Pages:
Author

Topic: GPU mining Litecoins is slower than CPU - page 2. (Read 11926 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
I just realized that igpu probably doesn't stand for integrated gpu, does it?
All i know about igpus is that they come in laptops not sure what it actually means as i don't buy laptops with anything fancy in them.
Activity: 26
I just realized that igpu probably doesn't stand for integrated gpu, does it?
Oh, sorry if I came off as rude, I didn't mean to. But yeah, I forgot that it had "M" right in the name, as I usually just refer to it as 6750.
Maybe .. the mobile GPU is not suitable for mining..
no mobiles are really suitable for mining too much heat without a bunch airflow and if you are running on battery it wont last very long. For the cards specs i have a hard time believing that it will do 160 but the wiki has always proved good for me.
No, I'm not using the igpu, I am using the dedicated card, and where did I ever say I was using a laptop? But yes, I am on a Macbook Pro. CPU mining actually generates more heat than GPU. CPU mining gets me like 190F (around 90c) and gpu only heats it up to like 160F (like 75C)
and once you get that gpu pinned it will make alot more heat. try being a little less rude, makes you look like a idiot when you dont know what your talking about.
If you are using that card you are using a laptop it isnt rocket science do a little research on your card
Activity: 29
Maybe .. the mobile GPU is not suitable for mining..
No, I'm not using the igpu, I am using the dedicated card, and where did I ever say I was using a laptop? But yes, I am on a Macbook Pro. CPU mining actually generates more heat than GPU. CPU mining gets me like 190F (around 90c) and gpu only heats it up to like 160F (like 75C)
That card only comes in an Igpu
No, I'm not using the igpu, I am using the dedicated card, and where did I ever say I was using a laptop? But yes, I am on a Macbook Pro. CPU mining actually generates more heat than GPU for me. CPU mining gets me like 190F (around 90c) and gpu only heats it up to like 160F (like 75C)
watch that heat though minning is memory and engine intensive and a laptop isnt made to move alot of air. you can drop the mem and engine clocks and lower intensity to reduce heat but your hashing will slow down
wiki says 160 kh/s and it is a igpu   --thread-concurrency 4096 --gpu-memclock 1150 --gpu-engine 735 --worksize --intensity 16 -g1   
Out of curiosity, is it possible to concurrently mine LTC on a CPU and GPU?
Activity: 32
June 02, 2013, 11:30:49 PM
Try GUIminer
Activity: 32
June 02, 2013, 11:29:57 PM
FYI:
you probably want to stick to CPU mining on a laptop...The GPU typically wont help alot and produces significant heat. Your CPU is going to work well enough.

Now, trying to answer:
Are you maybe working off the iGPU, I know some amd GPU's do that to save power.
June 02, 2013, 11:01:26 PM
well, that just lowered my hashrate to 15khash/s. I find that the higher the work size the worse I do.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
June 02, 2013, 10:55:05 PM
found it in the scrypt readme --thread-concurrency
June 02, 2013, 10:51:39 PM
Well, it seems that i can't figure out the flag for thread concurrency...
June 02, 2013, 10:50:12 PM
to be honest, apart from being the size of work i have no idea, just some numbers with 3 settings to tweak 64, 128 and 256
June 02, 2013, 10:47:14 PM
Yeah, like I said, I'm new to bitcoin, so, what exactly is worksize? I also have no idea what thread concurrency is. But yeah, thanks, I will try that.
Pages:
Jump to: