Pages:
Author

Topic: Government vs Bitcoin - page 10. (Read 1102 times)

Activity: 267
Merit: 268
September 04, 2023, 03:37:49 PM
People keep claiming that governments try to ban bitcoin, but when I look at the big governments and my own, I do not see any ban.

Because smart chairmen know that they must incorporate to stay relevant with new technologies.  But that does not mean they are supporting it.  If you look closely, you will see they are trying to surveil everyone as much as possible.  They dislike anonymity because they cannot control the absense of coin history, and that is why they fund millions for the operation of chain analysis, even if it is ineffective guesswork.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 575
September 04, 2023, 03:19:27 PM
People keep claiming that governments try to ban bitcoin, but when I look at the big governments and my own, I do not see any ban. Is it banned in the USA? No, is it banned in UK? No, which EU nation bans it? None I know, all big ones accept it. Turkey accepts it as well, we see billboards of exchanges everywhere, there is a huge one with millions of members. So we can say that there aren't that many nations that bans it. Yes its known that China dislikes mining and a bit of bitcoin, but not crypto in general and that's why I could easily say that its not going to be that much of a trouble. I think its safe to say that governments are ok with crypto in general.
Activity: 267
Merit: 268
September 04, 2023, 03:15:46 PM
I do not think they misunderstand Bitcoin at all.  Pretty much the other way.  The regular people misunderstand Bitcoin while the parasites are effectively attacking it often times, because it is very much threatening their comfort of playing recklessly with the financial system.
Activity: 2982
Merit: 678
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
September 04, 2023, 03:06:17 PM
Although occasionally the bitcoin regulations appear unreasonable, I posit that bitcoin is not as detrimental as suggested. Please correct me if I am wrong.
How it can be unreasonable if the government that has banned it as their own reasons? Whether we want to be against those governments that has banned bitcoin, there is nothing we can do with that.

The only thing is to wait for them to change and alter their decision into making it useful on their end. That's the start of it, they don't see the use and benefit of it and that's the reason why they're having regulations and worst, goes into a ban.

We think that they're wrong in all forms because we're pro and investors of bitcoin. But looking at their perspective, they think that they're right and we're wrong.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 2094
September 04, 2023, 03:00:36 PM
Bitcoin hasn't harmed the government, but the innovation that is in bitcoin makes most governments afraid. Governments are afraid because they can't control bitcoin, of course that has made some of them ban it. But I am grateful that my country's government has not banned bitcoin completely, I mean bitcoin can be traded even though it is not allowed to use it as legal tender.

The policies taken by the government towards bitcoin are sometimes detrimental. Governments tend to say something negative about bitcoin, but they're basically just lying and pretending not to know. Bitcoin is just like any other currency, it can be misused for whatever reason. But that's not a good reason to ban a currency.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
September 04, 2023, 02:47:02 PM
Governments frequently misunderstand bitcoin innovation.
This impression arises from the disproportionate bans and regulations they enact.
Although occasionally the bitcoin regulations appear unreasonable, I posit that bitcoin is not as detrimental as suggested. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Pages:
Jump to: