Pages:
Author

Topic: GPU farms moving over to Litecoin - page 3. (Read 10332 times)

legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006
Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
October 14, 2012, 04:06:01 PM
How do you mine Litecoins with GPUs? Which software do you use?
edit: (I need one for Windoze)

cgminer
cgminer --scrypt
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
amarha
October 14, 2012, 04:00:21 PM

cgminer
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064
Bitcoin is antisemitic
October 14, 2012, 03:46:46 PM
I've moved my complete farm to Litecoin more than 1 month ago.

legendary
October 14, 2012, 03:36:29 PM
Just how crazy is it going to get? Anyone starting early on the Litecoin switch over?

I've moved my complete farm to Litecoin more than 1 month ago. I had 18 GHash in BTC mining, and no way I'm waiting for those 60 GHashs ASIC to come by and make my farm completely irrelevant.

however... those glory days are ending in a hurry and it'll quickly eqaulize out to what BTC mining is worth due to natural market forces.

It's more that GPU will still be relevant for a good chunk of time with Litecoin, while they are going to be almost useless with Bitcoin. Litecoin being more profitable is a great bonus too!

In your opinion how much more profitable LTC mining has been compared to BTC?

It's not about opinion, it's about facts, check the top-right corner:
http://coinotron.com/coinotron/AccountServlet?action=home

The lowest I saw was 1.2 times the profit you can make with BTC. Usually, it's around 1.4 to 1.5 times more profitable.

Thank you very much. This is enlightening. The gap is closing fast with the LTC diff rising quickly
Activity: 632
Merit: 500
October 14, 2012, 02:53:12 PM
Just how crazy is it going to get? Anyone starting early on the Litecoin switch over?

I've moved my complete farm to Litecoin more than 1 month ago. I had 18 GHash in BTC mining, and no way I'm waiting for those 60 GHashs ASIC to come by and make my farm completely irrelevant.

however... those glory days are ending in a hurry and it'll quickly eqaulize out to what BTC mining is worth due to natural market forces.

It's more that GPU will still be relevant for a good chunk of time with Litecoin, while they are going to be almost useless with Bitcoin. Litecoin being more profitable is a great bonus too!

It's not about opinion, it's about facts, check the top-right corner:
http://coinotron.com/coinotron/AccountServlet?action=home

The lowest I saw was 1.2 times the profit you can make with BTC. Usually, it's around 1.4 to 1.5 times more profitable.
legendary
October 14, 2012, 02:45:24 PM

Activity: 632
October 14, 2012, 02:42:23 PM

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047
October 14, 2012, 02:30:41 PM

Anyone just throwing in the towel and selling off all the gear?

I'm really curious as to what everyone plans. This last part of 2012 is going to be really interesting.

I would imagine that even if someone was trying to sell.. on ebay, craigslist etc.. they'll still mine every last coin than they until they get the price they want.

honestly.. LTC mining is stupidly profitable right now (with current difficulty, fx rate, etc). a single 7950 ($320 on amazon) nets about .25-.3 btc/day when mining ltc.

I don't know I may end up moving the GPU portion back onto BOINC..

Just depends on the return for ASIC investment.
Activity: 616
October 13, 2012, 09:43:51 PM

I'm really curious as to what everyone plans. This last part of 2012 is going to be really interesting.

I would imagine that even if someone was trying to sell.. on ebay, craigslist etc.. they'll still mine every last coin than they until they get the price they want.

honestly.. LTC mining is stupidly profitable right now (with current difficulty, fx rate, etc). a single 7950 ($320 on amazon) nets about .25-.3 btc/day when mining ltc.

legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
amarha
October 13, 2012, 05:55:18 PM

Pages:
Jump to: