Pages:
Author

Topic: GOOGLE BANS BITCOIN MINING APPS.ON PLAY STORE - page 3. (Read 1352 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 100
On the one hand, this is the right decision, because many of these applications are scammers. But on the other hand, it can badly affect the bitcoin exchange rate.
Activity: 125
Merit: 0
Due to the recent update of the Google Play Development policies requirements, the mining option has been removed from the recent version of MinerGate Mobile. The new v.2.4 is designed for monitoring and managing your mining process.
You can still mine on your phones with the previous version that is available on the Download page of our website.

Activity: 182
While the cryptocurrency is not legalized, many corporations will not risk and deal with crypto.  Cry
Activity: 210
I don't think google will just ban something without them knowing the real issue. I believe , there are valid reasons why, i think because there are so many apps now that is being used to scam people so i do agree with them.
Activity: 47
Merit: 10
hmmm, that is strange, because minergate app is still available in my store. May be they prohibited that only in some local stores. In Russia it is ok. I think that what they have to do is to prohibit the apps that use secret web-mining, when users are not informed about the processes inside the app

In my store too. It is really very strange, that they are trying to prohibit it.
Activity: 756
Merit: 112
Cellphone mining apps are either a scam, are not really mining (like some altcoins that claim to be mobile-minable, but they just give pre-mined coins or tokens for you to run a "miner" while they show you adds or use your phones resources for other things) or are completely and utterly useless

Or it could even be a hack app to monitor your password or alike. I've seen someone edited the default samsung camera apk. The app now acts like the system camera but in the background it opens the camera secretly and even monitor txts and a lot more. That is why google is taking a good step here I think.
Activity: 856
Merit: 250
Just a few hours ago I downloaded one application on my phone and still a lot of programs for earning bitcoin. It is true that mining on the phone will not bring any income, the phone's power is not enough for good production. Remain applications. who just pay satoshi for the assignments. And as a rule in these applications a lot of advertising.
Activity: 1834
Merit: 759
hmmm, that is strange, because minergate app is still available in my store. May be they prohibited that only in some local stores. In Russia it is ok. I think that what they have to do is to prohibit the apps that use secret web-mining, when users are not informed about the processes inside the app

Yeah, searching for Bitcoin Miner still returns a lot of results for me too. Then again, it seems the article only says they've reached the decision to ban mining apps. It's unclear if they've already started the process, but it's clear that they're not done.

Also, before people start crucifying Google for being anti-crypto, this move is not anti-crypto. These apps are bad news; they're either malicious or don't work at all. This is for everyone's protection.
Activity: 255
Merit: 100
Activity: 420
Merit: 13
Silence
Googl has always not been friendly of cryptocurrencies in general, latest update is this: Google has placed a ban on mining apps hosted on google play store https://news.bitcoin.com/google-bans-cryptocurrency-mining-apps-from-play-store/?utm_source=Google%20Bans%20Cryptocurrency%20Mining&utm_medium=telegram&utm_campaign=Telegram%20Channel
1 thing I don't understand is how profitable are those android mining apps,  it's even difficult to make profit while using PC  💻  not to talk of android phones 📱.
Those companies that are launching these android mining apps are just deceiving their users
Yes you are right, it is hard to mine on PC what more on android phone? For sure it is not profitable enough to get all your need's in a day in just mining on android phones, those companies are just making money for their selves.
legendary
Activity: 3402
Merit: 5004
https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC
the whole article was a bit TL;DR, but i've browsed over it, and i can only say this: They should have banned those apps a long, long time ago. It seems they're not banning cloud-mining apps, which is a petty... They should have banned those to.

The performance of cellphone CPU's/GPU's is just poor (the power usage vs hashrate).

In this post: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.43133494 I calculated the YEARLY income of cpu mining bitcoin on a cellphone to be ~2 satoshi/year, so you'd have to mine for about 250.000 (twohundred and fifty thousand) years to reach the MINIMUM payout treshold most pools have implemented.

Cellphone mining apps are either a scam, are not really mining (like some altcoins that claim to be mobile-minable, but they just give pre-mined coins or tokens for you to run a "miner" while they show you adds or use your phones resources for other things) or are completely and utterly useless
Activity: 280
Merit: 28
Googl has always not been friendly of cryptocurrencies in general, latest update is this: Google has placed a ban on mining apps hosted on google play store https://news.bitcoin.com/google-bans-cryptocurrency-mining-apps-from-play-store/?utm_source=Google%20Bans%20Cryptocurrency%20Mining&utm_medium=telegram&utm_campaign=Telegram%20Channel
1 thing I don't understand is how profitable are those android mining apps,  it's even difficult to make profit while using PC  💻  not to talk of android phones 📱.
Those companies that are launching these android mining apps are just deceiving their users

I fully agree that such applications do not bring profit and very often are deceptive. I think Google was guided by the fact that recently there became more common cases of cryptojacking. A big problem is the situation where developers hide crypto software, often malicious, in other applications without notifying users. Google decided to fight this problem by ban.
Activity: 70
The new ruling is hidden amongst the July updates to Google’s Developer Policy Center, as spotted by Android Police. It can be seen as a follow-up to their previous set of restrictions, which saw all extensions associated with cryptocurrency mining removed from the Chrome Web Store.

Activity: 756
Merit: 16
We All Can Make It
Having read the article, there was no mention of any particular app banned but I hope those fake/scam apps on playstore get banned.
Most of those apps on playstore don't pay so I think this decision is not a war against cryptos but a necessary measure to save their consumers from Scam mining applications.
Activity: 728
Merit: 254
Activity: 75
Pages:
Jump to: