Pages:
Author

Topic: Got scammed :( - page 2. (Read 2375 times)

legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062
One coin to rule them all
August 05, 2014, 04:49:50 PM
OT:
Since this is under "Scam Accusations" who is it that scammed you? It would be nice to know what guy to avoid, even though it was on a "secret forum".
legendary
August 05, 2014, 04:48:42 PM
cheap lesson. I got scammed a couple years ago, I "purchased" 10 tablets for what was then 900 us dollars, but btc was 7 bucks, so while I only lost 900dollars then, if you put it in todays dollars its 76k dollar lesson.. It sucks to get scammed, but it was a very cheap lesson, use an escrow next time...

Interesting story... many believe that early adopters are all rich today. But what gives bitcoins value for me is that you can spend them, I can buy merchandise around the world with them. So if you have/had many bitcoins, then are you likely to spend some.

The true winners are those who are early adopters AND and went away from the community and forgot all about their wallets, and then retrieved the bitcoins much later.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
August 05, 2014, 03:01:21 PM
cheap lesson. I got scammed a couple years ago, I "purchased" 10 tablets for what was then 900 us dollars, but btc was 7 bucks, so while I only lost 900dollars then, if you put it in todays dollars its 76k dollar lesson.. It sucks to get scammed, but it was a very cheap lesson, use an escrow next time...
legendary
August 05, 2014, 02:45:53 PM
"It was a great deal and i couldnt resist"

that was the alarm bell.

but dont look back, learn from that lesson!
75 bucks are maybe much money for you now but when you get older its not that much.

when you learned your lession, 75 bucks are pretty cheap  Wink !

Absolutely, $75 is a really really cheap lesson in the world of scam.

You might avoid a e.g. $1000 scam later in your life, because of this "investment".

I trade both with and without escrow, and sometimes I even use escrow with people that have good rep.
It is nothing personal, its business.  
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
MTA, ACA
August 05, 2014, 10:23:40 AM
Dont know if this is the right section but anyways...

So im a 16 year old right? Im big into technology, Microsoft and adobe certified, the whole thing. So no surprise that i like phones. I got an iphone like a year ago... terrible desicion. I liked it at first but it was just like everyone else and it was boring and stuff haha. So i sold the gpu out of my PC to buy a lumia 920 which i have been using for the past 6 months or so. I loved it and still do, windows phone is great! But now i really wanted ti try android out again (previously i got a moto g sent to me from a company to review on my youtube channe but had to send it back after 2 weeks). I really liked it so i decided i spend my BTC on getting something decent. Im a member of another forum (not gonna say the name). Anyway someone was selling a Moto X for $75. It was a great deal and i couldnt resist. Of course i looked and the guy had positive rep. He was pretty trusted. With my luck he ends up scamming me and another person and got banned from that forum. So now i lost $75, which is kinda a big deal for someone like me. Dont really have that much money or bitcoin and that was a large chunk of my remaining BTC. but i just couldnt resist. Pretty upset because i was really looking forward to getting a nice android phone to use! Either way i bought an amazon gift card with gyft with my BTC and that how i payed him since i dont have paypal. Long story short the dude stopped answering skype and now im pissed. This was my first time getting scammed  Cry Dont wanna come off as beggar but if anyone could help cut my losses i would seriously seriously appreciate it. I could even do some work for you if someone would pay me back the BTC i lost. Like i said im very good with computers so let me know. Just wanted to share. Thanks

Why did you not use escrow? I know it sounds like a cliche, but seriously, why run the risk? With bitcoin has escrow never been more easy.

yeah i should have! but the guy had very positive rep, and plenty of people vouched him legit! Didnt think i would need to worry about anything!
legendary
August 05, 2014, 07:54:06 AM

So im a 16 year old right? Im big into technology, Microsoft and adobe certified, the whole thing. So no surprise that i like phones. I got an iphone like a year ago... terrible desicion. I liked it at first but it was just like everyone else and it was boring and stuff haha. So i sold the gpu out of my PC to buy a lumia 920 which i have been using for the past 6 months or so. I loved it and still do, windows phone is great! But now i really wanted ti try android out again (previously i got a moto g sent to me from a company to review on my youtube channe but had to send it back after 2 weeks). I really liked it so i decided i spend my BTC on getting something decent. Im a member of another forum (not gonna say the name). Anyway someone was selling a Moto X for $75. It was a great deal and i couldnt resist. Of course i looked and the guy had positive rep. He was pretty trusted. With my luck he ends up scamming me and another person and got banned from that forum. So now i lost $75, which is kinda a big deal for someone like me. Dont really have that much money or bitcoin and that was a large chunk of my remaining BTC. but i just couldnt resist. Pretty upset because i was really looking forward to getting a nice android phone to use! Either way i bought an amazon gift card with gyft with my BTC and that how i payed him since i dont have paypal. Long story short the dude stopped answering skype and now im pissed. This was my first time getting scammed  Cry Dont wanna come off as beggar but if anyone could help cut my losses i would seriously seriously appreciate it. I could even do some work for you if someone would pay me back the BTC i lost. Like i said im very good with computers so let me know. Just wanted to share. Thanks

Why did you not use escrow? I know it sounds like a cliche, but seriously, why run the risk? With bitcoin has escrow never been more easy.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1014
In Satoshi I Trust
August 05, 2014, 07:49:59 AM
"It was a great deal and i couldnt resist"

that was the alarm bell.

but dont look back, learn from that lesson!
75 bucks are maybe much money for you now but when you get older its not that much.

when you learned your lession, 75 bucks are pretty cheap  Wink !
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
August 05, 2014, 07:47:12 AM

Let me guess it was a carding forum right Wink all this forums are fakes and scams
Activity: 406
August 05, 2014, 07:27:28 AM
I am so sorry to hear about this. It's awful to get scammed especially if you do not have much in the first place. Best way to look at this is to not trust everyone especially if they have a good rep, sometimes reps can be faked just to make them look good. It may take some time but I know you will get this money back eventually it's a shame you had to lose it in the first place. I would stick to legit genuine sites for any other purchases.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
August 04, 2014, 10:00:26 PM
my guess just dont believe for everone who ever know before.
but sorry about yous loss . you will get back later.
Activity: 336
MTA, ACA
August 04, 2014, 09:37:17 PM

Pages:
Jump to: