Pages:
Author

Topic: Good trading volume doesn't mean a token is good - page 6. (Read 889 times)

Activity: 1162
Merit: 516
1BTC Welcome Bonus
This topic might be applicable for the the many worst IEO tokens which is been listed in the top exchanges and after the token Selva he was seeing drastic price fall for the token.
So we need to be more careful while choosing the tokens bye searching about them and learn there project background and team information. If all things good you can go for investment.
Activity: 938
Merit: 256
Behold good trading volume doesn't mean a coin or token is good, i read in a thread where few people are saying if a coin has no volume means its a bad coin, well here we go, bad coins can have huuuge volume, you must have heard of bomb token? bomb token has good trading volume but guess what? it has no real use case, the volume comes from HYPE because its a deflationary tokens, people believed that the more a max supply of a token get decreased or burned off over time means they are GOLD tokens, it does bring profits to early adopters like they say but NO REAL USE CASES.

I'm agree with no volume means the token is bad, because no one wanted the token that means people are not seeing any potential with the tokens and the token project management are not doing anything with the zero volume that. So i think they're not going to make the project develop and exit scam
Activity: 903
Merit: 391
Behold good trading volume doesn't mean a coin or token is good, i read in a thread where few people are saying if a coin has no volume means its a bad coin, well here we go, bad coins can have huuuge volume, you must have heard of bomb token? bomb token has good trading volume but guess what? it has no real use case, the volume comes from HYPE because its a deflationary tokens, people believed that the more a max supply of a token get decreased or burned off over time means they are GOLD tokens, it does bring profits to early adopters like they say but NO REAL USE CASES.
Volume trading really can't make we decide the coin is good or bad even trading volume can't be used as a good exchange reference or not. Because it can be faked and especially for altcoin, their whales can be easier to manipulate either volume or price in market. Maybe good altcoin for me, beside have use case, their developer keep update abput the project and make good communication with investors.
Activity: 2002
Merit: 250
all crypto currencies still don't exist for real use !, in my opinion only Bitcoin,
Altcoin is still awaiting mass adoption, and if mass adoption and real use are done I'm sure crypto currencies will really be used worldwide,
this is just waiting just time for everyone in the world to realize that crypto currency is very useful
Activity: 1596
Merit: 264
Well it would just mean that it is being traded but it doesn't guarantee how profitable it is. It is being actively traded but it doesn't mean that it is living up to its price. It could be a shitcoin or it is in fact a shitcoin in the end. There could be a fresh new coin in the market that would surely be a just 1 digit of percentage in trading volume but it could grow further when more investors saw the project it came from and I am pretty sure that it is a better coin than what you see that has massive trading volume.
Activity: 860
Merit: 253
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE
My friend is engaged in trading such hype shitcoins and he is doing great. From the point of view of the development of crypto, these coins are an empty place. However, with the right approach, you can earn on such coins.
copper member
Activity: 966
Merit: 5

In this space, there are traders and investors, there are those who indulge in both and vice versa. Now for daily traders what matters to them is good volume, some hardly care if it's good project or not but with good volume they can trade. So in my own opinion, good volume matters a whole lot, even the investors won't be happy investing in a coin with low volume; the reality is, most sees a coin with low volume as a bad one and that's it..  Volume matters too as it adds more credibility to the project.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 425
It depends on the token itself the volume could easily be fake in the market buying or selling the smallest amount available in the market at a very high market price could easily increase the market value of the token.
Also a lot of dead tokens are in the market I suggest just to buy a popular altcoins in the market just like XRP with a low price in the market you could easily buy a high volume of this token and invest it in a long term investment in my opinion it could easily make a good profit considering the high volume of investment you buy.
Activity: 2856
Merit: 644
https://duelbits.com/
I just think that a good volume means there are many traders there who buy and sell as long as the volume is not fake like in other exchanges, I only believe in exchanges that are trusted and popular but if there are good volume tokens on the exchange that are often fake volumes. I'm not sure that coin is good.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 104
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

I agree with you, most of these projects have nothing nor user case yet they have good volume when compared with most coins, it all points to hype. But on the other hand, I also find it disappointing for projects which are classified as good ones not to have good trading volume; this will only leave a negative effect on the project because users will develop cold feet towards it and before long the project will cease to exist.
Activity: 882
Merit: 268

Do you mean this bomb ?

I read a few things about bombs and they are indeed coin based social experiments that focus on deflation. Provides 1 million tokens, and burns every 1% per transaction.
https://medium.com/swlh/14-things-we-learned-creating-a-million-dollar-hyperdeflationary-currency-f372b270469c

Holders do not consider anything important other than joining as active activists, I think their concept is no different from doge at first, even though vision and usability do not have real use cases.

I trade several coins according to the vision of each coin, so that they can be determined to be effective for the short / long term, not always about good trading volume, traders only need to trade coins that are only profitable.

Activity: 925
Merit: 100

Well actually you are right, but you and I know that if a coin doesn't have any good volume we won't buy, and it doesn't end there, the exchange in question might delist it. Thus from all conditions be it a bad or good project or token let it have a good trading volume as that will show the members or potential buyers that the project is at least existing. This is just the reality of things.
Activity: 742
Merit: 329
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
I agree with this. Nowadays, people tend to get attracted to the altcoins or cryptocurrencies that have a huge trading volume because for them, they think that it is a sign of a growing cryptocurrency and they should jump in before it is too late but they didn't know that most of the time, it is caused by a hype and it is not a healthy practice to invest into a project that is just about the hype.
Activity: 1568
Merit: 511
Well especially when we have exchange like Bitforex/Bitmart

I am sorry to say but most of the volume trade are heavily washed
Volume washing can be good on flat, bad on back

Even exchange like Kucoin does wash their volume so it look like they have tons of volume :/
Activity: 644
Merit: 12
Alternative investment banking platform
I think that such unreal volumes are present on coins that are listed on less popular exchanges and the creators of exchanges themselves twist these volumes with bots so that at least someone would pay attention to their exchange and start using it. And also it is sometimes used to ensure that stupid users of the exchange buy this coin and then cannot sell it since the bot never buys on someone else's order and you will be left with a coin that in fact costs nothing, so beware of this.
Activity: 224
Merit: 71
Yes some exchange exchange most of the exchanges use boots to increase the volume so I prefer a piece with a real low volume
Activity: 1400
Merit: 273
In the cryptocurrency industry, after the coin or token, was listed, the volume was the determining factor of its liquidity that's why most projects are running trading competition to uplift the current volume in totality most traders usually don't just see or considers a good projects base on whitepaper use case etc. since they are just temporarily holders of those tokens. and that's true, there are two opposite opinion regarding that matter. with the opinion on traders versus the opinion of long term holders.  

But in the longest term, it is the project itself that will determine the success of the coin and not the volume. The project is the one and only basis of the coin's success, its product to be exact. The volume may live up to what the traders are asking, mainly liquidity. That is enough for the coin to be doing good in the exchanges. But if the project will stagnate, it will turn into a pump and dump coin with no real investors' demand. Once the coin is on this phase, it will soon perish.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 432
Most cases people don't really care about real use case, as long as they could take the profit from the altcoins, that's what matters for them.
Let's not forget about market manipulation, you'll bots everywhere and fake volumes here and there. More volumes means more traders doing some trading there, but what we have all fake orders and all. And Indeed, HYPE could make the volume rose quite high.
the most important thing for people is profit, but there are also those who are concerned with a real platform, usually a real platform can make projects have a long life in the market all about choices and it's a good idea to choose a project with a real platform
Activity: 340
Merit: 2
As usual, the trading volume is good, there is a fair number of transactions between buyers and sellers, which makes people feel more secure whether it is a good coin or not but the trading volume is very important. weight, but the coin has no trading volume, it can be removed at any time.
Activity: 1820
Merit: 107
In the cryptocurrency industry, after the coin or token, was listed, the volume was the determining factor of its liquidity that's why most projects are running trading competition to uplift the current volume in totality most traders usually don't just see or considers a good projects base on whitepaper use case etc. since they are just temporarily holders of those tokens. and that's true, there are two opposite opinion regarding that matter. with the opinion on traders versus the opinion of long term holders.  
Pages:
Jump to: