Pages:
Author

Topic: Got friends in Berlin? Remote invite them on friday for dinner and drinks! - page 2. (Read 4002 times)

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1016
Strength in numbers
So... probably not reasonable for me to fly in, but damn I would love to.
Activity: 359
Merit: 250
Hi there!

This is ROOM77 in Berlin, the restaurant at the end of capitalism Smiley. You may have heard of us.

On Bitcoin Friday we will actually do much more than just offer discounts (23%) and free drinks (Pampero shots) to anyone paying in Bitcoin.

We have invited anyone being curious and interested about Bitcoin (consumers as well as merchants) to a day and night where they can meet experts from the Berliner Bitcoin Stammtisch and CECG to have Bitcoin explained, questions answered, get help installing software, actually buy Bitcoin and spend them again saving money. Well, to EXPERIENCE Bitcoin. This will be pretty big as after 1.5 years or so having Bitcoin here, people in the neighbourhood are pretty aware of it.

On the same day we will announce the (at least) 3 more places in the neighbourhood that start accepting BTC too on this very day, this being a major step towards the world's first Bitcoin-Kiez ('Bitcoin-Neighbourhood') and implementing it as an 'alternative local currency with global reach'.

Here's what I suggest to anyone outside of Berlin who would like to support this:

if you know someone in Berlin who you would like to invite for dinner (yes we supposedly make Berlin's best burgers according to restaurant critics but also serve other homemade Texan food) or drinks (beers, spirits, cocktails), just do so remotely!

Send them here and tell them to eat and drink and you pay their bill remotely from wherever you are!

This is not meant to make us profit (we grant 23% discount on bills paid in BTC that day plus getting drunk on Pampero rum if they want to for free) but to promote Bitcoin. You can make your friends aware of the new currency and remotely paid bills are always a nice way to give people a convincing experience with Bitcoin.

If you want to do so pls message me here or mail me on joerg at room77.de and let me know who you are sending over and I will make sure they will get a nice treatment. We are very well known in the community and a lot of people here will confirm to you that hardly anyone walks out of our bar without a smile on their face Smiley.

To blockchain eternity and beyond!

Joe

Detailed thread in German to be found here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1321222

Our address here: www.room77.de

Pages:
Jump to: