Pages:
Author

Topic: GPU Mining Is NOT Profitable In My HOUSE - October 2018 Mining Farm Update - page 4. (Read 1819 times)

Activity: 123
Merit: 10

Can you guys post what kind of solar panels are you using to support such power crunching machines you have?
I have seen Ognasty's wind turbine and I think its much worth investing than solar panel in my opinion because just when winder came, there isn't much power from the sun and win can be a lot sustainable. How much power does a Computer with 8 GPUs on it?

not to sure how good it is.when I bought it i was told it was state of art then.
no they work better in the winter but the down side less day light shorter days but they work better when it's cold .

ENV-IQ-AM1-240M / CELLMODEM-01 M    Enphase Energy    1
Inverter    IQ6    Enphase Energy    30
Module    Q-Cells 295 Mono    Q-Cells    30
Racking       IronRidge    
Inverter    IQ6    Enphase Energy    30
Module    Q-Cells 295 Mono    Q-Cells    30
Racking       IronRidge    
Activity: 123
Merit: 10

I'm just glad I invested my profits from last year into solar.

My L3+s get started at sunrise and shut down at sunset.

My other gpus rigs are the same.

Costs me sweet stuff all in electricity and I'm still getting some sort of profit out of them.

Plus I'll still have something for when profitability goes up.

I do the same thing with my solar if it's a bad day for the sun like mostly rain and no SUN i don't turn mine on ,I know it works on rainy days or during most any light of day but on the weak days, i take a break . .

with the winter coming it should work even better , less light because of shorter days means less mining but more back to the power company.

if  Vos was indeed making 4k a day a week or month or whatever why didn't he take at least 15k of that and invest into solar. his system would be paid for with Rebates and tax credits on his house, were he lived in the pictures Ive seen, his house can support solar .. he must have thought it was going to last lol.
Activity: 616
Merit: 167
Economists love their equilibrium! Alot of people are at the point where after electricity costs, it is pretty much a wash - no profit no loss.

So there would be little incentive for someone to build a rig today, particularly as better GPUs come out, FPGAs, ASICs and so on all put a dampener on potential profits. And lets not even talk about Eth (one day) moving to PoS... 

I'll keep mining and perhaps we'll have another upswing in the not too distant future.
Activity: 33
Merit: 2
Yes it might be profitable at $0.10/kwh but to what extent?

When 80% of all your profit is going to electricity is it really worth mining?

I did the calculation and most have the RX 470/570 which uses like 130 Watts so at $0.10/kwh you make about $0.12/day.

However after fees, bank fees, errors, GPU downtime, etc you probably end up making a nickel per GPU. Is it really worth mining for that much?

at .10/kwh roughly 40-50% of your income goes to electricity if you know how to optimize your mining rigs properly. This of course depends on the algo you're mining but most will fall in that range. The market would need to drop another 50% or so from current levels while nethash remains the same to hit breakeven. That includes all the fees incurred for exchanging to USD.

I've looked at this pretty closely in recent months because if it happens i'll shut down my mine and if it stays low for more than a month i'll sell the equipment.

I am not sure which GPU you are referring to.

But with an RX 470 which hashes at around 28Mhs nets about 0.40 profit where 0.30 is electricity cost alone.

Not sure how the 1080ti fares but with those your main issue is to ROI the GPU first so you got more issues to worry about than just the GPU cost.
My mine is roughly a 50/50 split of 1070tis and 1080tis. My equipment is paid off and has been since March. I wouldn't try to buy equipment right now if you haven't paid off whatever you have currently.
Activity: 846
Merit: 115
you are only finding this out now???

i guess you have been squeezing as much click bate youtube money you could.

going from 1 video with pros and a short time later to this is crazy bro.

sell more shirts.

lol..

mans gotta eat,   let him earn whatever chipotle burrito he can get. +1 for Tails

Activity: 462
you are only finding this out now???

i guess you have been squeezing as much click bate youtube money you could.

going from 1 video with pros and a short time later to this is crazy bro.

sell more shirts.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses

I did the calculation and most have the RX 470/570 which uses like 130 Watts so at $0.10/kwh you make about $0.12/day.

However after fees, bank fees, errors, GPU downtime, etc you probably end up making a nickel per GPU. Is it really worth mining for that much?

at .10/kwh roughly 40-50% of your income goes to electricity if you know how to optimize your mining rigs properly. This of course depends on the algo you're mining but most will fall in that range. The market would need to drop another 50% or so from current levels while nethash remains the same to hit breakeven. That includes all the fees incurred for exchanging to USD.

I've looked at this pretty closely in recent months because if it happens i'll shut down my mine and if it stays low for more than a month i'll sell the equipment.

I am not sure which GPU you are referring to.

But with an RX 470 which hashes at around 28Mhs nets about 0.40 profit where 0.30 is electricity cost alone.

Not sure how the 1080ti fares but with those your main issue is to ROI the GPU first so you got more issues to worry about than just the GPU cost.
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
This is the best time to buy coins, soon people will start buying all the coins which are popular and almost not profitable. Price of those coins will increase more than 10x and mining will return to 1 usd per card.

legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses

Activity: 216
Merit: 100
You must have really high electric rates. At $.095/kwh its still profitable for me but i'm not selling. Now is the time for accumulation.

Most people in Europe will pay around double of that figure. So it is not profitable for them.
You must have really high electric rates. At $.095/kwh its still profitable for me but i'm not selling. Now is the time for accumulation.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 255

Can you guys post what kind of solar panels are you using to support such power crunching machines you have?
I have seen Ognasty's wind turbine and I think its much worth investing than solar panel in my opinion because just when winder came, there isn't much power from the sun and win can be a lot sustainable. How much power does a Computer with 8 GPUs on it?
Activity: 1042
Merit: 328
SIGNATURE CREATION by uralcryptocoin
legendary
Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011
Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks
This is one of the problems when investing in mining if you are living in the country with high electricity rate mining is not profitable, you can get negative earnings from mining so in the end selling all GPU to cut the loses.

However, in my case, I have a small mining rig and free source of electricity and until now I'm mining with my small mining rig and honestly I'd like to add more graphics card in the future and hoping GPU mining will be more profitable in the future.

Actually this is the problem with decentralization. When the entire world runs off a different rate you cannot have decentralization when the goal is low cost transactions.  Here’s the thing. Just because I dump all my hw. Don’t think I’m goin anywhere. I’ll be here for the next run to let people know just how this system works. At least for those that don’t have a million dollars and nuclear power plant at their disposal.  If you have to buy solar to mine you’ve already lost the battle. Roi will never happen.  Have some of these guys touting their solar to run some numbers for ya.  Just off the back of a napkin It’s laughable.  Anyway it’s game over for the little guys.  This will be no different than current system except some new people are now the first movers and could see some advantage for that.  Good for them. Let’s see if they do anything good in the world with that wealth. Most of what I see is selfish posts on when they can buy a lambo.  When moon lol.  Once I step back I see just how childish this all is.  And boy I bet I seemed stupid to my family for even believing in this shit.  Of course now that I walk away knowing that it will be pushed along because btc is tooo big to fail now.  Like everything else in this world.  What’s popular is not always right and what’s right is not always popular.(Einstein)

The system it has been puprported to replace is being ran by the very same people.  How did we think this would play out?   Ugh the more I think about this the more I wish someone would have smacked me back to reality.

BR
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1030
Privacy is always important
This is one of the problems when investing in mining if you are living in the country with high electricity rate mining is not profitable, you can get negative earnings from mining so in the end selling all GPU to cut the loses.

However, in my case, I have a small mining rig and free source of electricity and until now I'm mining with my small mining rig and honestly I'd like to add more graphics card in the future and hoping GPU mining will be more profitable in the future.
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
Next month will get worse, eth is reducing the reward, so expect all the coins to follow.
I think it's time Vosk. It's time. Time to walk up to your old boss, let him know you got rekt in crypto and beg for your old job back. Wink

Costs me sweet stuff all in electricity and I'm still getting some sort of profit out of them.

What's your projected ROI for solar? Assuming today's value as a worst case scenario?
Activity: 76
Merit: 1

Do you have net metering where you live?  If so you may be able to keep your mining equipment on a lot longer.  It depends on how much energy you can produce versus what you are consuming.  Also, I've been thinking of going solar myself...have to wait until the next bull run though.

wise decision on going solar. initial investment is high but you can recover it easily. and the good thing about it - it's free for the rest of your life.
Pages:
Jump to: