Pages:
Author

Topic: Gridseed Asic Miner Preview - page 2. (Read 6743 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 500
einc.io
January 31, 2014, 12:30:00 AM
I never mined LTC before, I trade some BTC for LTC.
I have always mined BTC except for 2 days I have mined Solidcoin.
After that I alway look down at altcoins.

There are recently events in LTC land that trigger my instinct.
I recently download LTC client and made a wallet to start collecting LTC.
They are cheap now, but not for long.
Activity: 630
Merit: 501
Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.
January 31, 2014, 12:19:09 AM
When this stuff flood the market, LTC will become harder to mine.
I hope the LTC prize also going up.
I already start to collect LTC. Grin

When more of these ship LTC won't be Easy2Mine (sorry couldn't resist  Wink) Anymore. That will also hopefully drive the LTC value up.
Activity: 854
einc.io
January 31, 2014, 12:08:41 AM
When this stuff flood the market, LTC will become harder to mine.
I hope the LTC prize also going up.
I already start to collect LTC. Grin
Activity: 742
January 30, 2014, 09:43:12 PM
So after all the talk: The unanswered question: where to buy?

HASHRA.com XD they are the only place I think aren't scammers and have some in stock (I could be wrong but they lok good and sound genuine)

Negative - ref - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4835934

I doubt there is "much" stock of these anywhere since the CNY... one would expect Mid-Feb shipping on anything gridseed
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
January 30, 2014, 09:34:32 PM

HASHRA.com XD they are the only place I think aren't scammers and have some in stock (I could be wrong but they lok good and sound genuine)
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
January 30, 2014, 09:29:39 PM
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
January 30, 2014, 09:11:55 PM
Good, keep the price high.  We need to keep asics away from scrypt.

Keeping the prices is high is not going to keep ASICs away from Scrypt.  They're coming.  You can either adapt and join the ASIC revolution or die out like those mining BTC with GPUs who refused to conform did.

I cannot agree more. Seems some forget about the 1st bitcoin ASIC generation ROI.

But you guys should not miss the next one which will be released on Feb for scrypt only like 3MH per, revealed by the gridseed company's official post.

So how about 2nd Gen 30 000 Kh/s for $2000 in February? Do I have your attention?

Yeah I agrre with the BTC ones had a quick ROI, but these scrypt ones don't offer as much of a benefit as the BTC ones did, if LTC goes up then yeah it will have the same ROI but if it doesn't go up tat much it won't.

If I buy 10 ASIC miners (gridseed) they will net me 3-3.6M/hash for £1550+ but for that I could build a mining rig (GPU) and net about another 1M/hash so about 4-4.6M/hash in total, yeah they may use more power, but in the cold weather like now they can heat up my house XD so it will lower my heating costs and the excess power that the GPU miner will use will be ofset by the other 1M/hash (and then some).

So batch 1 of the scrypt asics won't be that great, but I think that when gen 2 comes around that will be the end of GPU mining forever (unless scrypt coins all do a hard fork to increase the memory needed so they are then rendered useless so no point of having them.

I take that back, as AMD and Nvidia (only AMD im worried about) in 2014 are going to be brining out their 20nm manufacturing process in GPU making and GDDR6 (maybe 2015) but they predict the speed of 1 single card with GDDR6 RAM and 20nm manufacturing process can net ~2M/hash at the same cost of a 280x or 7970 today, so I am not too worried yet, I will be if they bring out like a 1G/hash one in the next few years XD

Just my 2 cents

Edit-Also the 30M/hash one you're on about I think you might have taken the total for ALL 10 GRIDSEEDS in a pack which nets 3M/hash in total (330K/hash per usb device (10 of them for £1550+)
Activity: 770
January 30, 2014, 01:57:06 PM
Good, keep the price high.  We need to keep asics away from scrypt.

Keeping the prices is high is not going to keep ASICs away from Scrypt.  They're coming.  You can either adapt and join the ASIC revolution or die out like those mining BTC with GPUs who refused to conform did.

I cannot agree more. Seems some forget about the 1st bitcoin ASIC generation ROI.

But you guys should not miss the next one which will be released on Feb for scrypt only like 3MH per, revealed by the gridseed company's official post.

So how about 2nd Gen 30 000 Kh/s for $2000 in February? Do I have your attention?
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
January 30, 2014, 01:50:15 PM
There is so much electricity and computing power getting wasted in mining Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Good profitable business for the companies making required hardware  Grin

I was planning to start mining but decided otherwise considering the costs associated with and decided to play safe to invest in some a other digital currency like litecoin or XNF-NoFiatCoin which does not  make a hole in pocket. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
January 30, 2014, 01:32:38 PM
Good, keep the price high.  We need to keep asics away from scrypt.

Keeping the prices is high is not going to keep ASICs away from Scrypt.  They're coming.  You can either adapt and join the ASIC revolution or die out like those mining BTC with GPUs who refused to conform did.
legendary
Activity: 1512
January 30, 2014, 01:30:52 PM
GPU's can be sold on eBay for almost the same price as when you bought them, and also you can use GPU's for actually playing games on your computer. Gridchips? Not so much.

How do you know?  Could you point me to where you tried to sell Gridchips and failed?
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
January 30, 2014, 07:19:03 AM
GPU's can be sold on eBay for almost the same price as when you bought them, and also you can use GPU's for actually playing games on your computer. Gridchips? Not so much.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
January 29, 2014, 06:47:47 PM
where is that evidence of them burning out?
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007
Live like there is no tomorrow!
January 29, 2014, 06:45:26 PM
That's great! Have fun with those great miners.

Would love to buy a few of them someday. If your electicity price is high, such devices are great.
Activity: 346
January 29, 2014, 06:44:41 PM
The only reason I want it is because the room I have everything set up in (bitcoin & litecoin miners), its VERY hot in that room. It heats up the rest of the house, and I dont need heat in Miami. Also the heat from the GPUs heat up the bitcoin ASIC's WAY too much. I want something cooler, but I'm not going to be paying a premium for it. If I can get them at a good price, I'm right on board to buy 20 of them.
Activity: 238
January 29, 2014, 06:39:57 PM
Good, keep the price high.  We need to keep asics away from scrypt.
Activity: 798
www.DonateMedia.org
January 29, 2014, 06:37:47 PM
Nice to see Gridchips out in the wild, though these miners are quite odd. They couldn't have made them any more difficult to scale neatly, a more traditional board would have been better. But I suppose these are also a beta run of Gridseed based machines. I'm sure there will be plenty more to follow once chips are broadly available.

By my analysis these are 19x more power efficient than a GPU, so for the up front price you are actually getting quite a savings on power use, and are much easier to scale up compared to hot, power hungry GPUs.

The fact that a cheaper GPU gives you better hash/$ is only half of the story you need to look at. Power efficiency, ease of management (time wasted on rig maintenance and setup), and ability to scale are are important factors as well.

legendary
Activity: 1232
January 29, 2014, 06:24:59 PM
Looks like that these are not fully stable at this point, one guy in that forum got 3 miners burned, out of the 10 he bought.

link please? whats the warranty on these things?
Activity: 224
January 29, 2014, 06:03:56 PM
Looks like that these are not fully stable at this point, one guy in that forum got 3 miners burned, out of the 10 he bought.
Activity: 213
January 29, 2014, 05:08:30 PM
I think that these are great for miners who have maxed out their electrical/cooling capacity or their spouses tolerance for gpu fan noise Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: