Pages:
Author

Topic: gpu-watch: dynamic GPU temperature monitoring and fan control - page 2. (Read 13596 times)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0
How hard would it be to make this plot a curve based on a handful of user-provided points or a table? The configurable curve in MSI Afterburner is very nice for this purpose.

I'd certainly pay some kind of bounty to see that implemented.

Can't you do that with Overdrive in Windows and AmdOverdriveCtrl in Linux?

With AmdOverdriveCtrl you can do that. You can choose between steps, linear changes or bezier-curves. Works like a charm for me Smiley

The fan control worked great, but the over/underclocking part messes my GPU. This script seems like a nice and lean tool. Now I just need a simple tool that can set the clocks beyond what aticonfig allows.
Activity: 15
How hard would it be to make this plot a curve based on a handful of user-provided points or a table? The configurable curve in MSI Afterburner is very nice for this purpose.

With AmdOverdriveCtrl you can do that. You can choose between steps, linear changes or bezier-curves. Works like a charm for me Smiley
Activity: 14

I'm not sure but, I'm a fan of community built tools and given a choice I'd rather have it in something like this that I could potentially modifying and extend to my hearts content than vendor's potentially limited tools.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Activity: 14

URL: http://yyz.us/bitcoin/gpu-watch.py

This script will monitor all GPUs in a machine (by default, two), and control fan speed accordingly.

gpu-watch sleeps for N seconds, then samples the temperatures of all GPUs.  If the temperature is too low, fanspeed decreases by 5%.  If the temp is too high, fanspeed increases by 10%.

Settings:
poll.time: number of seconds to sleep between runs
card.first: id of first GPU
card.count: number of GPUs
temp.low: low temperature threshold, at which fan speed decreases
temp.high: high temperature threshold, at which fan speed increases

I run with temp.low==70 and temp.high==76.  If the range is too low, fan speed will constantly change.

Activity: 98
Merit: 13
URL: http://yyz.us/bitcoin/gpu-watch.py

This script will monitor all GPUs in a machine (by default, two), and control fan speed accordingly.

gpu-watch sleeps for N seconds, then samples the temperatures of all GPUs.  If the temperature is too low, fanspeed decreases by 5%.  If the temp is too high, fanspeed increases by 10%.

Settings:
poll_time: number of seconds to sleep between runs
card_first: id of first GPU
card_count: number of GPUs
temp_low: low temperature threshold, at which fan speed decreases
temp_high: high temperature threshold, at which fan speed increases

I run with temp_low==70 and temp_high==76.  If the range is too low, fan speed will constantly change.

Pages:
Jump to: