Pages:
Author

Topic: Gox Should Halt Trading - page 3. (Read 3417 times)

Activity: 431
Merit: 251
April 10, 2013, 01:14:59 PM
Agreed, they should at least stop accepting new orders until the order processing engine catches up
legendary
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
April 10, 2013, 01:12:42 PM
EDIT April 11: They finally did it! They finally but in a market cool down halt to trading to alleviate the lag garbage!

EDIT 2: I'd like to state that when I originally wrote this, I meant temporary, as it, 10-15 minutes max to sort out the lag and then let trading resume. I don't think turning off trading for 12 hours in beneficial. It seems Gox bad communication is an issue here as they have stated they are upgrading their system today, yet also call it a market cool down. So which is it?

EDIT 3: April 13. The brief cooldown killed the 50 minute lag in about 10 or so minutes, exactly what I was hoping for. I think this is a very good temporary solution to deal with the lag problem until they overhaul their trading engine and entire system.

This is irresponsible. To allow your service to get this gummed up and full of this much panic inducing lag is completely unacceptable and counter productive for Gox's own business and BTC as a whole. When this lag gets this bad its time to take off the pressure, let the shitty ass lag sort itself out and resume later. Seriously lame gox.
Pages:
Jump to: