Pages:
Author

Topic: Google is ending its sweeping ban on cryptocurrency-related advertising. - page 6. (Read 1162 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 1
Google is ending its sweeping ban on cryptocurrency-related advertising and plans to allow regulated crypto exchanges to buy ads in the United States and Japan. The new policy starts in October.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/25/google-reverses-ban-on-cryptocurrency-exchange-advertising-in-us-japan.html

I think that this is a preparation for the reversal of the bitcoin price.

What do you think about it? What are the consequences of these changes?
It is something very good. Maybe Google has a tip on a possible ETF acceptance of Bitcoin by the SEC. I am only suggesting though. But if they accept US and Japan, then it might be allowed in other countries.
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
Fast, Smart, Trustworthy
This is good news, when the deceivers are reduced, the cryptocurrency is re-accepted by everyone. This makes people happy.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 1901
Shuffle.com
The consuqences with this google policy is more ICOs will be launch. But beside that, more people will knowing about cryptocurrency and they will getting more information about cryptocurrency. Not many people understand about cryptocurrency and they always have negative thingking about crypto. With more ads from developers team, it give them alternative investment beside knowledge on crypto
New ICOs will always pop up with or without the updated policy this is just a way for them to advertise on a different platfprm. I don't think this would encourage more ICOs because the ads only appears to US and Japan according to the article linked by the OP. Also during the ban I always see crypto related ads (ICOs, exchanges, wallets).

I agree with what the others have said. It's unlikely that Bitcoin would rise significantly after the new policy from google and if i'm wrong it's probably a coincidence.
Activity: 350
Merit: 102
This is good news. The concentration of positive news will indeed have a positive impact on the market. Although advertising will be allowed to comply with certain conditions, it is still generally a positive signal for investors.
Activity: 714
Merit: 11
BountyMarketCap
but that has not yet covered extensively. still in the American and surrounding areas, and even then for someone or company that will install crypto ads on Google is still through the verification phase of Google first. but at least that is good news and can generate investor interest in bitcoin again.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 420
www.Artemis.co
Somehow it is a bullish sign, once these ads are app Crypto awareness will bring more investments. Maybe they are also planning of jumping into crypto space thats they loosing their ties. From facebook to Google who else would like to ban Crypto once again, I think they have deep intentions in doing it.
Activity: 248
The Exchange for EOS Community
Google is ending its sweeping ban on cryptocurrency-related advertising and plans to allow regulated crypto exchanges to buy ads in the United States and Japan. The new policy starts in October.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/25/google-reverses-ban-on-cryptocurrency-exchange-advertising-in-us-japan.html

well that means google start to think that crypto are good things and blockchain is something crucial in businesses. I think soon market will started to recover and bitcoin will be 9k on this year.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
I guess they finally figured out that they can't hold or pin down cryptocurrency and it activities. Google or not, the revolution of Bitcoin will continue to upload. Probably, this news was what made the price of Bitcoin to increase cause investors are always looking for events or actions that will trigger then to put their money again in crypto cause many of them have lost faith.

Or they really see a huge potential for this market and they want to be involved with the hype as well. They have tons of money, but allowing crypto ads will give them additional revenues so I'm not surprised by the move of Google Inc to lift its ban.

Well that's something that many knew were coming ever since they started the ban. It was only a matter of time since crypto has been getting good reception from people. And more institutions who initially banned anything that's crypto related will follow suit.
Activity: 3038
Merit: 634
it was logical that cryptocurrency could not be permanently banned from advertising. perhaps this news was just a deterrent to growth
One fact and this can also be a reason that why some skeptic personalities on bitcoin are also reversing their words by buying it. I read a post here that big companies are going to start coming in soon but they don't want to inform the media.

I see positive effect with this lift for the advertisers and for google too. But with such news, I can't see effect for the market as a whole and with such news there's really no impact at all if there is then its minimal.
Activity: 2870
Merit: 594
I guess they finally figured out that they can't hold or pin down cryptocurrency and it activities. Google or not, the revolution of Bitcoin will continue to upload. Probably, this news was what made the price of Bitcoin to increase cause investors are always looking for events or actions that will trigger then to put their money again in crypto cause many of them have lost faith.

Or they really see a huge potential for this market and they want to be involved with the hype as well. They have tons of money, but allowing crypto ads will give them additional revenues so I'm not surprised by the move of Google Inc to lift its ban.
Activity: 966
Merit: 153
Activity: 1428
Merit: 251
The consuqences with this google policy is more ICOs will be launch. But beside that, more people will knowing about cryptocurrency and they will getting more information about cryptocurrency. Not many people understand about cryptocurrency and they always have negative thingking about crypto. With more ads from developers team, it give them alternative investment beside knowledge on crypto
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
it was logical that cryptocurrency could not be permanently banned from advertising. perhaps this news was just a deterrent to growth
Activity: 980
Merit: 255

I always thought that we will see a reversal of the decision because it was simply too general, I understand why a company like Google felt that they needed to do something so they could avoid that people got scammed through their announcements, it is way better to let businesses that are really regulated to advertise and to let all of those businesses that are fly by night operations to not be able to hire advertising out of them, that way they get a lot of money and almost no one gets scammed.
Activity: 448
Merit: 1
This is good news although it does not necessarily affect the increase in Bitcoin prices. but at least Google has now lifted its ban on Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency advertisements. It could be a good start, let's pray together and support this decision. Hopefully the price of Bitcoin can rise to the end of 2018.
EUM
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
In order to circumvent any prohibition, tools are created that allow it to be circumvented. Guggle realized this. And while not too late, he lifted his ban. Otherwise, Google could lose the opportunity to be the leader of the crypto market promotion.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 335
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
Google end ban on cryptocurrency ads and i think its good for new ICOs. They can introducing their project to people who dont understand about cryptocurrency and their project. Its good for cryptomarket because new investor will come
investor could be more confidence with this positive news.and there will much ico could reach their softcap or hardcap easily after they are allowed to advertised on google netwok.
Activity: 162
I understand Google and Facebook until a certain extent to ban crypto related ads as many of them are scams. All in all, it would be nice if they allowed them as credible and actually good companies would have more tools to gain awareness.
Activity: 798
Merit: 527

It is not everything that affects bitcoin growth and I feel we pay so much attention to news. Without the news, the market would have still been moving in any direction it wants at the end of the day. Nevertheless, it is a good thing that the news will change some few things based on creating awareness at the end of it all.

However, we also have to understand that, this is still going to be limited since they made it specifically clear they will mostly be dealing with regulated entities which are very reasonable as that would help clean up the space. I guess Facebook too decided to take the same turn few months back.
Activity: 840
I think the consequence of google policy is more ICOs will created by many developers team. Beside that, more people will find more information about ICOs and cryptocurrency. More people will join in cryptocurrency market
Pages:
Jump to: