Pages:
Author

Topic: Google have been conspicuously quiet about Bitcoin for 6 years. What gives? - page 3. (Read 1800 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009
They are probably waiting on nation wide acceptance and regulation of Bitcoin. As for regulation, they can get a chair and wait until infinity Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071
Can we be sure that Google are not "too big to discredit"? Could Bitcoin endorsement really damage them that much?
Activity: 854
Merit: 658
rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt
For the whole time the Bitcoin network has existed, Google has never once endorsed, denigrated or even alluded to Bitcoin. Not even once.

For instance, I've increasingly been seeing .99 cent Youtube videos creep into low volume channels for several months now. And because it doesn't seem quite plausible that Google can really afford all the bandwidth they serve up on Youtube, you can see how more pay-per-view content would help them out. It's a perfect use case for bitcoin, and a move like that could send the perception of Bitcoin up in the public's estimations (and possibly alos the exchange rate, too).

Are there any other blatant opportunities to commericalise bitcoin that Google has passed up on since the network started in 2009?
I don't think it's so much a matter of whether or not it would be beneficial to them, more whether or not people that view bitcoin with a bad light would start to view Google with a bad light. True, they are a very progressive company, but it still might be too risky for them, with a lot of unknowns.
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071
For the whole time the Bitcoin network has existed, Google has never once endorsed, denigrated or even alluded to Bitcoin. Not even once.

For instance, I've increasingly been seeing .99 cent Youtube videos creep into low volume channels for several months now. And because it doesn't seem quite plausible that Google can really afford all the bandwidth they serve up on Youtube, you can see how more pay-per-view content would help them out. It's a perfect use case for bitcoin, and a move like that could send the perception of Bitcoin up in the public's estimations (and possibly alos the exchange rate, too).

Are there any other blatant opportunities to commericalise bitcoin that Google has passed up on since the network started in 2009?
Pages:
Jump to: