Pages:
Author

Topic: Got an Avalon today.....don't know what to do!!!! (how to set it up) - page 2. (Read 4053 times)

Activity: 101
Merit: 10
Were you able to connect to the network via wifi? You should be able to maintain an ethernet connection to your laptop at the same time as Wifi. At that point, you can jot down the wifi IP address, unplug your ethernet cable and you are good to go. If you prefer to use ethernet, logon via wifi and setup ethernet interface to use DHCP.

sorry to be so ignorant....but, could you tell me how to do that?

I'm not using a laptop, it's a PC and I don't have wifi on my PC, everything goes through the router.

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
if you changed the ip address to a different subnet, ie, a different # other than zero in 192.168.0.100, then your laptop will expectedly not be able to see the avalon once changed.
legendary
Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007
Were you able to connect to the network via wifi? You should be able to maintain an ethernet connection to your laptop at the same time as Wifi. At that point, you can jot down the wifi IP address, unplug your ethernet cable and you are good to go. If you prefer to use ethernet, logon via wifi and setup ethernet interface to use DHCP.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Swiss Money all around me!
Windows?
Open cmd and write "ipconfig"
Is your network interface setup for DHCP or Static? If it is setup for DHCP then you have a problem with your home wireless router.

It's DHCP.  But I connected everything by LAN.  doesn't work that way?
Activity: 407
Merit: 255
Is your network interface setup for DHCP or Static? If it is setup for DHCP then you have a problem with your home wireless router.
Activity: 66

I got my Avalon batch 2 today and I thought it'd be plug&play, but it is not Sad   and I can't set it up right!

No worries. I'll buy it. 100BTC
Hey there,

I got my Avalon batch 2 today and I thought it'd be plug&play, but it is not Sad   and I can't set it up right!

I read the posts, the wiki, and everything I could find on the internet............and I still can't configure it.

what should I do?  I had an avalon for 24h just laying there doing nothing  Shocked Shocked

I did this:
  • Connect your laptop to the eithernet port of the Avalon
    Setup your laptop IP address 192.168.0.101
    Open http://192.168.0.100
    Make sure WR703N can access Internet, Configure WiFi: Network -> WIFI -> Scan(select your WIFI network) -> Join Network -> WPA passphrase -> Submit -> Save & Apply for connect to WIFI Internet
    setup your mining worker: Status -> Cgminer Configuration.
    Stop then Start the cgminer service (Restart not working. it's a known bug): System -> Startup,
    Check your avalon status: Status -> Cgminer Status
    Setup password/using ssh
    ssh [email protected] #

but when I change the IP, I lose my internet connection.

I usually use GUIMiner, but it doens't recognize the avalon. Tried Bitminter.....nothing, it doesn't get the avalon either.

Please, please, what should I do to make it mine?   what is the easiest, simplest, way to configure it? Huh

thank you so much!!
B.

Pages:
Jump to: