Pages:
Author

Topic: Gox down completely - page 2. (Read 3182 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
April 11, 2013, 06:52:36 PM
Let's not be TOO hard on those guys. Look at the massive boom in the last week. Like from a logistics standpoint that would have been almost impossible to ramp up the infrastructure to maintain the volume of trades. Going forward I think the lessons will hopefully have been learnt and there will hopefully be more diversity in exchanges as well.
It's called stress testing, which is industry standard. Their hardware is well below par for such valuable transactions and they've known this more than anyone from the start.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
April 11, 2013, 06:51:24 PM
Oh for the love of God, just stop using Gox.

There are other fucking exchanges, y'know. I haven't ever used Gox.

A-fucking-men

fuck gox, and fuck monopolies. Use the other exchanges, they are better anyway.

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1018
Buzz App - Spin wheel, farm rewards
April 11, 2013, 06:48:45 PM
Let's not be TOO hard on those guys. Look at the massive boom in the last week. Like from a logistics standpoint that would have been almost impossible to ramp up the infrastructure to maintain the volume of trades. Going forward I think the lessons will hopefully have been learnt and there will hopefully be more diversity in exchanges as well.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003
April 11, 2013, 06:44:39 PM
Oh for the love of God, just stop using Gox.

There are other fucking exchanges, y'know. I haven't ever used Gox.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
April 11, 2013, 06:42:16 PM
They did it AGAIN.  They didn't learn from 2011, with $100k/day of revenue coming in they didn't see the need to scale fast enough.  Moreover, they never realized they had a scaling issue the whole time, and kept opening up new accounts.  Any one in their right mind would have suspended new account additions.  Not Gox, greedy fucking pigs were too worried about losing a little market share, and now what.

There is no doubt in my mind when they re-open (if they reopen in 4 hours) that they will go right back down.  This is going to be a multi-day possibly multi-week fiasco.  All the new users will freak out and leave.  Bitcoin will go back to the doldrums.

I've been saying it over and over again all the influx of new users at such a rapid pace was a bad thing for bitcoin.  Everyone had to go tell their friends to buy in.  Every one had to get on the message boards and shout down any one who tried to caution new users not to buy into a parabolic move.  Yes the community is to blame as well.   I told NO ONE to buy into this rally.

Of course i showed up shortly after the last gox fiasco in 2011 so i had little idea just how bad they could fall down.  I'm at a point where as soon as they open i will buy whatever coin i can with the fiat i have left in there and immediately tx it to my client.

I am soooo done with gox.  I'll buy more coins after the price stabilizes, and i'll do it at meetups or something.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
April 11, 2013, 06:35:17 PM
"emergency maintenance" is the new maintenance.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
April 11, 2013, 06:32:40 PM
Pages:
Jump to: