Pages:
Author

Topic: Google Updates policy allowing bitcoin and crypto assets trust to be advertised. - page 2. (Read 388 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 185
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

From the 29th of January Google allowed to advertise cryptocurrency assets and Bitcoin which may help to make Crypto and bitcoin more popular and as in result adoption of cryptocurrency may increase. These kinds of news put trust in investors and they rush to invest in bitcoin as ETF also has been approved.

Cryptocurrencies and related products ....>>Here is the link where you can read the policy about the update. Must read. well before that Google never allowed advertisers to advertise  Cryptocurrency assets I think it could be a good update for the crypto space. What do you guys think about it? Must share your opinion many Thanks
I'm never surprised to see cryptocurrency asset Bitcoin being advertised on Google because Google started such ad campaigns for their own benefit. Even though Google promoted such ads for their own benefit, it will bring many benefits for Bitcoin. There are many new users or those who don't know about bitcoin yet may know about bitcoin by looking at this google and show interest to invest in bitcoin. However, overall I think the Bitcoin advertising system on Google is very good.
Activity: 2156
Merit: 251
Binance #Smart World Global Token
~snip~

Cryptocurrencies and related products ....>>Here is the link where you can read the policy about the update. Must read. well before that Google never allowed advertisers to advertise  Cryptocurrency assets I think it could be a good update for the crypto space. What do you guys think about it? Must share your opinion many Thanks

I guess Google doesn't want to miss the train too since Bitcoin ETFs already been approved and when Google started accepting Bitcoin advertising I saw some ETFs ads when I used google, it will increase their revenue in this matter. On the other hand there will be more Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency ads incoming it's not strange especially when the bull market start.
Activity: 322
Merit: 306
Farewell LEO o_e_l_e_o

As far as I remember, the big company Google has several times tightened regulations regarding advertising for all types of cryptocurrencies for the reason of preventing potential fraud and misleading promotions for all types of cryptocurrencies.

Searches for information on Google regarding crypto advertising regulations occurred before the previous year's halving. Bitcoin is the most intensively promoted by Google and now they are also prioritizing searches for Bitcoin, especially the search keyword Bitcoin spot ETF.

Google is a big company. In my opinion, the looser rules regarding Bitcoin and crypto advertising are part of their strategy to make a profit. The leeway comes ahead of the SEC approving spot ETFs.
It seems to me that that's good for them and most of the Bitcoin community doesn't really care about the regulatory changes that are often made regarding this type of Bitcoin advertising.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 6706
Proudly Cycling Merits for Foxpup
Hasn't google lifted the crypto ban on their ads couple of years ago? and from what it looks like, this policy update seems to be about "Cryptocurrency Coin Trust".
Yeah, I noticed that as well and though I haven't read through the entire document I'm surprised nobody before you has pointed that out.  Google sucks dicks, whether it comes to crypto, truth gatekeeping, or whatever else.  Whatever this new updated policy is about, I'm sure it goes against their former motto of "don't be evil".

But I'm pretty sure whatever new policy they hand out will be bypassed by scammers lol. This is why I'm honestly not really sure how much crypto ads on google help since 90% of what I encounter are cookie cutter scams.
You'd be surprised (or perhaps not) how many people fall for the most obvious scams, and with bitcoin/crypto being so speculative and red-hot, I don't doubt there are enough suckers out there who'll fall for whatever scams make it through google's net that it'll make it worthwhile for the scammers to keep trying.  They always do.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1332
Nobody cares about their update anyway. They and Facebook cause FUD some few years back by banning crypto related ads for no proper reason, yet they would still allow phishing scams and Ponzi schemes to be advertised, and now they made a U turn?
I have just one word for them, clowns! 🤡

Exactly! it's just surprising that they suddenly lifted the ban for crypto related ads when they weren't crypto friendly from the very start. Google is also smart, they are only doing this for their own benefit, especially now that they know that many people are gaining knowledge and investment holding with crypto.
one of the reasons I see why they removed the ban, maybe because of the news that ETF Approval by the SEC but, they should not be trusted with the advertisements they release because we know the history of what they did before where they spread FUD and FOMO.
Whenever we see a party making such an abrupt turn we can conclude they did it simply for the benefits they think they can obtain from changing their decision, and this is exactly what Google is doing, not that I condemn them for it, however the amount of people that get scammed will increase while they fill their pockets, making myself not very enthusiastic about this as we will get a lot of people coming to the forum to complain about it during the next months and years.
Activity: 966
Merit: 340
Nobody cares about their update anyway. They and Facebook cause FUD some few years back by banning crypto related ads for no proper reason, yet they would still allow phishing scams and Ponzi schemes to be advertised, and now they made a U turn?

Exactly! it's just surprising that they suddenly lifted the ban for crypto related ads when they weren't crypto friendly from the very start. Google is also smart, they are only doing this for their own benefit, especially now that they know that many people are gaining knowledge and investment holding with crypto.
one of the reasons I see why they removed the ban, maybe because of the news that ETF Approval by the SEC but, they should not be trusted with the advertisements they release because we know the history of what they did before where they spread FUD and FOMO.

Maybe there's something changes on their decision when Bitcoin ETF has been approve and now they don't want to be left behind and want to ride up with possible profits they can get from those company want to advertise their services using their platform.

What we can look up for them at the moment is they should know how to filter those platform or programs want to advertise so that they can avoid those scammer take advantage on situation since we know how huge the traffic could possible bring to those people and scammers would be lucky if they reach on more wider audiences. That's the reason why people should never believe what they see online since aside from what you said there are so many sketchy attempts there so we need to be aware on any possible crazy attempts to happen.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 6660
bitcoincleanup.com / bitmixlist.org
Am I the only one who feels that allowing advertisements will promote fraud, since most cryptocurrency projects are high-risk investments and involve fraud, especially with Google’s policy of tracking fraudulent projects and slow closing or deleting them?

Youtube already does this at scale; they don't care at all. They will show you an advertisement of some fake Elon Musk launch and have a link and QR code that takes you to a scam website which embodies a classical doubler scam.

I'm still annoyed at Facebook for actually running a legit Bitcoin doubler, because now people think that these things are ok.
Activity: 378
Merit: 12
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
The popularity of bitcoin ETFs increased after they were approved. The good news is that google is spreading its projects to everyone through advertising and people will know more about bitcoin. Demand from many investors will increase. But be careful advertisements do not always provide accurate information and tend to be scams.
Activity: 966
Merit: 276

Activity: 910
Merit: 875
Not Your Keys, Not Your Bitcoin
From the 29th of January Google allowed to advertise cryptocurrency assets and Bitcoin which may help to make Crypto and bitcoin more popular and as in result adoption of cryptocurrency may increase. These kinds of news put trust in investors and they rush to invest in bitcoin as ETF also has been approved.

I saw this yesterday on Watcher Guru website. I wasn't surprised but I pick some bullet from the article that was posted and I just think that Google is full of shit and are ready to bend rules for you from their policy if you have big money they can't turned down.

For years, Google policy has never been crypto friendly with advertisement of projects, anything related to crypto or bitcoin but where the first person to bend rules for Blackrock. To think that they are ready to accept Bitcoin ETF adverts but can't do a simple, non harmful adverts for Bitcoin even when some people where are ready back then to promote Bitcoin.

Now what? Blackrock has given them what they need and are ready to make out rich for people that want ETF, they wouldn't channel the advert to people who don't understand bitcoin, it's going to be back to personalize people that discuss about bitcoin everyday and why should I buy one when I know it's easy and safer to buy real Bitcoin to my wallet. Don't trust these guys.
Activity: 154
Merit: 43
Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
I think we could see some negative aspect too, this means more fraudulent projects would advertise to a wider range of people and many I'll informed persons would fall for more scams this year. 🤷‍♂️👺🙆

I also feel Blackrock has a hand in this, You know they own some shares in Google too, who knows if this makes any sense 🤔
Activity: 1064
Merit: 158
Google giving the green light to advertise crypto stuff, including Bitcoin, is pretty cool. It means more projects can reach a bigger audience. And with Bitcoin ETFs getting the nod, it might bring in more traditional investors, making the whole crypto scene even more interesting. Exciting times ahead more opportunities with bitcoin
Activity: 322
Merit: 178
Am I the only one who feels that allowing advertisements will promote fraud, since most cryptocurrency projects are high-risk investments and involve fraud, especially with Google’s policy of tracking fraudulent projects and slow closing or deleting them?

Yes dear you raised a very good point here this will help Scamer to promote their shit projects and on the other hand, google never allowed Cryptocurrency to be advertised but the question is why Google is allowing to advertise bitcoin/cryptocurrency at this time? Well, I think Google is playing too smartly because it is so obvious Google also has an advantage of it when users run advertisements for Crytp products. So, when they notice the involvement of big institutions in Bitcoin like Blackrock approval for Bitcoin ETF they rush to allow user to run ads for crypto products so that they can have more advantages of it. The point is that the involvement of big institutions puts interest in investors to invest through ETF.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 3612
Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
The reason why they banned it years ago was due to too much fraud. It was mostly ICOs which were all scams. Or it was some phishing sites like a fake coinbase or Gemini website which looked like the real one. They didn’t want to deal with it, so they just banned them off.

The etfs will be fine but it’s the other products which can become scams and they might change this decision again in the future. Look at twitter.  Nothing but scam phishing ads there all day with fake airdrops just to get you to connect your Metamask and steal your funds.
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1854
🙏🏼Padayon...🙏
This is good news, of course, but not a big deal. In the first place, it isn't really Bitcoin that will be advertised. It's platforms of all kinds that are trying to make money out of Bitcoin's popularity. Rather than Bitcoin itself, the ones that would buy ads are actually centralized services, many of which might not even share Bitcoin's philosophy. And worse, many of which might even just be phishing sites and other scams. Google, after all, isn't that strict in screening ads.
Activity: 2464
Merit: 644

I have been seeing Crypto related google adsense ads in so many websites for a long time now. Google had lifted its restriction on crypto-related ads long time ago. this is just an update about what kind of crypto-related services are allowe to promote and what are not.
if you read further you'll understand what it says:
Here is a Peace:
Due to the complex and evolving nature of regulations related to cryptocurrencies and related products and services, we only allow them to be advertised without written permission in limited circumstances.

Activity: 1442
Merit: 390
Google knows what they are doing when they openly allowed cryptocurrencies and related services to be advertised on their platform. Since the floodgates of ETFs were opened just a few weeks ago, they don't want to miss on the profits that these giants may give them through buying ad spaces on their search engine. It's a no brainer for them to allow these and scrap their old policy for money. As a giant advertising service, who wouldn't want to tap on that potential profits?  Grin
I like to think that they want to do that for a long time because they've been on the Internet for a long time and that they probably want to make more avenues of getting paid through advertisements and crypto not being allowed is a missed opportunity for them and now it's not anymore so they're probably going to make more money than ever before which is a nice thing to happen and it's a good thing for us bitcoiners because we're going to see more people getting into bitcoin.
Activity: 406
Merit: 443

Hasn't google lifted the crypto ban on their ads couple of years ago? and from what it looks like, this policy update seems to be about "Cryptocurrency Coin Trust".

I also thought so. Advertisements have been allowed since 2021. Google lifts crypto advertising ban since that time, but reading the details of that news, the permission is related to the United States.

In a long-awaited reversal of a 2018 policy decision, Google will allow crypto exchanges and wallets to advertise on its platform in the U.S. But not everyone’s happy.

https://forkast.news/google-lifts-crypto-advertising-ban/

I see Crypto ads in search results even though my IP address is not in the United States, so the ban may be lifted gradually and now globally.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1011
Be A Digital Miner

Veteran investors will not be interested in this news, but newbies who have never trusted cryptocurrencies will be attracted. We should not deny that Google search is widely used on all devices today. So this will have a big impact on attracting new investors into the market. But everything has advantages and disadvantages, it will be difficult for us to avoid fraudulent projects that will also be advertised.

They are clowns or ridiculous people, whatever we call them. But what they will gain is profit and that is their main purpose because they are doing business, they are serving their own interests.
Pages:
Jump to: