached the peak?

Do you have a set "goal" price at which you'd be selling no matter what happens? Do you intend to sell incrementally as the price goes up? Or maybe when the price gradually drops (e.g. it goes down for X days in a row), indicating we're past the peak?

From my point of view, if you are an experienced person then it is easy for you to set the right time. Because veterans and experimenters always benefit. If you hold a coin for a long period of time, you can sell that coin a few days after the bullrun starts.

Yes, I follow some rules, that is, when the price of the coin I hold increases a lot, I slowly sell that coin. Because if I want to sell 100% of the fund's coins at a high price, it is not possible to sell. It falls very quickly.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 453
October 03, 2023, 11:43:50 AM
A simple question to those who are hoping to profit on the next Bitcoin bull-run:

Do you have a set "goal" price at which you'd be selling no matter what happens? Do you intend to sell incrementally as the price goes up? Or maybe when the price gradually drops (e.g. it goes down for X days in a row), indicating we're past the peak?

If you are a long-term holder who is an investor, you should really have time to decide which part of your portfolio you want to sell. For example, your goal target is to sell the holdings you have when the profit from the capital you used is x5, or it depends on you if that's x10 or more. It is important that you have such settings. Because when there is no such timeframe, what will happen in the end is that you will have second thoughts about what you will do.

Is it the kind, you will think, am I going to sell it? or don't at first; maybe it will increase these thoughts that can enter our brains at the height of the bull run. Meaning if there are not enough settings, it can give us future problems when it comes to decisions.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1561
October 02, 2023, 05:52:48 PM
I always try to look for couple different indicators. Main mathematical indicator is obviously pi cycle top. But many people consider those indicators as something very manipulative. So I also look for sentiment of markets. I especially observe my local people. At one point crypto market becomes so good that everyone starts to say they buy some Bitcoin. But as I say, its actually good time to sell. I mean even your local grocery guy buys Bitcoin (not as user but short term profit seeker) its a point to worry.

That's 100% true, you can tell we reached the peak when almost every person you talk to starts mentioning Bitcoin/crypto. I noticed that in the previous bull run. The problem with it is that this is hard to measure and therefore not very reliable.

Ideally I'd be looking at a combination of 3-4 easily measurable metrics, that could help you decide when is the best time to sell without relying on emotions at all.
Activity: 2786
Merit: 646
October 02, 2023, 04:53:47 PM
On bitcoin, it is best to hold long-term. But if someone needs funds selling a portion of it in 2025 is reasonable enough. In the meantime, I quit trading so I also stopped using indicators. But I might sell part of my holding when bitcoin reaches the previous ATH of $67k and then once again around $95k. In the previous bull runs I waited too much which was $20k in 2017 and $70k in 2021. It didn't happen so I will be a little conservative this time. But it is still better to use indicators and I might also trade again during that time.
If you have known Bitcoin for a long time, you should be wiser in determining when to sell, and as you say is quite true and the reasons are very strong.
It is very possible for bitcoin to reach its latest price peak and if we look at the many speculations from experts and look at what has happened in the past then I think there is no need to doubt anything, so if this Bitcoin investment is quite promising then there is no reason to release it early if it is not due to urgent needs or other things beyond your control.
If you have long-term knowledge of Bitcoin, you will not sell your holdings of Bitcoin, but rather try to hold them for a long time. Of course, Bitcoin has a future that is very near, and it won't take long to reach that point, many experts have researched that it is going to build up to the high level of Bitcoin very soon. Of course, if we look at Bitcoin's history in the past, we can trust it now and rest assured that there is no doubt that Bitcoin is waiting to achieve great things ahead. Of course, Bitcoin investing should never be left to an emergency; it should wait to get to that point. You need to be patient until your risk of profit appears, and you must wait for your investment to pay off.
When it comes to investing in Bitcoin we can say that it is a precondition for long term holding. Because we know that the market goes from long bullish to bearish and then bullish again through which bitcoin continues. If an investor is interested in earning large amount of money from Bitcoin, he must invest for the long term or else he will not be able to get to the desired position. However, there are some investors who are interested in taking short term profits. It totally depends on an investor. Short term investment has high probability of loss so long term investment must be done to avoid risk. But an investor's decision is the main point to consider profit or loss his investment. I am profitable with Bitcoin investment but I definitely want to hold it longer.
Im a type of investor on which it i do divide up my stash specially on Bitcoin which one is for holding up for long term and one would really be that good for making some short trades because it would really be that a

little boring if you do just simply wait up and sit down on how the market moves and it would really be just that wise on trying to make use of your time on dealing with the market actively on which it could really give out that kind of opportunity on which you could really make money in shortest time as possible or doesnt really need to wait but somehow it would really be that needing that more risks taking which not all
would really be able to do so. Time to sell? Or the best time to release those bags? Then this would really be falling down on someones preference yet know that we do have  that different selling point.

Doesnt matter on what would be the numbers as long it would really be sharing up on the same idea or goal on which is on to make those gains. Positive is positive or profit is profit and
doesnt matter on how small or big it is, the important is that you do really be able to make money out of those decisions that you had made.
Activity: 350
Merit: 335
October 02, 2023, 07:45:41 AM
I always try to look for couple different indicators. Main mathematical indicator is obviously pi cycle top. But many people consider those indicators as something very manipulative. So I also look for sentiment of markets. I especially observe my local people. At one point crypto market becomes so good that everyone starts to say they buy some Bitcoin. But as I say, its actually good time to sell. I mean even your local grocery guy buys Bitcoin (not as user but short term profit seeker) its a point to worry.

True, many items influence and are tied together. Yes. Market conditions always make us think, but one thing we feel is that trading consumes a lot of energy. If it rises, we feel happy and vice versa. But. I think if you want to set up buying and selling, it's better to just do it once a week (Short Term) maybe it's better for now.

Of course, there are lots of indicators that are used, but from the several sources that we have looked for and tried, none of them work perfectly, there are shortcomings and it comes back to us when we make decisions about when to buy and sell .
I am not really a fan of short term buying and selling as it require sophisticated skills to be profitable. From experience, it is most profitable buying and selling in a market under consolidation ( market moving within a range). But when there is a clear trend in the market,it becomes a problem. I usually do not encourage those who are not technically and psychologically prepared to venture into this style of Bitcoin investment.

Gradually we are seeing some positive response from the market, signalling that the much anticipated bull marketing is setting in. This is indeed a good time to buy rather than sell. Besides, who will hold Bitcoin through the prolonged consolidation only to sell when the marketing is showing signs of bullishness? Next year might be late to buy so all buying will be best suited now.
Activity: 2184
Merit: 718
October 02, 2023, 07:42:30 AM
True, many items influence and are tied together. Yes. Market conditions always make us think, but one thing we feel is that trading consumes a lot of energy. If it rises, we feel happy and vice versa. But. I think if you want to set up buying and selling, it's better to just do it once a week (Short Term) maybe it's better for now.
Everyone can actually make arrangements for buying and selling based on their own tastes, but what is certain is to see what level of profit we can get when we want to sell. Because basically buyers or traders in the short term have to look at the profits they can get so that it can be balanced enough with the energy they use when trading on the market.

Of course, there are lots of indicators that are used, but from the several sources that we have looked for and tried, none of them work perfectly, there are shortcomings and it comes back to us when we make decisions about when to buy and sell .
Most people will continue to take advantage of falling prices to continue buying as much as they can and selling when they see an increase in prices as has happened today in the market. It is very likely that traders who once bought Bitcoin at $25K will be quite happy to see that Bitcoin has risen back to more than $28K and possibly back to $30K if there are no more price corrections this month.
Activity: 742
Merit: 170
October 02, 2023, 12:09:20 AM
On bitcoin, it is best to hold long-term. But if someone needs funds selling a portion of it in 2025 is reasonable enough. In the meantime, I quit trading so I also stopped using indicators. But I might sell part of my holding when bitcoin reaches the previous ATH of $67k and then once again around $95k. In the previous bull runs I waited too much which was $20k in 2017 and $70k in 2021. It didn't happen so I will be a little conservative this time. But it is still better to use indicators and I might also trade again during that time.
If you have known Bitcoin for a long time, you should be wiser in determining when to sell, and as you say is quite true and the reasons are very strong.
It is very possible for bitcoin to reach its latest price peak and if we look at the many speculations from experts and look at what has happened in the past then I think there is no need to doubt anything, so if this Bitcoin investment is quite promising then there is no reason to release it early if it is not due to urgent needs or other things beyond your control.
If you have long-term knowledge of Bitcoin, you will not sell your holdings of Bitcoin, but rather try to hold them for a long time. Of course, Bitcoin has a future that is very near, and it won't take long to reach that point, many experts have researched that it is going to build up to the high level of Bitcoin very soon. Of course, if we look at Bitcoin's history in the past, we can trust it now and rest assured that there is no doubt that Bitcoin is waiting to achieve great things ahead. Of course, Bitcoin investing should never be left to an emergency; it should wait to get to that point. You need to be patient until your risk of profit appears, and you must wait for your investment to pay off.
When it comes to investing in Bitcoin we can say that it is a precondition for long term holding. Because we know that the market goes from long bullish to bearish and then bullish again through which bitcoin continues. If an investor is interested in earning large amount of money from Bitcoin, he must invest for the long term or else he will not be able to get to the desired position. However, there are some investors who are interested in taking short term profits. It totally depends on an investor. Short term investment has high probability of loss so long term investment must be done to avoid risk. But an investor's decision is the main point to consider profit or loss his investment. I am profitable with Bitcoin investment but I definitely want to hold it longer.
Activity: 882
Merit: 215
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
October 01, 2023, 11:57:58 PM

Activity: 448
Merit: 216
I like to treat everyone as a friend 🔹
October 01, 2023, 10:57:35 PM
legendary
Activity: 2394
Merit: 1358
October 01, 2023, 04:14:34 PM
Activity: 1974
Merit: 575
September 28, 2023, 06:04:13 PM
I agree, if you are in profit that would make sense but that doesn't mean that we are not going to end up with something that would benefit everyone, it would lead to something that you would regret on the short term. I personally believe that the best thing to do would be making sure that its going to end up with some losses one way or another, and that means you are not going to end up with a good result all that easily, so you should try to avoid it if possible. If you can hold, even while you are in profit, that would be better if the price keeps going up, you just need to make sure that its still going up and not really going down, which is a hard thing to do but can be done.
Activity: 2436
Merit: 324
September 28, 2023, 05:45:37 PM
For me personally, whenever it looks profitable then that's the right time to sell, so far I often sell or buy in stages because for me this method allows me not to miss any momentum that occurs in the market and using this method may be a little better than targeting the peak price because sometimes when it has risen to the highest peak it will encourage investors to become greedy so they don't immediately release their bitcoin at that price, they hope there will be an even higher peak than that, lucky if the market moves according to expectations but if not it will cause regret.
At least you make a profit and feel contentment in just small amounts. Playing the market volatility is a smart idea and are able to make more profit rather than just holding and waiting for the next bull season. Indeed, I play the same as you and I take the opportunity to sell them in the moment that the price goes high. I would tell you that the volatility of the market helps a lot, it is our advantage in generating a profit but, it also need to study it well as this will be a reason for our losses if we make a mistake.

Profit is profit and no matter how small it is as long it would really be that positive or green then make yourself get contented with that. Dont make yourself that been dragged with those regrets and hesitations on the time that you do see the price shoots up even more because it do really  give out that kind of odd and regret feeling which it isnt something ideal because it would really be causing that kind of impulsive approach which might cause up some mistakes and errors towards with your future decisions in your trading which i would say that it would really be just that bad.
Good time to sell would always be pertaining about those positive gains and never ever consider yourself on making those panic selling or sell on lose because there's no way that you could really be able to get it back
unless if you do hold your position then it would really be ideal on doing such thing but if not then you would be suffering losses which recovery might took long. This is why its always that important that you should
really be wise on when to take some entry and when to make some exit basing up on the market condition or situation.
Activity: 490
Merit: 151
September 28, 2023, 05:39:40 PM
I will sell it when the price of bitcoin rises above 100k. After Bitcoin is worth 100k, I will enjoy selling half of my investment profit and keep the other half for the next bull market. No matter how late it takes for Bitcoin to reach 100k, I will sell it as soon as it reaches 100k. And I know that it won't be too late for Bitcoin to hit 100k.
Some investors doesn't rush and sell out their coins, they only wait and make sure that their coins grow before selling, when you sell your coin will indicates how much profits you make for your investment, when you invest with a money you did not plan to cash it out anytime or have it back anytime you will on your own allow it to stay till when you will make profit, bitcoin investment have to be mature for the investor to make profit through target, when you don't have a particular time in mind you will not know when to cash out your funds
Activity: 2800
Merit: 344
when lambo...
September 28, 2023, 05:02:27 PM
For me personally, whenever it looks profitable then that's the right time to sell, so far I often sell or buy in stages because for me this method allows me not to miss any momentum that occurs in the market and using this method may be a little better than targeting the peak price because sometimes when it has risen to the highest peak it will encourage investors to become greedy so they don't immediately release their bitcoin at that price, they hope there will be an even higher peak than that, lucky if the market moves according to expectations but if not it will cause regret.
At least you make a profit and feel contentment in just small amounts. Playing the market volatility is a smart idea and are able to make more profit rather than just holding and waiting for the next bull season. Indeed, I play the same as you and I take the opportunity to sell them in the moment that the price goes high. I would tell you that the volatility of the market helps a lot, it is our advantage in generating a profit but, it also need to study it well as this will be a reason for our losses if we make a mistake.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 502
Vave.com - Crypto Casino
September 28, 2023, 11:51:25 AM

If I were to decide those days that I still have Bitcoin at my wallet, maybe I shouldn't sell it until the time bullrun hits during pandemic. There no specific goals or targets can be established, because Bitcoin is certainly unpredictable and that's a legit scenario. Everybody was shocked during those old days, and if I could turn back time holding bitcoin will be my most priority. Nowadays, I'm financially drowned because of wrong decisions I've made of my crypto assets during the peak of coins and altcoins.
Activity: 2016
Merit: 281
Vave.com - Crypto Casino
September 28, 2023, 10:59:26 AM
Activity: 812
Merit: 210
September 28, 2023, 09:13:58 AM
Activity: 2240
Merit: 579
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform
September 28, 2023, 09:02:31 AM
Bitcoin has not had a 25x price growth in many years. If that was my target then I could probably sell today and easily earn it all back and a lot more before seeing that sort of opportunity. I've been through this many times before. I held some ETH in its early days. I held Doge when it was less than a cent and only made about 100x profit when it could've been 1000x. There is almost always a better time to sell, maybe not for some shitcoins but for BTC this is always the case. I don't really have any regrets because bear markets will always return to provide us with an opportunity to recover.

Yes, this is a very good time to sell Bitcoin. This is the time of the going up of Bitcoin. Bitcoin's price is around 26,000 dollars and 28,000 dollars. This is a great opportunity to sell Bitcoin, don’t wait for Bitcoin to go more up, sell the Bitcoin in the current situation. It’s better for you. Smiley

But for us, we are not selling until we see a $100,000 bitcoin  Wink
Whether or not the time to sell is right depends on the initial target that we have set. If we look at the Bitcoin price which is always moving, of course there are all possibilities for us to be able to make big or small profits, but it all comes back to the target of the planning that we have done. .

And for those people who are waiting for $100k I think it is quite logical considering the possible possibilities that many people are talking about about the Halving and the next ATH, I am also waiting for that.

Those who can afford to hold until the next bull season will only sell when bitcoin makes a new ATH, which is something to celebrate because the profits will then be much larger. But I also don't see anything wrong with someone selling bitcoin now if they have a good reason given their circumstances or it's a goal they set years ago. The best time to sell bitcoin is to sell at the target we set, not at the highest price because no one can know what the highest price is.

I'm also waiting for bitcoin's new ATH but I'm not waiting for $100k, I will only sell when bitcoin reaches my target. I think an ATH of $100k in the next bull season is quite modest and I expect $150k or more, I will sell the majority of my bitcoin.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 592
The Martian Child
September 28, 2023, 08:48:36 AM
Pages:
Jump to: