Pages:
Author

Topic: Good to delete post or not - page 2. (Read 270 times)

Activity: 1134
Merit: 105
February 27, 2021, 10:36:11 PM
There is no hard and fast rule that the post should be deleted / edited or strike out. Anyone is free to do whatever he/she likes with his post.

However, if you want to be on safe side, its better to quote the post and then reply to it. In this situation if the owner of the post changes or delete the post, your post will not be considered irrelevant because you have quoted it and replied to it.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1167
Gamble responsibly
February 27, 2021, 07:31:50 PM
I have noticed some people will strike out a particular misinformation on their post while some people will remove it entirely in a way no one can see it again. Also I noticed some posts that you will see in five minutes ago will be deleted, I believe some of the deleted posts are not from moderators but from account owners. There are some things that do pop up to my mind.

I do feel like I cheat if I posted already and another user posted under my post which make my post irrelevant, I think at times that if I delete the post that I cheat, that it ought not to be like that, but also sometimes it can lead to misinformation if it is not deleted. What do you suggest:

If some of the posts contain the misinformation, I can just strike the wrong part out. But in this case can I just edit it without need to strike it out but erase it completely?

Also if all contents in the post are wrong, should it be left not deleted or deleted for people not to read it at all?

Note: Quoted posts are not included and they should not be deleted and if corrected, the misinformation should be striked out.
Pages:
Jump to: