Pages:
Author

Topic: Government demanding from Binance the lists of its Nigerian users - page 4. (Read 1298 times)

legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1224
'Life's but a walking shadow'!
The detained Binance officials were taken to high court today and the court extended the detaining to another two weeks. And names of these detainees are: Tigran Gambaryan from U.S and Nadeem Anjarwalla feom British. https://saharareporters.com/2024/03/21/detained-binance-executives-appear-nigerian-high-court-remain-detention-two-weeks
You do well to post this link, i actually thought that the detained Binance officials have been released from detention, but i was wrong as they are still being detained in Nigeria. Having said that, e be like say i sabi wetin our government wan do, they are holding this officials in a bid to "force" Binance to send them the names of all Nigerians trading in their platform and i think they would continue extending this detention period until they get that information.

Yesterday Naija been publish names of companies and people suspected to be sponsoring terrorism in Nigeria: https://www.legit.ng/business-economy/money/1584458-full-list-bureau-de-change-operators-named-sponsoring-terrorism-nigeria/
If the government believe such people launder money and fund terrorism using Binance, then these evidences should be presented to the exchange platform, and if these people have accounts on Binance, then further investigation and information can be gotten from there, but what i disagree with is a request of ALL Nigerian traders on their platform.
Activity: 602
Merit: 442
I buy all valid country Gift cards swiftly.
The federal government are demanding to see a list of Binance Nigerian users since the exchange inception, a person familiar with the matter said.

If Binance bends to the government and submit a list of its users, it will further reduce the trust that other people in other countries who use their services have for the company. They will loose many customers.
This is one of the major attacks I’ve seen on an exchange so far and I don’t know if the major reason is solely because of naira to dollar price speculations but I do think, the actions are harsh and I also agree with you that, if binance dares to submit to the demands of the federal government, then it will a major setback for them, not just in Nigeria but around the world as trust will be lost and other users from other countries might think that, their safety isn’t guaranteed and it will cause many users from around the world to refrain from using their platform which you’ll agree that’s a major setback for the company.

I really don’t know why Nigeria government are already fighting wrong battles , I think they need to sit up and do what’s right and not going after the wrong things and I think the supposed online price is already stabilizing with cbn price and it’s still not getting any better .
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 4795
The Headline I meant today
click the link below and see the full tori. Will Binance provide this information to the government and it agencies?

Court Orders Binance to Hand Over 'Comprehensive' User Data to Nigerian Authorities
The high court of Nigeria e don order Binance to comprehensively provide the users of it exchange to Economic and Financial Crime Commission (EFCC) with immediate effect. Now my question is why to the EFCC? According to the news, it is because of the price manipulation that EFCC is coming into the matter. Well if dem no use hunt any user of the exchange and it is pure for the reduction of the dollar and increase of naira fight then no problem.
We have talked about this and you can read some replies after I posted it.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.63824366

EFCC will use it to look for money laundering, terrorism financing and other illegal money transactions. That is the work of EFCC.

The detained Binance officials were taken to high court today and the court extended the detaining to another two weeks. And names of these detainees are: Tigran Gambaryan from U.S and Nadeem Anjarwalla feom British. https://saharareporters.com/2024/03/21/detained-binance-executives-appear-nigerian-high-court-remain-detention-two-weeks
They should just let us know that the detention is indefinite and not two weeks extension.
Activity: 700
Merit: 577
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
The Headline I meant today
click the link below and see the full tori. Will Binance provide this information to the government and it agencies?

Court Orders Binance to Hand Over 'Comprehensive' User Data to Nigerian Authorities
The high court of Nigeria e don order Binance to comprehensively provide the users of it exchange to Economic and Financial Crime Commission (EFCC) with immediate effect. Now my question is why to the EFCC? According to the news, it is because of the price manipulation that EFCC is coming into the matter. Well if dem no use hunt any user of the exchange and it is pure for the reduction of the dollar and increase of naira fight then no problem.

legendary
The thing is binance wouldn’t comply but rather look for ways to reduce the damage that is by paying some fine that the government will ask of but definitely not the $10B. Other government like the US had in the past accused them of money laundering and CZ then took the hit of stepping down from his role and both him and the entity were fined and that’s it.
We do not know what will happen. As some people and organizations are seeking for United States intervention, it is possible that our government may still demand for lists of Nigeria Binance users. If the US government also agree to that, Binance will not have any other option if their officials are not released from detention.

The reason why I don’t see them releasing the names is because it will look like a breach go right to their customers and they might lose there customers to that, not only In Nigeria but around the world. Many of their customers might see them as push overs by the government and any country can use it against them and we all know even though people submitted KYC they will still want it not to get to their government
Exactly. But people should expect something like this if they go for KYC. KYC can be extremely dangerous.
Activity: 392
Merit: 237
For some months now, the issue of Binance and our Nigerian government has been getting very heated, since the NGN got delisted from Binance we have been using a diverse means to trade.
As of yesterday, a decision was made by the High court towards Binance, ordering them to release comprehensive users data to the Authorities but it seems Binance are not yet giving in and would like to appeal. Is getting very heated now, if it finally ends and the court refuses taking back their order, do you think Binance would have to simply comply?

The thing is binance wouldn’t comply but rather look for ways to reduce the damage that is by paying some fine that the government will ask of but definitely not the $10B. Other government like the US had in the past accused them of money laundering and CZ then took the hit of stepping down from his role and both him and the entity were fined and that’s it.

The reason why I don’t see them releasing the names is because it will look like a breach go right to their customers and they might lose there customers to that, not only In Nigeria but around the world. Many of their customers might see them as push overs by the government and any country can use it against them and we all know even though people submitted KYC they will still want it not to get to their government
Activity: 224
Merit: 195
For some months now, the issue of Binance and our Nigerian government has been getting very heated, since the NGN got delisted from Binance we have been using a diverse means to trade.
As of yesterday, a decision was made by the High court towards Binance, ordering them to release comprehensive users data to the Authorities but it seems Binance are not yet giving in and would like to appeal. Is getting very heated now, if it finally ends and the court refuses taking back their order, do you think Binance would have to simply comply?
Activity: 266
Merit: 140
I don't even understand this our government's decision after he announced that it is going to ban binance, and the users are not to complain about that since the government tries to explain that binance is making the dollar rise, and that's why the cost of goods is increasing. But I didn't believe with his statement since not all marketers are deal with the dollar when it comes to purchasing their goods from retailers. I even wonder how the things be coming worsted, it is very obvious that Binance is not stable in low prices.

But I know that all these issues can most come to an end since one day the federal government will settle with the binance users, Even though the government was saying that it has given the federal high court Holder right to bring out the list of binance users, I don't think that can be possible.
staff
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1610
The Naija & BSFL Sherrif 📛
Court orders Binance to release data of Nigerian users to EFCC

A Federal High Court in Abuja has ordered Binance Holdings Limited to provide the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission with comprehensive information on all persons from Nigeria trading on its platform.

The court handed down the order in an ex-parte motion filed by the EFCC demanding information about Nigerians trading on Binance.

Copied from https://punchng.com/court-orders-binance-to-release-data-of-nigerian-users-to-efcc/

The NG is looking for terrorism sponsors since they believe the most of the transactions took place on Binance. They already have suspects and full names, and they are expanding their investigation to Binance.

Honestly, if the identities of the suspects they have are found on the list they are demanding, Binance will be involved in another money laundering shit.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1224
'Life's but a walking shadow'!
A Federal High Court in Abuja has ordered Binance Holdings Limited to provide the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission with comprehensive information on all persons from Nigeria trading on its platform.
Crazy to say the least, at this point e dey very clear say our government no even know wetin dem dey do nor do they even plan before dem take a particular direction. If dem get facts about some users wey dem believe say dey use Binance take launder money or to finance terrorism, then make dem approach Binance with details of their investigation and request for details about such users, but it is crazy to order Binance to give you the data of ALL Nigerian users whom have traded on their platform. I don't see any reason why Binance should honor this request.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 126
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Quote from: Charles-Tim

The court handed down the order in an ex-parte motion filed by the EFCC demanding information about Nigerians trading on Binance.

Copied from https://punchng.com/court-orders-binance-to-release-data-of-nigerian-users-to-efcc/
If binance owner is not careful with Nigeria government, they will make binance to pay some of huge amount of money before they will release his workers, I believe this court order will make binance owner to find solution to ensure the plan of the government will not work.

I know that binance will never give the government the names of the Nigeria traders to the government because, they will take advantage of that to reduce all those traders to nothing in the country by using court order to collect the money from them.
Activity: 95
Merit: 22
I must admit Nigerian government are confused set of people. So what the hell do they want to do with Nigerians using binance or do they or are they trying to steal from this angle now there are better things to do and live these whole shit.

Anything wey Nigerian government put body no dey work out them wan come cast binance now instead of looking for a way forward to fix the bank issues we are facing in this country they still want to come and cast the one and reliable system of exchange we have now.
Activity: 392
Merit: 237
I do not know what there plans are but I know that it is not something good. This also shows how incompetent our leaders, regulators and other government officials are. They saw the way but prefer just to go the wrong road all because of something not useful but to carry out their useless investigation. Instead of the government to make it mandatory for Binance to have office in Nigeria and tax them as people that are using them, they just prefer what they have been doing that makes Nigeria not to have good economy. They have the power but they do not have the brain that can help this country to move forward.

Seriously I still find this awkward that the only thing Nigerian government can think of is actually just charging this binance entity to a ransom only. When I heard of bitcoin officials in Nigeria i thought they will use the opportunity to get a Nigerian base own binance entity like the binance.US, tax the corporation and also in future should they think of taxing the citizens in cryptocurrency they could get a handful of them through binance. But no they want a ridiculous amount for whatever reason.

It still baffles me that they think binance will allow them get access to customers details, if this leaks binance isn’t only going to lose customers in Nigeria but all over the world because every user will be aware that each country government can get the KYC of their children when they want.
legendary
This one wey EFCC don enter the matter e mean say, Dem wan really arrest those users, e don dey really clear now say na their intentions be that. But my problem with this issue na besay, them don already succeed disable their fiat from binance so wattin Dem wan still use the name of those p2p traders do. Abi them dey plan to task them? Or place fine for their head? But one thing dey sure, as far as say them dey this desperate to collect those name e just mean say them wan either arrest them like the BDC and then, fine Dem.
I do not know what there plans are but I know that it is not something good. This also shows how incompetent our leaders, regulators and other government officials are. They saw the way but prefer just to go the wrong road all because of something not useful but to carry out their useless investigation. Instead of the government to make it mandatory for Binance to have office in Nigeria and tax them as people that are using them, they just prefer what they have been doing that makes Nigeria not to have good economy. They have the power but they do not have the brain that can help this country to move forward.
Activity: 812
Merit: 560
FG detains two Binance executives –Report

Two senior executives of Binance were allegedly to have been detained by the federal government. The executive officers flew to Nigeria after Binance website was taken down by the NCC in a way Nigeria can not be able to access the website. Although, the site is still accessible through the mobile app.

The federal government are demanding to see a list of Binance Nigerian users since the exchange inception, a person familiar with the matter said.

All these are happening so that we may learn and know why we need to be away from the use of centralized exchanges, the government can regulate anything as they wish, but in this case, am not sure they have the jurisdiction of making demands for the list of kyc information's of all its traders, business isn't scared of the Nigerian government for anything, all we expect from them is just a strict non compliance to the request, they have to work on their own economy and not the binance business or platform, if they do so, are they still going to go round other platforms or exchanges demanding same.
Activity: 168
Merit: 109
There is very big argument on ground now that, federal government is asking Binance to give the top 100 Binance users and they the federal government will release the arrest Binance staff and right now Nigeria Government is not talking amount the #10 billion naira fine that they asked Binance before again and all their focus right now is the Nigerians that are using Binance. So if you are still using Binance, you better go and remove your account details from the exchange because the pressure Nigerian government is giving to Binance to give them users is very high. And that has been on the discussion for some days now. And that is the only condition for the release of the Binance staff.

And Binance told the government of America and UK that their citizens will go back to their country safety.

So this is like a hostage situation where the Nigerian government is asking $10B for their dispute. The government accused them of devaluing the naira for an illicit flow of funds because of the p2p. As I've read, the Binance executives were brought to a guesthouse after meeting the Nigerian officials, and their security agency guards this house. To which their phones and passports were taken from them.

They have been there for 2 weeks now, I'm sure this has to do with their negotiations.
Seriously, the Nigerian government is demanding $10B for what? This is so crazy. The government is fucking criminals; they are busy doing all this to extort money from Binance. After increasing the amount of money for a local exchange to start up their business. They still want huge amounts of money from the exchange for the damage they themselves caused.

No doubt there is a conspiracy here, and I am beginning to suspect those Binance officials to be helping the government. Obviously, they are receiving some of the best treatment in the custody of the government. I am not surprised that the government has given them beneficial options if the money comes out. Ah God this our country eh.
Activity: 266
Merit: 187
Bitcoin!!

This one wey EFCC don enter the matter e mean say, Dem wan really arrest those users, e don dey really clear now say na their intentions be that. But my problem with this issue na besay, them don already succeed disable their fiat from binance so wattin Dem wan still use the name of those p2p traders do. Abi them dey plan to task them? Or place fine for their head? But one thing dey sure, as far as say them dey this desperate to collect those name e just mean say them wan either arrest them like the BDC and then, fine Dem.
legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 621
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform
Baba Tinubu don dey take style dey near fire wey go burn am soon. Sometimes I go dey think say if those two binance guys na nigerians with the way wey naija government take carry moral still hold them and still dey seek for extension of their detention. Them say na fly wey no dey hear word dey follow dead body enter grave.

Him don dey pass boundary. It is okay to make your investigation and leave the workers to go and then if him get something wey him find out against binance then him make it formal through the court and not to dey do dem as if dey are common criminals without no right like as dem dey take treat poor Nigerians.

We still dey watch as things dey unfold with this Naira exchange rate, na so dem close aboki FX, now binance while dem dey pack dollar wey pack suppose dey sell put for their save or sell them give BDC people, how the exchange rate no go high.
legendary
Chambers of Digital Commerce said Binance officials detention is unlawful and demand response of the United States president

We know this will definitely lead to what is happening now. See what Chambers of Digital Commerce said about Nigeria detention of Binance officials which I definitely know that one of the two or both of them are US citizens:

This incident demands a robust response from the United States. We call upon President Biden and the U.S. government to employ every diplomatic measure to ensure Mr. Gambaryan’s immediate release. The unwarranted detention of Tigran Gambaryan is more than a legal issue; it is a matter of national dignity and the protection of American citizens worldwide. We stand in solidarity with Mr. Gambaryan and his family during this trying time and urge swift action to rectify this grave injustice.

To read about it, you can click on this link:
https://digitalchamber.org/urgent-call-to-action-american-citizen-and-crypto-sector-worker-kidnapped-by-nigerian-government/
Pages:
Jump to: