Pages:
Author

Topic: Greek crisis - page 3. (Read 2429 times)

Activity: 547
Merit: 502
July 14, 2015, 09:34:47 PM
DO you think Greek crisis is good tourism? Will the Greek crisis make travel there cheaper ? Will the economic turmoil in Greece frighten or attract tourists?

I can tell you that I will leave to Greece for holiday and I am rather scared.

I don't know if the food will be fresh or will exist at all.
I don't know if the VAT will rise until I'll get there.
I am scared that there may come strikes and there will be no place where to buy gas (already had that experience once, about 5 years ago).
And let's not talk about the state of their medical system, I really hope to not get there...

So the damage is done, the tourists are more frightened.

Greece is one of the most beautiful places to visit along with the amazing food.  In this situation, don't count on ATM's or banks being liquid thus carry extra cash.  Also allow for extra travel time as there may be public worker strikes.

Don't let a few bad apples (politicians) influence your thoughts of Greece as a whole.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Thug for life!
July 14, 2015, 07:50:47 PM
So more to the Greece crisis is not the Greece health crisis coming to play with a government debt of 1.2 billon euro http://money.cnn.com/2015/07/10/news/economy/greece-health-care-crisis/?sr=cnnifb
Poor Greece.
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
July 14, 2015, 10:41:33 AM
Check the actual data. The prices are actually going to get more expensive for tourists, so less incentive to visit the place. Not only it's a place prone to conflict now because of austerity, but they'll make it more expensive for tourists too.
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
July 14, 2015, 06:33:54 AM
DO you think Greek crisis is good tourism? Will the Greek crisis make travel there cheaper ? Will the economic turmoil in Greece frighten or attract tourists?

I am scared that there may come strikes and there will be no place where to buy gas (already had that experience once, about 5 years ago).
And let's not talk about the state of their medical system, I really hope to not get there...

Go and make your own picture. What you see is just the media, bad news travels fast. Go for culture, Greece is amazing.

As i said, I will go. A lot of people cancelled their holidays, but I didn't.
I has in Greece 3 times already, so I am more confident than others. But, as I stated, I still have ... some fears on this subject.
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
www.licx.io
July 13, 2015, 11:38:04 PM

Go and make your own picture. What you see is just the media, bad news travels fast. Go for culture, Greece is amazing.
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
July 13, 2015, 02:07:36 PM

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
July 13, 2015, 01:59:20 PM
banks are still close in till Thursday now it makes me think how long would the bail out money will last for the Greece government, the bail out is not for the people is for the poor economy the government has put is people in, i bet a lot of people are going to withdraw their money from the bank and get the hell out of Greece.
legendary
Activity: 938
July 13, 2015, 01:05:06 PM
Maybe is not a good moment to travel to Greek yet until financial services are stable.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
July 13, 2015, 02:36:48 AM
there are some news regarding how cheap are the houses there or small mansion with pool, it could attract some other european people, who want to spend few money and have a great place to enjoy their summer

so it is definitely good for tourism, and for saving money, at least for this year and especially for summer, i'm not sure about winter...
Activity: 994
July 13, 2015, 02:30:12 AM
People in Greece have been making a lot of financial sacrifices and clearly unhappy with the circumstances. The whole world knows that Greece made a default and also about how their banks are shut off, how people are really messed up there. It will affect the tourism for quite a while, so they can lower the tourism prices to attract tourists but I don't think it would even matter. Nobody will care about Greece for a couple years now..
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
July 13, 2015, 02:21:46 AM
If there isn't too much social unrest then no it won't frighten off the Tourists..The only thing it is affecting is the local tourism from the locals..Many Greeks this year can't afford to go to thew Islands and are staying home at local beaches instead, making day trips to the beach as opposed to taking a proper hotel break.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Get Free Mobile Data http://get.kickbit.com/1/oexq
July 13, 2015, 12:02:09 AM
I think it would frighten tourists if anything due to the fact that the economy ain't too great. I mean currently there seems to be social unrest among the Greek youth and that isn't really great for tourists either.

As for the issue on the price of travel, I believe the cost of travel will go down due to the reduced amount of tourists
Activity: 826
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
July 12, 2015, 10:28:22 PM
Pages:
Jump to: