Pages:
Author

Topic: Government confiscation - page 5. (Read 6742 times)

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010
https://www.bitcoin.com/
December 15, 2014, 12:53:46 AM
Keeping some of your coins in coinbase vault is a good idea if your not 100% sure about your offline storage solution, they should be safe from hackers there but government is another thing.
Have a look at something like Ledger or Trezor wallets.
Always a good idea to spread your BTC savings about a bit.
I always keep 70% cold storage, 20% Coinbase, 10% hot wallet or similar.

legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030
Twitter @realmicroguy
December 15, 2014, 12:36:55 AM
I keep about 80% of my bitcoins in my Coinbase (US company) online vault, and about 20% online in my BTC-E (foreign company) account.  I always have a teeny tiny worry in the back of mind that I'll wake up one day and the headlines will read "US Government bans Bitcoin, freezes all Bitcoin assets" and I will be unable to access my Coinbase coins.  Am I paranoid?

Yes. I think you might have a tinge of paranoia.

In reality, the bitcoin "caretakers" have all been co-opted by the establishment, and are now, for the most part, under its control. Thus, there would be no reason for the US Government to ban the currency.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Hodl!
December 15, 2014, 12:27:53 AM
Paranoid is the new sensible Cheesy

But seriously, given exchange and wallet failures over last 2 or 3 years, ANY site seems to have about a 10% risk of getting fucked, whether by mismanagement, incompetence, hackers, regulation, just plain scamming or whatever.

So yeah, wouldn't leave coin on any of them.
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
December 15, 2014, 12:22:57 AM
I keep about 80% of my bitcoins in my Coinbase (US company) online vault, and about 20% online in my BTC-E (foreign company) account.  I always have a teeny tiny worry in the back of mind that I'll wake up one day and the headlines will read "US Government bans Bitcoin, freezes all Bitcoin assets" and I will be unable to access my Coinbase coins.  Am I paranoid?
Pages:
Jump to: