Pages:
Author

Topic: Good ways to invest Bitcoins - page 7. (Read 11384 times)

legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
/dev/null
May 13, 2015, 02:57:47 AM
ahh buy, send to paper wallet, store, profit. forget about altcoins, daily trading, mining or other fancy ways how to stress yourself. just HODL in long term and say thanks to me later.) thanks for attention.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
May 13, 2015, 02:16:38 AM
i find it risky to diversify too much into altcoin, you need to choose at best 3 altcoin carefully, and only the big ones, yeah i know that some unknown ones sometimes explode and give you x10-x25 but is too much of a gamble

i think that dash is just a pump and dump trash, nxt and monero may be better choice
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
May 13, 2015, 01:03:08 AM
Why not diversify some amount of your bitcoin to some promising altcoins, especially at this time their price is really attractive, Such as Dash, NXT etc. when Bitcoin's price rebound, altcoins may bounce strongly. Do your research carefully before making decision!
Q7
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
May 10, 2015, 09:38:22 AM
I'm not sure whether your interest is purely gold or bitcoin but nevertheless the best way is still to diversify and put your holdings into both. You can actually convert your btc stash directly to physical gold coins and sites like amagimetals actually let you buy using btc.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
May 09, 2015, 03:00:12 PM
i use BitReserve to protect from the volatility (& buy just about every other currency i could want -even gold/silver), and Coinarch to short/long (to hopefully make a few bucks, lol)....
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
May 08, 2015, 05:29:51 AM

Solid post thankyou. The thing that puts me off is that everything is settled in Bitcoin, so the investment is still hinging on Bitcoins value.
I would prefer it to be settled in say dollars, euros, gbp, a currency of choice and then wired to bank or just converted back to BTC at withdrawal.

It is a good way to tuck some coins away if they pass due diligence though.

Yeah do your research on it.  I know a lot of traders who use it.

Well if you really wanted, you could short BTC to protect your investment.

You could hedge your investment by getting some PUT options OTC.

Finex margin shorts wouldn't work with the interest.

Okcoin quarterly shorts might work best.  They also sometimes trade at a premium so you get bonus interest.  But you'd be utilizing capital that could be invested in futures.  And you'd want your futures to have lower leverage to keep yourself safe.  3x leverage short?

Anyways that's all hypothetical.  This site is currently centered around settling in Bitcoin.  It doesn't work as well if you also want to hedge btc/usd.
Activity: 194
Merit: 10
May 08, 2015, 03:45:24 AM
loaning bitcoin is dangerous due to the high volatility of the currency.

If it goes down in value, sure you get paid back but you get less than you lent out.
If it goes up in value,  you risk the borrower defaulting as he now has to pay back double/triple+++ what he borrowed

Yes you can compensate for these factors to an extent but it seems like very low returns once you factor everything in, and quite labour intensive. Plus you are still dealing in bitcoins, so it does not diversify your portfolio at all.

Buying gold is a great example, and I will almost certainly do so Smiley

Next up, an S&P 500 index tracker paid for with bitcoins please!

With 1 broker you can trade the S&P 500. (and much more)

Solid post thankyou. The thing that puts me off is that everything is settled in Bitcoin, so the investment is still hinging on Bitcoins value.
I would prefer it to be settled in say dollars, euros, gbp, a currency of choice and then wired to bank or just converted back to BTC at withdrawal.

It is a good way to tuck some coins away if they pass due diligence though.

May 08, 2015, 01:18:00 AM

If it goes down in value, sure you get paid back but you get less than you lent out.
If it goes up in value,  you risk the borrower defaulting as he now has to pay back double/triple+++ what he borrowed

Yes you can compensate for these factors to an extent but it seems like very low returns once you factor everything in, and quite labour intensive. Plus you are still dealing in bitcoins, so it does not diversify your portfolio at all.

With 1 broker you can trade the S&P 500. (and much more)
May 08, 2015, 01:17:16 AM
This might be exactly what you're looking for.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11317850
May 06, 2015, 07:27:37 AM

If it goes up in value,  you risk the borrower defaulting as he now has to pay back double/triple+++ what he borrowed

Activity: 391
Merit: 250
May 06, 2015, 05:02:22 AM
Funding cool projects or lending money to interesting ideas might be possible. I'm not sure how much funding something Boost.VC needs but participating in those rounds might be good if you've got the BTC to participate.
There are a lot of scams risks around crypto world. Be aware of them.  Always research before investing your hard earned bit[Suspicious link removed]d luck for you!
Activity: 171
Merit: 100
May 06, 2015, 04:54:48 AM
A faucet. Many people who open faucet and earn more Bitcoin from there. However sometime faucet can also fail. It depend mostly on your payout and advertising.
Activity: 910
May 06, 2015, 04:50:42 AM
Funding cool projects or lending money to interesting ideas might be possible. I'm not sure how much funding something Boost.VC needs but participating in those rounds might be good if you've got the BTC to participate.
legendary
Activity: 950
Activity: 706
https://twitter.com/CryptoTrout
May 06, 2015, 03:25:11 AM

assets which ownership is held digitally would be ideal (think certificates of ownership)

take a look at ARCH  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-archcoin-arch-the-arch-network-news-831777

the coins represent shares in the the ARCH Network companies, when there sales profits go toward market buying arch coins as a way of paying out dividends to share holders. 

http://moby.io/

copper member
Activity: 2226
Merit: 536
Promotional Campaign Manager|Telegram @NrcewkerBTC
May 06, 2015, 12:04:17 AM
anyone try bitcoin lending?
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031
RIP Mommy
May 05, 2015, 05:08:46 PM
that looks very interesting, thankyou.

The rates on bullion aren't bad, even when delivered at £50 postage

legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
May 05, 2015, 03:26:08 PM
think services like this:

https://www.bullionvault.com/

something that can be invested in, and then sold for fiat if wanted in a few years time without having to take delivery and keep a bunch of assets lying around the house.

oh i get it, you need to buy virtual assets with bitcoin, maybe this is what you want? https://bullionbitcoin.com/faqs

i can't find many others

p.s. actually it seems that they deliver physical gold too..mmmh
May 05, 2015, 03:09:08 PM
think services like this:

https://www.bullionvault.com/

something that can be invested in, and then sold for fiat if wanted in a few years time without having to take delivery and keep a bunch of assets lying around the house.
Pages:
Jump to: