Pages:
Author

Topic: Good/best online wallet? - page 2. (Read 5672 times)

donator
Activity: 848
Merit: 1078
January 07, 2012, 08:11:59 PM
Does Mt. Gox have any transfer fees?

Sadly they dont accept namecoins or litecoins :/

No they don't. However coins only appear in your Gox wallet when they have 6 confirmations.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
January 07, 2012, 09:29:03 AM
Does Mt. Gox have any transfer fees?

Sadly they dont accept namecoins or litecoins :/
Activity: 602
Merit: 501
January 07, 2012, 02:03:51 AM
I'm very interested in this topic, since I'm just finding out about bitcoins but right now all the computers I have access to are shared and I only need to move around small amounts.

More than anything I'd like to hear opinions on how secure e-wallets are in practice, would my funds really be compromised even in the short term using any of these services? Are they constantly under attack?

I'm using instawallet right now, I keep the address written down and check only using my portable Chrome on incognito mode from my thumbdrive and then only from computers which I know aren't infected with any viruses.

In my opinion, it is OK to use a website for small amounts. You just need to protect yourself from vírus/malware that could steal your password (if you used the official client you'd have to do that anyway). The top exchanges are probably safe: Mtgox, TradeHill, CampBX, Intersango, etc. They have been around for several months and they haven't been compromised (well, except for MtGox in June...). Btc-e is more recent and doesn't inspire me a lot of trust, but maybe they are OK too.
vip
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1140
The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)
January 07, 2012, 01:15:01 AM
I would recommend you print a paper wallet from BitAddress.org.  This is what I do, and I handle thousands of Bitcoins.  Virtually all of my bitcoins are on paper.

I have a utility that, if you give me the Bitcoin address, I can give you the Namecoin address that shares the same private key, without needing to know the private key.  It's a simple mathematical conversion.  So you could use the same paper wallet for both.  The utility is open source, you can download it and run it too.  It will generate addresses for all the various crap coins  Wink if you just input the number that identifies them (e.g. 0 for bitcoin, 52 for namecoin, someone surely knows the number for all the others).  Hopefully the alt coin of your choice supports private key imports.

(Excuse the bias on the alt coins, of course)
Activity: 10
January 06, 2012, 08:44:27 PM
I've been using MtGox, but I typically don't store for more than a few days.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
January 05, 2012, 02:52:36 PM
i don't know if its the best idea but i use btc-e and vicurex as online wallets, they both can do what you want
Activity: 38
January 05, 2012, 01:06:29 PM
Just as the title states: Recommend me a good online wallet, with these conditions:

- Static recieve address
- Wallet for BitCoin
- Wallet for NameCoin
Would be nice if it could store LiteCoins aswell, but its not an absolute need.

Fire away! Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: