Pages:
Author

Topic: Government Attitudes in Latin America - page 2. (Read 337 times)

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355
October 19, 2019, 08:35:09 AM
Latin America seems like ground zero for adoption but some governments are starting to take a hostile attitude towards private issuance of money. This article touches on some of it https://medium.com/altcoin-magazine/dows-panel-explores-different-perspectives-on-blockchain-and-cryptocurrencies-5475ce187312

As what I understand, decentralization has become a buzzword for many and tied to this is the use of the blockchain technology. I am sure that there is an increasing interest with the blockchain that even governments who are uneasy with Bitcoin are getting into the frenzy. Now, certainly, decentralization and blockchain will not save us from the host of problems we are into but certainly they can contribute a lot. The blockchain technology holds a lot of potential in innovating many industries and even governments themselves can derive some benefits from.

I checked the link and I cannot find the statement that the government takes a hostile attitude towards issuance of money. But the article mentioned about the debate on cryptocurrency and blockchain. It was mentioned that blockchain was more than just bitcoin uses. Also it was mentioned the possibility of creating a state-sponsored cryptocurrency and creating some policies to regulate cryptocurrency. In my opinion there are diverse idea in Latin America but at least there is a good chance that cryptocurrency may be adopted in that area.

I am sure it is an assumption that many governments will certainly not look at Bitcoin or cryptocurrency with kind eyes as these are supposedly big disruptor mainly with money, banking and finance and they can be afraid that their economy can be affected. Latin American countries for sure can be a huge market for cryptocurrency and we are already seeing some good developments on this respect so much so that state-issued cryptocurrencies can be a trend to watch on this region.

Activity: 644
Merit: 264
Aurox
October 19, 2019, 08:04:34 AM
I checked the link and I cannot find the statement that the government takes a hostile attitude towards issuance of money. But the article mentioned about the debate on cryptocurrency and blockchain. It was mentioned that blockchain was more than just bitcoin uses. Also it was mentioned the possibility of creating a state-sponsored cryptocurrency and creating some policies to regulate cryptocurrency. In my opinion there are diverse idea in Latin America but at least there is a good chance that cryptocurrency may be adopted in that area.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
October 19, 2019, 07:53:34 AM
Latin America seems like ground zero for adoption but some governments are starting to take a hostile attitude towards private issuance of money. This article touches on some of it https://medium.com/altcoin-magazine/dows-panel-explores-different-perspectives-on-blockchain-and-cryptocurrencies-5475ce187312
Pages:
Jump to: