Pages:
Author

Topic: Greek on-line merchants? - page 2. (Read 1258 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 501
July 06, 2015, 02:13:09 PM
I am not familiar with Greek online shops but I imagine they have similar services like everyone else: some major online shops or platform like ebay.
In its current messy economic condition I think whoever first introduce bitcoin acceptance will win the jackpot. The only problem is if people running these shops would take that risk.

There are probably people accepting Bitcoin, the main problem is Bitcoin is still too small for it to go beyond the knowledgeable people, most people are clueless.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004
July 06, 2015, 11:46:24 AM
I am not familiar with Greek online shops but I imagine they have similar services like everyone else: some major online shops or platform like ebay.
In its current messy economic condition I think whoever first introduce bitcoin acceptance will win the jackpot. The only problem is if people running these shops would take that risk.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Loose lips sink sigs!
July 06, 2015, 11:27:22 AM
Bitcoin could fill a gap here but it has to be driven by the retailers. If the retailers don't provide the option for payment they'll never know if consumers want to use it, and it also helps introduce consumers to it as a payment option.

I doubt the domestic online retailers are doing that poorly, I believe the restriction on online payments was to international destinations. Greece retailers should focus on international sales, that country needs to import money as fast as it can.
legendary
Activity: 1615
Merit: 1000
July 06, 2015, 02:27:37 AM
How are Greek webstores etc. handling payments now that capital controls are in place? I'd imagine it has to be a problem for merchants serving the domestic market as well as those with foreign customers. It's my understanding Greeks don't shop online nearly as much as other Europeans, but this still seems like a niche where Bitcoin could genuinely be useful as a payment method.
Pages:
Jump to: