Pages:
Author

Topic: GPU mining will die in 2018! - page 23. (Read 16860 times)

Activity: 100
Merit: 0
March 22, 2018, 02:47:48 PM

Mining lived, the mining is alive, the mining will be alive.
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1403
March 22, 2018, 02:45:59 PM
This year started pretty bad, if there were no asics, trust me profitability and altcoin market would be amazing right now. People would still be earning $4 per card on eth, zec would be around $5 per day. Asics kill any profitability and make any coin more centralized as the day goes.

I agree with you
People have to understand about everything, but they keep posting: GPU will never die, GPU forever...
Without knowing if they start to sell Equihash or Ethash Asics, it's probably the end...

There will be a lot of coins to mine for sure, but the difficulty will be insane for every coin, it's simple
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
March 22, 2018, 02:40:01 PM
This year started pretty bad, if there were no asics, trust me profitability and altcoin market would be amazing right now. People would still be earning $4 per card on eth, zec would be around $5 per day. Asics kill any profitability and make any coin more centralized as the day goes.
Activity: 299
Merit: 256
March 22, 2018, 08:30:54 AM
No, I don't think GPU mining will be dead soon. As long as it's profitable I'd prefer mining with GPU rather than ASICs, simply because once you miscalculated or gamble too much like with the D3 last year, those ASICs will

soon be a doorstop or even nice expensive heater that I don't need since I live in tropical area.
Activity: 38
March 22, 2018, 08:20:30 AM
Nvidia locks & encrypts their bios, fuck those guys; AMD FTW. Also last time I tried to buy Nvidia GPUs to build a test rig and try them out nvidia reps called the store and told them not to sell me any nvidia GPUs; so really fuck that company.

These guys has increased the marketshare to almost 70%, and has a 6.91 billions $ revenue. But yes, they don`t know what they are doing.

You seem to misunderstand my post, i'm claiming they're assholes.

I think this is starting to have notghing to do with the topic, just to explain what I want to say,  a company like nvidia deserves some respect, as they are selling every gpu they produce, and this means millions per year,  and they are increasing profits Quarter after Quarter, If you don`t like nvidia products or their policy about nvidia bios , well theres an easy solution, just don`t buy it, you can buy amd products.

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038
March 22, 2018, 08:01:47 AM
Nvidia locks & encrypts their bios, fuck those guys; AMD FTW. Also last time I tried to buy Nvidia GPUs to build a test rig and try them out nvidia reps called the store and told them not to sell me any nvidia GPUs; so really fuck that company.

These guys has increased the marketshare to almost 70%, and has a 6.91 billions $ revenue. But yes, they don`t know what they are doing.

You seem to misunderstand my post, i'm claiming they're assholes.
Activity: 38
March 22, 2018, 07:51:32 AM

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038
March 22, 2018, 03:43:38 AM
Activity: 124
March 22, 2018, 03:32:52 AM
Say, say a lot of things...!!! Some "predictors" predicted the death of Bitcoin and the whole crypto world... And? ...Almost all the way around-all only begins! Cool
Activity: 420
Merit: 10
March 21, 2018, 11:53:59 PM
How CPU mining die if we have algo which mines only on cpu, i dont talk about cryptonight
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
March 21, 2018, 11:38:43 PM
Yes, there's no ASIC for ethash and equihash... it's purely rumored, the purpose of it may be to create FUD among GPU miners. Contrary to OP's subject, Re: GPU mining will die in 2018!, I'm 1M% certain it will never die this 2018 and beyond. I think OP is referring to this thread in which he's 3 comments/posts.

Also, it's good to note that Nvidia is going to release New Card Good for Mining Ethash Coins, so if it's true (and not just pure FUD) that GPU mining will die in 2018, then Nvidia will never launch and/or manufacture dedicated mining graphics cards as these would be useless.

Check the post date troll, I'm the one who leaked everything and because of that they left me in the dark concerning cryptonight asic. No matter, you trolls will find out soon what is about to happen, so hang tight with your troll head and do not flinch cause clubs are taking heads out with just one swing hehe

It's all about competition and nvidia will price according to that.
Activity: 966
Merit: 275
March 21, 2018, 09:11:44 PM

Keep in mind that there are possible ASICS for ethash already for Q1, and even if ETH goes POS, ETC and other ethash coins will be only ASICS and if that happens only Equihash coins will be minable for a time and I have a word that there is already an ASIC in development for Equihash already and will start delivering in Q4 2018. As GPU mining keep gets scarce, other popular coins will have pumps and so ASICS will be born for them.

anyone whom believes there are or will be asic's for Ethash is a dumb fool, there will NEVER be asics for that algo or any other asic resistant algo. there called that for a reason, so if you caught word of there being such devices why don't you share the source otherwise you are just blowing smoke up everyones ass. SHOW US THE PROOF that there is going to be an asic for equihash and or ethash

Yes, there's no ASIC for ethash and equihash... it's purely rumored, the purpose of it may be to create FUD among GPU miners. Contrary to OP's subject, Re: GPU mining will die in 2018!, I'm 1M% certain it will never die this 2018 and beyond. I think OP is referring to this thread in which he's 3 comments/posts.

Also, it's good to note that Nvidia is going to release New Card Good for Mining Ethash Coins, so if it's true (and not just pure FUD) that GPU mining will die in 2018, then Nvidia will never launch and/or manufacture dedicated mining graphics cards as these would be useless.
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1403
March 21, 2018, 08:11:43 PM
I sold 10% of my "farm" to make some cash and be ready to buy new cards or even used cards if something crash and prices crashes too

Exciting times
Activity: 141
Merit: 4
ethereum is a fork of ethereum classic.
March 21, 2018, 07:14:56 PM
All you soy boy gonadal atrophic beta males don't have the cajones required for mining. Get off the network, unplug your single 1050ti, and I'll eat up your difficulty drop.
Activity: 74
March 21, 2018, 07:03:06 PM
New generation cards or mining gear would have nothing to do with the supply. The block time always stays constant. The difficulty will just increase as it has been. If 95% of the mining community decides to stop tomorrow, the difficulty will just lower drastically so the remaining 5% of miners can maintain the 15 second block time. So I wouldn't worry about new technology affecting coin supply.

ETH has too high of a supply. A block reward is given every 15 seconds. Since January around 4 million coins have been added to the ETH supply. And it is going to keep going. The sell walls are thick, and are getting thicker by the day. Unlikely to see a massive increase in price. There is no ETH limit at this time as far as I know. So simple supply and demand will drop the price more and more. We will see when POS happens what will happen to ETH and the price.

alot of wrong assumptions here, they eth supply is high because eth will be consumed
in large amounts at some point when dapps like Augur ,golem etc are live, Eth needs a higher supply than a static coin like bitcoin or lightcoin becuase people will have to give up eth to run most of these apps.  Eth gas price is low as hell right now but once gas prices go up , they will need that hefty supply to handle the apps .  Look at ada it has a supply in the billiona and its doing just fine.

the problem with eth right now is there are no dapps worth mentioning so we have a rising supply and nothing to spend ot on

That makes perfect sense.
Activity: 96
March 21, 2018, 05:39:34 PM
Yep im fed up with mining,  Gonna stick with trading and improve those skills instead, there's no real money to be made in mining other than to get ur roi back which makes you repeat that endless loop of buying new equipment just to ROI it and make very little.

Endless loop... you are right about that.
Activity: 846
Merit: 115
March 21, 2018, 05:26:22 PM
Yep im fed up with mining,  Gonna stick with trading and improve those skills instead, there's no real money to be made in mining other than to get ur roi back which makes you repeat that endless loop of buying new equipment just to ROI it and make very little.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
March 21, 2018, 05:05:19 PM
New generation cards or mining gear would have nothing to do with the supply. The block time always stays constant. The difficulty will just increase as it has been. If 95% of the mining community decides to stop tomorrow, the difficulty will just lower drastically so the remaining 5% of miners can maintain the 15 second block time. So I wouldn't worry about new technology affecting coin supply.

ETH has too high of a supply. A block reward is given every 15 seconds. Since January around 4 million coins have been added to the ETH supply. And it is going to keep going. The sell walls are thick, and are getting thicker by the day. Unlikely to see a massive increase in price. There is no ETH limit at this time as far as I know. So simple supply and demand will drop the price more and more. We will see when POS happens what will happen to ETH and the price.

alot of wrong assumptions here, they eth supply is high because eth will be consumed
in large amounts at some point when dapps like Augur ,golem etc are live, Eth needs a higher supply than a static coin like bitcoin or lightcoin becuase people will have to give up eth to run most of these apps.  Eth gas price is low as hell right now but once gas prices go up , they will need that hefty supply to handle the apps .  Look at ada it has a supply in the billiona and its doing just fine.

the problem with eth right now is there are no dapps worth mentioning so we have a rising supply and nothing to spend ot on
Activity: 74
March 21, 2018, 04:50:30 PM

Activity: 1036
Merit: 273
March 21, 2018, 10:09:43 AM
For me gpu mining is still advisable to use than asic miners.

Asic miners can only mine certain coins and once that coin go down asic miners can't change coins. Example situation is the antminer D3 that mine dash coins. When the asic was release the monthly profit was negative because of the electricity cost. So I had to stock my antminer and to wait for some news that d3 miner or dash coin will skyrocket and then I can profit from the 100k php I invested.
Pages:
Jump to: