Pages:
Author

Topic: Goxxed out, Back in - page 2. (Read 2151 times)

legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
April 20, 2015, 07:06:40 PM
it's a great time to get back in bitcoin. every investment is a possible risk, but buying at this price is very smart. just hold them for a long time and you'll be fine.
Activity: 318
Merit: 100
April 20, 2015, 06:16:40 PM
This is why they say there's a sucker born every minute. But I'm sure we'll run out of suckaz soon. Right now we have a calm before the drop to 180-200, real soon. Kiss your $1000 good-bye!
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
April 20, 2015, 06:04:35 PM
That's a good position to be in. 5 BTC is a fine number if it ever goes berserk. Losing $1000 would suck but life would go on regardless. It's a good time for a speculative punt.
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
April 20, 2015, 05:59:12 PM
Good for you.  Encourage all your family and friends to get in as well.

Thanks, it feels good to have my money back where my mouth is Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
April 20, 2015, 05:51:12 PM
Good for you.  Encourage all your family and friends to get in as well.
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
April 20, 2015, 05:41:10 PM
After sitting back and watching for over a year, I'm back in.

When I told a friend who was burned heavier by Mt. Gox than I, he said "Yuck!  The idea makes me a bit sick to my stomach, but in a way I'm oddly proud of you."

So why am I back in?

For a $1,000 investment, I will forever be among the wealthiest 5 million Bitcoin owners in the world as long as I hold.

That may not sound like much, but by comparison, there are 12 million millionaires in the world.  Put another way I own more Bitcoin than 99.928% of the people of the world could ever theoretically own at one time.

Yes, Bitcoin may drop lower, but so might the buying power of a dollar

Yes, web interest has been constant for the last year, but it's holding at about 50% higher than the summer of 2013 when the price was $100-$150.  And yes, I know that 1.5x the old price would put us slightly below where we are currently at ($150-$225), but I'd rather buy now and have it drop there or even lower than wait for the price to drop to that range and never get back in.

Yes, the USD transaction volume has remained fairly constant for the last year, but the number of transactions per day has shown consistent growth.

Yes, it could drop to $0 and I just lost $1000 bucks, but at the same time I know there are others just like I have been:  Sitting, waiting, biding their time until something "clicks" and they are ready to get back in or buy in for the first time.  And as they come, so will the price.  And as the price comes, so will the interest.  And as the interest comes, hopefully the infrastructures will be battle-hardened enough to be able to handle it this time.  And if the infrastructures are able to handle it, we might just make it across The CHASM.  And I doubt that even the blackest bear would want to miss out on something as monumental as that...
Pages:
Jump to: