Pages:
Author

Topic: Governor of the central bank of India is speaking positively on Bitcoin - page 2. (Read 2429 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
central bank talks good about bitcoin? Something isn't right here.
legendary
Activity: 1662
Merit: 1050
Bankers will never support Bitcoin, he's just blushing....

RBI is an autonomous regulatory body in India. They are not involved into public banking.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
AltoCenter.com
Bankers will never support Bitcoin, he's just blushing....
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
This is great. If BTC can spread to more populous countries like India/China than it's sure to grow.

Its already wide spread in China. Not sure about India. I think the major factor has been the volatility that steers people away.
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
I thought India was super against Bitcoin. What happened?

Im not sure if anyone is against it as of now.! I'd say most of them r naive about it.!
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
wow this is great Smiley

I hope more and more are using bitcoin, and bitcoin prices will increase and stable Smiley
legendary

India was not super against Bitcoin, just smart enough not to buy on a bubble and allow the Western geeks a chance to cash out, like the Chinese did.

In fact, we saved a lot of money because the RBI notice about bitcoin came on time. We would have lost a lot of money by now, if they did not make us aware about the downside of the bubble. Now, as I hear +ve words from the governor, I feel more confident to invest in Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
Dr. Raghuram Rajan, governor of the Reserve Bank of India, has replied a few questions regarding bitcoin in an interview. I think, as a leader of country's central bank, his approach is +ve about bitcoin.

This is great news. A push from emerging economies like China and India can do wonders to Bitcoin adoption.
As we have seen from m-Pesa in Kenya, poor infrastructure and low banking penetration can result in people being open to new technologies.
legendary
Activity: 1120
wow, I hope we can see a more expanded bitcoin acceptance in India soon
legendary
I imagine this is Raghuram Rajan, he used to be an academic at the University of Chicago
A smart, progressive man by all accounts

In case if someone does not know over here, Dr. Rajan is an electrical engineer from IIT. So, to understand bitcoin, he does not need to rely on what is being briefed to him or being reported in the media. He can understand it directly from the bitcoin whitepaper.
Activity: 854
these are really good news but I don't know if it could be easy to implement in india
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
This is great. If BTC can spread to more populous countries like India/China than it's sure to grow.
legendary
Activity: 1050

India was not super against Bitcoin, just smart enough not to buy on a bubble and allow the Western geeks a chance to cash out, like the Chinese did.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
Activity: 420
Just like every new thing in needs to earn trust. Remember when everyone was afraid to use a credit card online?
legendary
Activity: 1061
Merit: 1001
everyone talks of China having over a billion people

India has too
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
It's great and very unusual that man in such position, representing central bank, speaking positively on Bitcoin.
I would think that bankers will never accept bitcoin idea of decentralization, and no bank or central office behind, but I'm happy that I'm wrong at least with this great guy!
Q7
Activity: 448
Great! While he highlighted the weaknesses of bitcoin but in the end overall he gave a positive outlook on the future of bitcoin.
Activity: 462
I imagine this is Raghuram Rajan, he used to be an academic at the University of Chicago
A smart, progressive man by all accounts
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
The governor is open minded about bitcoin, not quite speaking positively about It. He is more interested in credit card payment with NFC.
Pages:
Jump to: