Pages:
Author

Topic: GPU mining - Am I better off inventing time travel? - page 2. (Read 341 times)

Activity: 71
Merit: 41
Agree with Phil.

We can make assumptions based on rising difficulty, or upcoming hard forks/havening. But making assumptions on price is just baloney.

My tarot card reader to me the price is going up, so Alikait is wrong.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
I think its too late now, bear market is on the horizon as the cycle is almost over.  Profits plunging and difficulty rising, no point starting now, wait for the market to correct and buy coins instead during bear market.

Once again how on earth do you know the cycle is ending.  Are you a clairvoyant?

look at the chart I grabbed from binance.us  and redesigned to show my point

where are we on this chart on one spot price is ready to move up
on another spot price is ready to drop

I understand you think we are on the righthand slope and handed downwards.

I would like to think we are on the left hand slope and headed up.

The truth is I do not know which one we are on and neither do you.

If either one of us knew we would be time travelers. Grin
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
I think its too late now, bear market is on the horizon as the cycle is almost over.  Profits plunging and difficulty rising, no point starting now, wait for the market to correct and buy coins instead during bear market.

Listen to this guy. What they want people to do now is to gamble on btc or altcoins and then get trapped for the next 5 years or so. Hold your usdt and wait for that 95% crash.
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
I think its too late now, bear market is on the horizon as the cycle is almost over.  Profits plunging and difficulty rising, no point starting now, wait for the market to correct and buy coins instead during bear market.
Activity: 289
Merit: 40
I mined LTC and a few other scrypt coins back in 2013-2014 using a small GPU based farm and am now thinking about jumping back into mining after a few years off; is it nucking futs to want to rock a GPU farm for a few solves again, or has the supremacy of ASIC's really made this insane to consider even IF I had a zero cost power solution?

What says you, bitcointalk?

Unless you have the current or even a few year old gpus ready to go this is a bad time to try to get back in to gpu mining.  There IS still lots to mine though.  The market has pushed Most of the equipment for gpu mining to 3x and 4x prices.  Cards that would sell on ebay for 150usd are selling for 600 usd.  No joke. 

If the market just goes sidewise Right now even those 600 dollar 8gig rx580s on ebay ROI will payoff in 4-6 months.  ETH is the common big gpu coin to mine atm.  Could change with proof of stake(not a idea I like) switch over with no solid date on that.  With 8,000 other alt coins Something will become profitable if ETH becomes Not profitable.

If you have zero cost electricity then pin down a Now over priced bitcoin ASIC from 3 or 4 years ago  The s9s make money again.  My learning s9 asic I bought in nov 2020 for 65 usd has paid for itself 10x already.  (its at a free power location) 300usd for a s9 is not unreasonable  600 I wouldn't buy.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
I mined LTC and a few other scrypt coins back in 2013-2014 using a small GPU based farm and am now thinking about jumping back into mining after a few years off; is it nucking futs to want to rock a GPU farm for a few solves again, or has the supremacy of ASIC's really made this insane to consider even IF I had a zero cost power solution?

What says you, bitcointalk?
Pages:
Jump to: