Pages:
Author

Topic: GOP House Majority Leader Eric Cantor Goes Down Hard Tonight!! - page 2. (Read 2477 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Jeb Hensarling (R-TX) is likley to be elected as the next GOP House Majority Leader. Michele Bachmann is also a possibility, but right now it looks like she is lacking enough support.

michelle bachman doesn't seem to be popular at all. in 2012 she barely won the race for the house seat in minnesota, even though she had a record-breaking $20 million vs. something like $1 against her competitor. all the crazy shit she has said and done in the past has caught up to her. she may be the craziest republican candidate to date.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
Jeb Hensarling (R-TX) is likley to be elected as the next GOP House Majority Leader. Michele Bachmann is also a possibility, but right now it looks like she is lacking enough support.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001
^Yeah but when you got the likes of Rep Peter King the neocon freaking out about adding another Paul sympathizer into the House and beating one of their Aces, it's a great thing. Major bragging rights plus it helps similar minded other candidates running in their races and giving them a leg up against establishment candidates.

but how do you feel about the tea party candidates? what if they pull off another fiscal cliff, and are successful the next time? it would cause disaster, but maybe we need something like that to shake shit up. i don't think i could back a tea party candidate though, most of them sound too crazy.
Some Tea Party people do come off a little out of sorts when they go down the rabbit hole and bring too much abortion or religious mumbo jumbo into the public sphere which allows the mainstream news to bombard them with demagoguery and make them look stupid. Americans are ready to curtail ridiculous spending imo but don't come off looking like some puritan and destroy your credibility. That said, I'd back a Tea Party oriented candidate any day over the establishment and likely incumbent. As long as we keep picking these insiders off here and there, other politicians will see the writing on the wall and assimilate to what the base wants. Key point, the leadership's lieutenant just got slayed and now the establishment and their Chamber of Commerce backers have balked any further talk of ramming through this phony immigration reform that was merely a front for not sealing the border yet giving citizenship to foreigners which would sink the GOP forever. It's like the republican establishment is telling us how it is: they aren't conservative in the least and actually agree more w/ the liberal democrats than w/ their base so they were offering the dems the opportunity of a lifetime to get more voters so the GOP wouldn't even be a factor anymore. I firmly believe some sort of Divine Providence was in play on this one. No joke.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386
I don't think i could back a tea party candidate though, most of them sound too crazy.

They definitely don't sound crazy when they talk about big government spending, taxes, and immigration. If there is no tea party, then there will be no difference between the Democrats and the Republicans.

The fact that they SOUND CRAZY is related to the fact that they want to discuss crazy stuff which is destroying the country.

That is different than them being crazy.  It means Washington D.C. (District of Criminals) is crazy.
legendary
and apparently cantor had $5 million against his challenger's $100k to spend on the campaign.. funny how having 50x the amount he has doesn't guarantee a win.

Nowadays, with the penetration of the social media, having millions of USD in your campaign funds won't guarantee you anything. The grass-roots Republicans were extremely hostile to Cantor, on the issue of immigration. They used social media to spread their message, which Cantor tried to counter-attack by splashing his TV ads 100 times a day in all the major channels.
I don't think i could back a tea party candidate though, most of them sound too crazy.

They definitely don't sound crazy when they talk about big government spending, taxes, and immigration. If there is no tea party, then there will be no difference between the Democrats and the Republicans.

they sound crazy when they say crazy shit, as mentioned in the other thread. i don't know how you can defend a "grassroots" party that was funded by the koch brothers.

and apparently cantor had $5 million against his challenger's $100k to spend on the campaign.. funny how having 50x the amount he has doesn't guarantee a win.
legendary

^Yeah but when you got the likes of Rep Peter King the neocon freaking out about adding another Paul sympathizer into the House and beating one of their Aces, it's a great thing. Major bragging rights plus it helps similar minded other candidates running in their races and giving them a leg up against establishment candidates.

but how do you feel about the tea party candidates? what if they pull off another fiscal cliff, and are successful the next time? it would cause disaster, but maybe we need something like that to shake shit up. i don't think i could back a tea party candidate though, most of them sound too crazy.
legendary
More Facts About The Tea-Party's "Goliath-Slayer" David Brat
Slowly but surely, more is being revealed about Eric Cantor's unknown until now (so unknown that his Wikipedia entry was only two sentences before Tuesday night) nemesis, the anti-big business, anti-Wall Street, anti establishment "Goliath-slayer" David Brat. In addition to our profile from this morning, here is the latest compilation of biographical factoids about the suddenly uber-famous tea party activist, who has written about the role of religion in economic growth. He is also a fan of the pro-capitalist novelist Ayn Rand. Here are some facts about Brat from Reuters.
Cont...http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-06-11/more-facts-about-tea-partys-goliath-slayer-david-brat
Check the article out, this guy is truly a dream boat. Grin Figured I'd mix in a little lingo from Marty's mom in Back to the Future.
legendary
ha, part of me thinks this whole game is interesting.. and another part of me thinks that it doesn't even matter what happens, we're still all fucked basically the same we were even if cantor weren't unseated.

it's kind of like taking down a drug cartel boss, only to have another one pop up. same bloodshed, same sadistic wacko.
legendary
The news coming out is that Cantor is resigning his #2 position in leadership and there will be a new person getting voted in. The fact that this was seen as a referendum on amnesty and key neocons are freaking out about the "direction" of the party means Cantor is likely done. He won't go for a double embarrassment, he'll just get a lobbying spot and make a lot more money. He did his job for the insider establishment, played nice w/ Obama, raised some money and now gets to move on.
legendary
This is clearly bad news for the Republicans.  Cantor was a major leader and had some intellectual heft (fairly or no) for them.  If he runs as a write in there is a good chance he'll split the Republican vote and allow the Democrat candidate to win.  Bad night for the Republican establishment.

May be there is a chance for this. But if he runs in as a write-in candidate, he will get votes in equal amounts from both the Democrats and the Republicans. RINO politicians tend to get massive support from the Democrat-leaning population, once they are kicked out of the GOP. I have already given the example of Florida 2010.

Remember what happened when the RINO Charlie Crist decided to run as an independent. The GOP lost less than 1% of the votes (50% in 2004 to 49% in 2010), while the Democrats lost a whooping 28% of their vote. Crist got 30% of the vote in total, and a very large majority of those who voted for him were Democrats. 
legendary
Too early to celebrate. I heard that Cantor is considering to contest the election as a write-in candidate. Considering that the constituency is heavily Republican, he may get the Democrat support. A repetition of the 2010 Alaska senate election? For sure, Cantor has the resources and funds to do the bogus voting and vote rigging.

That could be very risky.

Although GOP is expected (IMO) to gain seats in the house it is generally not good to risk any seats to the other party.

Having two republicans run against each other greatly increases the chances of a Democrat winning the seat.

you know, the funny thing is that republicans get the lower amount of votes, but end up winning more seats due to gerrymandering.

http://library.cqpress.com/elections/document.php?id=rcookltr-1527-84193-2523552

democrats aren't as organized or vicious as republicans, hence them being mocked as pussies.

You obviously don't live in a heavily unionized state or are simply not paying attention.

oh please. i'm talking about the politicians and the wealthy billionaires who pay them to make certain laws. labor unions do buy off politicians too, but not even close to the impact of the koch brothers, roger ailes, rupbert murdoch, and george soros. it makes sense you're from texas though.

unions don't have nearly enough money to bribe the politicians too.
Heavy Hitters: Top All-Time Donors, 1989-2014
https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/list.php
^They're the guys that are the known political donation watch dog group. You'll find everything you'll need to form an honest and informed opinion after scanning it. Koch bros are usually associated w/ giving money to tea party or liberty movement candidates, Ailes and Murdoch are typically mainstream establishment donors and Soros is a raging leftist donor. That said, the unions' donations reign supreme. Let's face it whenever any of these unions are given a govt contract to fix roads or whatever a certain percentage of that money (our taxpayer money) is rerouted in the form of union dues back to democratic candidates.
Too early to celebrate. I heard that Cantor is considering to contest the election as a write-in candidate. Considering that the constituency is heavily Republican, he may get the Democrat support. A repetition of the 2010 Alaska senate election? For sure, Cantor has the resources and funds to do the bogus voting and vote rigging.

Although GOP is expected (IMO) to gain seats in the house it is generally not good to risk any seats to the other party.

Having two republicans run against each other greatly increases the chances of a Democrat winning the seat.

you know, the funny thing is that republicans get the lower amount of votes, but end up winning more seats due to gerrymandering.

http://library.cqpress.com/elections/document.php?id=rcookltr-1527-84193-2523552

democrats aren't as organized or vicious as republicans, hence them being mocked as pussies.

You obviously don't live in a heavily unionized state or are simply not paying attention.

oh please. i'm talking about the politicians and the wealthy billionaires who pay them to make certain laws. labor unions do buy off politicians too, but not even close to the impact of the koch brothers, roger ailes, rupbert murdoch, and george soros. it makes sense you're from texas though.

unions don't have nearly enough money to bribe the politicians too.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
This is clearly bad news for the Republicans.  Cantor was a major leader and had some intellectual heft (fairly or no) for them.  If he runs as a write in there is a good chance he'll split the Republican vote and allow the Democrat candidate to win.  Bad night for the Republican establishment.
Activity: 406

Just another brainwashed Democrat supporter who parrots the same argument again and again. If the Republicans are accused of gerrymandering, then the Democrats are accused of vote rigging and bogus voting. The United States Senate election in Minnesota (2008) is still fresh in my mind. Even after extensive bogus voting (Democrat inner city precincts reported close to 100% polling), Franken was unable to win. Then lost ballots were discovered from various places, and the process went on until Franken's count was higher than that of Coleman.

I remember that well. If anything republicans are too nice when that kind of shit happens. I was not a big fan of Mitt Romney but when Philadelphia precincts were reporting 100% turnout with 100% of the vote for Obama I kind of hoped he would ask for an explanation at the very least.
legendary

Just another brainwashed Democrat supporter who parrots the same argument again and again. If the Republicans are accused of gerrymandering, then the Democrats are accused of vote rigging and bogus voting. The United States Senate election in Minnesota (2008) is still fresh in my mind. Even after extensive bogus voting (Democrat inner city precincts reported close to 100% polling), Franken was unable to win. Then lost ballots were discovered from various places, and the process went on until Franken's count was higher than that of Coleman.
Activity: 266

GOP is able to garrymander due to control of Govonorships and state legislatures.

it would be nice if the lawmakers weren't the ones making the rules imposed on them. fucking ridiculous how they are so willing to cut everyone else's budgets but their own. many people have suggested that they be paid based on results, but they won't budge. that's like writing someone a blank check.

If they were paid based on results then they would have an incentive to vote for things that they don't think is best for their constituents.
Activity: 406

Pages:
Jump to: