Pages:
Author

Topic: Government Controls Crypto? - page 7. (Read 895 times)

mk4
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 3817
🪸 NotYourKeys.org 🪸
April 16, 2021, 10:47:16 PM
CryptoBitcoin is decentralized. The network itself is, but most of the on-ramps like exchanges aren't. There's a significant difference there. And yes, the government can surely outlaw the buying/selling of bitcoin/crypto, but they can't "ban" it. The same reason how certain drugs are illegal but people still buy/sell/use them. And knowing that bitcoin transactions are conducted 100% online, it will be far easier to use it(compared to buying/selling drugs) even if it was illegal.
Activity: 31
Merit: 1
April 16, 2021, 10:43:07 PM
Ok so there are people who say that crypto is decentralized and cannot be controlled by the government. How can this be true when the government can shut down the companies where you are able to buy, sell, or send crypto? What do you guys think? Do you all think that crypto is truly decentralized and cannot be controlled by the government or can they?

No government can stop me from buying, selling, sending or receiving crypto. The worst they can do is to make it illegal.

I guess so, just like nobody can stop you from creating a business selling cocaine, can that be called decentralized?  👀😀
legendary
Activity: 4298
Merit: 3209
April 16, 2021, 10:38:20 PM
Ok so there are people who say that crypto is decentralized and cannot be controlled by the government. How can this be true when the government can shut down the companies where you are able to buy, sell, or send crypto? What do you guys think? Do you all think that crypto is truly decentralized and cannot be controlled by the government or can they?

No government can stop me from buying, selling, sending or receiving crypto. The worst they can do is to make it illegal.
Activity: 31
Merit: 1
April 16, 2021, 10:32:57 PM
Ok so there are people who say that crypto is decentralized and cannot be controlled by the government. How can this be true when the government can shut down the companies or networks where you are able to buy, sell, or send crypto? What do you guys think? Do you all think that crypto is truly decentralized and cannot be controlled by the government or can they? Maybe not directly but indirectly controlled?
Pages:
Jump to: