Pages:
Author

Topic: Grayscale keeps buying bitcoin. - page 2. (Read 276 times)

Activity: 2814
Merit: 518
November 16, 2020, 07:58:27 AM
They are buying more BTC for future purposes but this will not be correlated to the so-called 51% attack.

Grayscale is among the biggest purchasers of Bitcoin. Its total investments comprise 2.29% of Bitcoin’s entire market cap.

Even Grayscale will accumulate more Bitcoin but still, they can't control the market. I can't remember also that Satoshi puts a limit and everyone still free to get more as long as he/she is cap[able of buying it and use for legal purposes. I shouldn't have to hold them either but to let people doing it until the entire 21million BTC will be mined.
Activity: 42
Merit: 1
November 16, 2020, 07:52:30 AM
I understand that Satoshi meant 51% hashrate, I just made a comparison but as in the previous reply mentioned that Grayscale accumulated on 2.29% of the entire BTC market cap it's not that large.

There's no correlation between 51% attack and have lots of Bitcoin. What you need for 51% attack is 51% hashrate, which means lots of ASIC or access to ASIC.
Activity: 2618
Merit: 548
SecureShift.io | Crypto-Exchange
November 16, 2020, 07:23:44 AM
The biggest crypto fund Grayscale Bitcoin Trust bought another 15 114 BTC last week and fund's crypto AUM is almost $10B with 506 000 BTC. In my opinion such BTC stockpiling can be dangerous like a 51% attack but I didn't find any information is Satoshi Nakomoto ever mentioned that.
The possible chances for the 51% attack is very low. As of now the holdings Grayscale own contributes 2.29% of entire marketcap of bitcoin. With this it looks like Grayscale staking the bitcoins at regular time interval. Satoshi wanted things to be used without large scale accumulation. 2.29% doesn't look like a big accumulation.
Activity: 42
Merit: 1
November 16, 2020, 07:13:59 AM
The biggest crypto fund Grayscale Bitcoin Trust bought another 15 114 BTC last week and fund's crypto AUM is almost $10B with 506 000 BTC. In my opinion such BTC stockpiling can be dangerous like a 51% attack but I didn't find any information is Satoshi Nakomoto ever mentioned that.
Pages:
Jump to: