Pages:
Author

Topic: Green Energy. DIY and other stuff. - page 2. (Read 1334 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500
hyperboria - next internet
May 18, 2015, 07:31:18 AM
Hey everyone.

So..

I love the idea of green energy and my country (Denmark) is fighting a lot for it.. Yay!

But.. To the point..

I have a few questions Smiley

1. Do you have any sort of green energy source at home?
- If yes which one Smiley
- And pictures if you have any!!

2. Do you wish to switch from forsile fuel to green energy or is it too expensive?
- Dont answer if you answered yes in number 1 Tongue

AND.. Do you have any funny DIY projects with solar energy or something alike?
I want to make something.. Just not sure on what it should be yes.. Maybe a Bitcoin miner with the USB miners I have and a raspberry pi.
Sun comes up and it poweres on. And when its night time, it goes off.

NO

2. Do you wish to switch from forsile fuel to green energy or is it too expensive?
YES

Green energy eventually will cost your more than energy from a fossil fuel. and it has more impact on enviroment couz production and srvicing of a solar panels cost way more than establishing a "normal" source of an energy.

legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
May 18, 2015, 05:38:15 AM
Most people are living paycheck to paycheck and thus don't have the luxury of experimenting w/ alternative forms of energy. Usually, you buy a house and just go w/ what is offered. Those who're interested in getting off the grid tend to look into solar panels and stuff.
This is because people chose wrong study paths and do something ordinary in their life. That's their fault. My parents didn't chose something that unique but they did find great jobs (for where we are).
People make irrational decisions when they chose a major.
I'm pretty sure no doctor or person working in IT has problems affording these things.
http://www.amazon.de/Brennenstuhl-Solar-Energie-Set-P4033-1171950/dp/B00569KBSQ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1431924128&sr=8-4&keywords=solar+panels

Here's an example; with the discount it is $330 which isn't expensive.

It depends heavily on the country you are living in. Many people cant go to collage because they need to go to work, not everybody can count on there parents for whatever reason. Also some people choose wrong because education system is ill and cannot help young people in that matter. And of course there are many that actually chose wrong or didn't pay attention to their future.

Well, most countries are not having problems..
What you are describing sounds more like 3rd world countries and those can ofc not change because of the massive corruption from politicians and police/army forces.
legendary
Activity: 1288
May 18, 2015, 03:26:35 AM
Most people are living paycheck to paycheck and thus don't have the luxury of experimenting w/ alternative forms of energy. Usually, you buy a house and just go w/ what is offered. Those who're interested in getting off the grid tend to look into solar panels and stuff.
This is because people chose wrong study paths and do something ordinary in their life. That's their fault. My parents didn't chose something that unique but they did find great jobs (for where we are).
I'm pretty sure no doctor or person working in IT has problems affording these things.
http://www.amazon.de/Brennenstuhl-Solar-Energie-Set-P4033-1171950/dp/B00569KBSQ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1431924128&sr=8-4&keywords=solar+panels

It depends heavily on the country you are living in. Many people cant go to collage because they need to go to work, not everybody can count on there parents for whatever reason. Also some people choose wrong because education system is ill and cannot help young people in that matter. And of course there are many that actually chose wrong or didn't pay attention to their future.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
May 18, 2015, 12:43:10 AM

legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001
May 17, 2015, 09:26:14 PM
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
May 17, 2015, 06:32:41 PM
I would get solar panel if they were a good deal.
legendary
May 17, 2015, 04:13:28 PM
I rarely see any solar panels or similar energy sources where I live (unimportant).
I would definitely love to do stuff with solar energy in the future when it becomes cheaper and efficient in the future. There is just so much potential in that, but the current efficiency and price are just not there.

According to this: http://cleantechnica.com/2014/02/02/which-solar-panels-most-efficient/
it is 21,5% for commercial applications which is quite low. The most efficient ones are 46% efficient solar cells by Soitec & Fraunhofer Institute; although they are quite expensive thus they are irrelevant to the public.
Imagine if we get 50% efficient residential panels? Solar plants would quickly boom.

Yea.. Would be awesome if they became cheaper.
When I move away from my parents (Im 18)
Then im gonna invest in either 100W or 200W panels and see if I can store the energy or just throw it directly into use Tongue
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
May 17, 2015, 04:11:00 PM
I rarely see any solar panels or similar energy sources where I live (unimportant).
I would definitely love to do stuff with solar energy in the future when it becomes cheaper and efficient in the future. There is just so much potential in that, but the current efficiency and price are just not there.

According to this: http://cleantechnica.com/2014/02/02/which-solar-panels-most-efficient/
it is 21,5% for commercial applications which is quite low. The most efficient ones are 46% efficient solar cells by Soitec & Fraunhofer Institute; although they are quite expensive thus they are irrelevant to the public.
Imagine if we get 50% efficient residential panels? Solar plants would quickly boom.
legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094
May 17, 2015, 04:09:59 PM
I don't have green energy at my home but my mom's friend was working on a project to generate electricity from sunlight. It's quite expensive though and many have not showed trust in green energy.
legendary
May 17, 2015, 03:32:05 PM
Hey everyone.

So..

I love the idea of green energy and my country (Denmark) is fighting a lot for it.. Yay!

But.. To the point..

I have a few questions Smiley

- If yes which one Smiley
- And pictures if you have any!!

- Dont answer if you answered yes in number 1 Tongue

AND.. Do you have any funny DIY projects with solar energy or something alike?
I want to make something.. Just not sure on what it should be yes.. Maybe a Bitcoin miner with the USB miners I have and a raspberry pi.
Sun comes up and it poweres on. And when its night time, it goes off.
Pages:
Jump to: