Pages:
Author

Topic: Grin Coin : Not just a new currency in the list. - page 2. (Read 331 times)

Activity: 2338
Merit: 757
Seeing its function looks easy and certainly many will be interested in Grin coins.
It's not that easy you can imagine; there is no wallet addresses with Grin, neither a traceble transactions. A lot to say about its infinite supply and how it ensures scalabitity towards inflation (in long term run).
And as BitMaxz said: "if you don't have knowledge in Linux you can't easily use it the same as bitcoin."
Activity: 322
Merit: 2
I have heard rumors on this coin and got me FOMOed because of its popularity. And it is a good alternative for making payment system. I hope that this coin will survive from any market low attacks and well see this coin boom in the future.
Activity: 490
Merit: 11
Revolutionizing Crypto Payment Solutions
This Grin coin looks attractive and is used in forums to get copper membership, maybe for beginners it really needs this coin so that any difficult mining must be able to be reached or learned. Seeing its function looks easy and certainly many will be interested in Grin coins.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 5622
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
For now, I can't see the future of this coin the same as other people said but since the admin support the grin coin as an alternative payment method for buying copper membership I feel that the grin coin can be trending soon as same happen on ethereum years ago.

I am also intrigued about this coin, because theymos is supporting it. He really saw potential in this coin, because as far as I know he never supported any other other coin before (please correct me if I am wrong). I value his opinion a lot, as many people do.

I need to read a bit more about grin , as I didn't get what is fantastic about it yet.

There are some things I didn't like... Unlimited supply,  hard to use wallets (just Linux), hard to send /receive coins.... I saw some good points also, as companies are already developing hardware for grin mining, anonymous privacy... But bitcoin can do those good things as well (except for gpu mining for now)
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014
I tested the coin for 2 types of sending option(I don't know if the coin has other payment option) via slate file or sending coin via HTTP/HTTPS and this is not easy to use
This is big problem. Bitcoin is easy and still very hard to some. If this is harder im not forseeing future for this coin.
Anyway, got me interested a little bit by your research i will dig into it now to be able to help others later on.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 2971
Block halving is coming.
For now, I can't see the future of this coin the same as other people said but since the admin support the grin coin as an alternative payment method for buying copper membership I feel that the grin coin can be trending soon as same happen on ethereum years ago.

I don't know if other cryptos can be affected by this coin but since grin have these feature privacy and anonymous transaction people will love this. This is what I see about this coin.

I tested the coin for 2 types of sending option(I don't know if the coin has other payment option) via slate file or sending coin via HTTP/HTTPS and this is not easy to use and also it also has unique feature compared to other new coins.

I tried mining with gtx1070ti with this coin but the coins that I mined takes longer to mature and almost the transaction takes longer to receive if you transfer them to exchanges based on my experienced.

Also, this coin doesn't have a windows wallet and you can have a grin wallet if you have a Linux OS installed. You can generate a new wallet via command and you can send grin coin via command. so if you don't have knowledge in Linux you can't easily use it the same as bitcoin.
Activity: 2338
Merit: 757
From a couple of days, it took my attention the discussions and news about Grin. As i understood, Grin has different caracteristics from what we used to know about a coin in a Blockchain; there is no addresses to send to/from, transactions are made in a different way so they are not recorded. For now, it requires some setup to use it and limited to win10 64bits to run the wallet (best way to run it on Linux) sadly am a win user. Grin already traded on those platforms: https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/grin
Official discussion about Grin: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-grin-pow-mining-electronic-transactions-for-all-community-driven-5090427 (you should read it)
Grin is accepted as official payement method on bitcointalk forum when to buy a Copper-Membership account as mentioned by the admin: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/grin-is-now-accepted-for-forum-payments-5098450
Grin is a project developped by developers from all over the world and it's completely decentralized.
Website https://grin-tech.org/
Github https://github.com/mimblewimble/grin/

What do you know about running Grin wallet?
What do you think about Grin? Is it really that Grin can put all the cryptocurrencies in inconfortable situation? Share your knowledge
Pages:
Jump to: