Pages:
Author

Topic: GPUs and FPGAs replace ASICs was Re: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com - page 2. (Read 1924 times)

Activity: 405
Merit: 255
@_vjy
Yes, my English is not the best and your math competence zero. Let me write this slowly because I know that you cannot read fast.
Calculating a hash takes <1s, due to a special condition it is a bit more complicated with Bitcoins. They way they do it today is Brute Force. ASICs are perfect for this.
Expensive in developing, very cheap in producing. But you cannot do anything else with them. Once they do not use Brute Force anymore, they are dead and GPUs are much faster,
because general purpose. Got it ?

Conan

even 10 years down the line, your gpu is not going to hash as much as an usb powered ASIC.

bitcoin ASICs are useless for anything other than hashing, but GPUs are now useless with bitcoin mining. world will never ever mine with GPUs again..
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
Hey,

I do not understand the discussion in here. Very soon, ASICs are history and replaced with GPUs and FPGAs. So where is the big deal ?

Conan

What on earth are you talking about?

About that GPUs and FPGA are faster then ASICs, they do not tell you so you can buy the ASICs like sheeps on the way to be slaughted.
Pure shovelselling.

Conan

I think his English is not the best and he implies that a gpu and fpga is a better buy.
We all know a gpu is not faster at sha256 compared to an asic, but with the way btc diff progresses I wouldn't buy into any of these sha miner pre orders, even the bitmain is too darn expensive based on mining profitability.

Yes, my English is not the best and your math competence zero. Let me write this slowly because I know that you cannot read fast.
Calculating a hash takes <1s, due to a special condition it is a bit more complicated with Bitcoins. They way they do it today is Brute Force. ASICs are perfect for this.
Expensive in developing, very cheap in producing. But you cannot do anything else with them. Once they do not use Brute Force anymore, they are dead and GPUs are much faster,
because general purpose. Got it ?

Conan
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
Hey,

I do not understand the discussion in here. Very soon, ASICs are history and replaced with GPUs and FPGAs. So where is the big deal ?

Conan

About that GPUs and FPGA are faster then ASICs, they do not tell you so you can buy the ASICs like sheeps on the way to be slaughted.
Pure shovelselling.

Conan

I think his English is not the best and he implies that a gpu and fpga is a better buy.
We all know a gpu is not faster at sha256 compared to an asic, but with the way btc diff progresses I wouldn't buy into any of these sha miner pre orders, even the bitmain is too darn expensive based on mining profitability.
Hey,

Conan

Pure shovelselling.

Conan
legendary
Activity: 938
LIR DEV
Hey,

Conan
This guy makes Jelin look like pure Genius.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Hey,

Conan

Hey,

Conan
Pages:
Jump to: