Pages:
Author

Topic: GPU mining is dead. Yeah, sure thing! - page 2. (Read 1254 times)

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Nvidia continues its offensive on mining and has deliberately limited the mining capabilities of the three new RTX 3070, RTX 3080 and RTX 3060 Ti graphics cards, calling them "lightweight hashing speed," according to a May 18 announcement made by Matt Wuebbling, head of global GeForce marketing at the company, covering this with concern for computer game lovers. https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2021/05/18/lhr/

yes be careful what you order.

and if you have older good 3000 cards this made them worth more
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 1501
Nvidia continues its offensive on mining and has deliberately limited the mining capabilities of the three new RTX 3070, RTX 3080 and RTX 3060 Ti graphics cards, calling them "lightweight hashing speed," according to a May 18 announcement made by Matt Wuebbling, head of global GeForce marketing at the company, covering this with concern for computer game lovers. https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2021/05/18/lhr/
Activity: 1558
Merit: 69
You can still mine ETC on that laptop of yours, 4gb is doable today compare to weeks back, I can bet something around 4$ from ETC with a gtx1650 right now, the truth is this insane amount of profits won't last forever, I can smell bear market coming already

Not sure about $4, more like $2 or less on ETC. Not worth burning an expensive laptop for it.

Mining ERG is more profitable than ETC and more than ETH also  Cheesy
You can also mine ERG+ZIL for more profit.

There are so many alternatives out.
Activity: 252
Merit: 13
It's never going to be over for GPU mining even if Ethereum stop been profitable or if ETH change its PoW algorithm, there are many new and old coins that still runs on proof of work algorithm
legendary
i will most likely return the laptops

This laptop is my work horse, I bought it just a year ago.

if you use it for other shit do not mine with it.

I have mac minis for my non mining pcs
Activity: 621
Merit: 108

This laptop is my work horse, I bought it just a year ago.
legendary
You can still mine ETC on that laptop of yours, 4gb is doable today compare to weeks back, I can bet something around 4$ from ETC with a gtx1650 right now, the truth is this insane amount of profits won't last forever, I can smell bear market coming already

Not sure about $4, more like $2 or less on ETC. Not worth burning an expensive laptop for it.
Activity: 232
Merit: 10

the laptop amd 5600m at 34 mh is doing about 11 a day

Mining with laptop too, are we  Wink Just kidding, I'd fire my laptop up too while these daily profits are crazy, but unfortunately it only has 4GB 1650 GPU.

i have 3x 3060ti pcs coming
i have 1x 3070 pc coming

this is 240mh or about 65-75 a day

I'm getting jealous. Only one 3080 is on the way to me.

Mining with laptop too, are we  Wink Just kidding, I'd fire my laptop up too while these daily profits are crazy, but unfortunately it only has 4GB 1650 GPU.

i have 1x 3070 pc coming

I'm getting jealous. Only one 3080 is on the way to me.
legendary

at those numbers a 3070 makes over 8 usd a day.

Re-check your calculations, sounds quite low for the current moment. Right now Awesome miner shows estimated profit for one 3080 around 28 usd/day and it seems right with increased reward, 3070 should be roughly 60% of that.

you are correct nicehash has one 3060ti at 19 one 3070 at 19.5 one 3070 at 20.05

at the moment it is stupid good.

since much of my cards pruchased from late jan to now were all due to cashing in the doge at too low of a price. I am now making up 🆙 for some of that error as I used that profit to press on the cards.

I am in a funny spot as I am now making a lot in the house without much noise and heat.

plus weather has been cool so no ac needed.

when these back off in profit i will move to warehouse.

i have 1x 3070 pc coming

Activity: 22
Merit: 0
11.05.2021 was amazing for mining!!! ~284.75$ for 1 GH/s!!!
https://i.imgur.com/e8gt0Zg.jpg

at those numbers a 3070 makes over 8 usd a day.

Re-check your calculations, sounds quite low for the current moment. Right now Awesome miner shows estimated profit for one 3080 around 28 usd/day and it seems right with increased reward, 3070 should be roughly 60% of that.
Where is metroid ?

Lurking hehe

I'm planning to sell close to 4.6 ~ 5k which is what i said would be the top, trolls are waiting it to go to 10k but I believe 10k eth is a huge bulltrap, I will be happy with anything close to 5k, I believe eth will go higher because btc is not yet its top which I believe will be 79k. What I will do is, as soon as eth go higher than 4600 usd, i will do a stop limit order at 4600 usd, then if it crashes it will hit my sell order, if not then i will see where it will go then decide if i will increase the limit stop order aka stop loss.

LOL I was kinda expecting your comment to be first one saying it's all BS, noobs have no idea what they're doing when they buy cards at these crazy prices, etc, etc  Grin
legendary
Enough already metroid, all those weeks is already enough to make most of your money invested on GPUs back, I'm glad I don't follow your warnings because I bought my GPUs at Feb of this year and now Ive made them ROI back

hehe, well, I purchased my 2 3080 for 1k usd each in february too but i dont mine with them, I actually use for important stuff, 1, I use for gaming and the other one for deep learning. I'm not a miner, actually, I have never been one, even in bitcoin earlier era, I have always been an investor, buy and sell and vice versa, mining is for losers but hey, is one of my hobbies know about mining and its economics because to be a successful investor in crypto i had to learn about it.

the profit in ETH mining per 3080 now breached 20$ going to 30$..

at these mining profits of course he will get salty, he's human. with his know how he can build a huge farm given the right circumstances for him.

metroid is anti-miner here because in his circumstance mining is temporary due to electricity price and "the effort-time-money" equation for him. it is smart for him to do that, just like a shitcoin bag that is not profitable for anyone-they should dump them hence he dumped mining, i would recommend it to everyone who are in his position.

for people like philipma1957, who can blast off for a year or two at the start of the bear market. then you should put mining into your portfolio..just like a successful shitcoin turned major, you hold/trade it and profit from it.

and for people who get triggered by metroid just think about market cycles and trends..metroid was right, then metroid was wrong...hell even crypto low iq newbs was also right after investing in pump and dumps....in crypto everyone has a chance to be right, it is a matter of timing.

this is a good analysis. I met up with buysolar via bitcointalk. turned out he lives under 10 miles from me.

We knew we had the edge in cheap power. due to his solar business it has taken us close to 7 years to be in this position.

we would be stupid not to mine.

buysolar does trade a bit more than me and holds coins longer than me.

I do not need a 35 year income stream from btc as I will be 99 in 35 years.

So for me I tend to play it safer.
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059
Enough already metroid, all those weeks is already enough to make most of your money invested on GPUs back, I'm glad I don't follow your warnings because I bought my GPUs at Feb of this year and now Ive made them ROI back

hehe, well, I purchased my 2 3080 for 1k usd each in february too but i dont mine with them, I actually use for important stuff, 1, I use for gaming and the other one for deep learning. I'm not a miner, actually, I have never been one, even in bitcoin earlier era, I have always been an investor, buy and sell and vice versa, mining is for losers but hey, is one of my hobbies know about mining and its economics because to be a successful investor in crypto i had to learn about it.

the profit in ETH mining per 3080 now breached 20$ going to 30$..

at these mining profits of course he will get salty, he's human. with his know how he can build a huge farm given the right circumstances for him.

metroid is anti-miner here because in his circumstance mining is temporary due to electricity price and "the effort-time-money" equation for him. it is smart for him to do that, just like a shitcoin bag that is not profitable for anyone-they should dump them hence he dumped mining, i would recommend it to everyone who are in his position.

for people like philipma1957, who can blast off for a year or two at the start of the bear market. then you should put mining into your portfolio..just like a successful shitcoin turned major, you hold/trade it and profit from it.

and for people who get triggered by metroid just think about market cycles and trends..metroid was right, then metroid was wrong...hell even crypto low iq newbs was also right after investing in pump and dumps....in crypto everyone has a chance to be right, it is a matter of timing.
Activity: 1558
Merit: 69

Mining is for losers? Crypto would not exist without mining! So how stupid is your comment? Why your are here in the mining section? The next level for metroid comments. you will become a meme with your statements XD
You know nothing about mining thats the only truth.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 504
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO
With all those DeFi coming up and cheaper but riskier to do , majority of crypto investor will resort to this new kind of having more ETH than mining .It is simpler to do mining than DeFi because of its complexity in operation
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster

Activity: 301
Merit: 13
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
GPU mining isn't going to die any time soon and also ETH will keep it's PoW algorithm even if they go PoS, I can see new ASIC miners coming in and that just says everything, if those new ASIC miners are not built then I would still be in fear right now but not anymore
Pages:
Jump to: