Pages:
Author

Topic: Grin Mining (Cuckoo Cycle) - page 3. (Read 3268 times)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
January 19, 2019, 07:19:13 AM
anyone know work pool for grin coin? I have tryed with grinmint.com and its looks like scam. My miner work but there is no anyone on dashboard
Activity: 236
Merit: 16
January 19, 2019, 06:21:55 AM

anyway, coin is out 2 days and an asic is announced...if the grin coin devs were smart they'd announce if that happens they will kill the asic with an algo change...by the end of the week

crypto always a circus.

They intentionally targeted an ASIC friendly algorithm and want ASICs to join the network. Obelisk worked with Grin's team while implementing their prototypes, even though they weren't directly contracted.
Activity: 444
Merit: 31
Still a manic miner
January 18, 2019, 09:45:07 PM

IMHO, the mimblewimble (spelling?) is a protocol...and grin coin has this as its ONLY angle for a coin. What happens when a mess of altcoins, that have watched 95% or whatever

value decrease..and are having a pity party and say wtf...and add mimblewimble(spelling?) to their coin that says has other angles and hooks in their protocol besides just the grin

mimblewimble protocol? Would not grin, as a 1 coin wonder, not be lost in the shuffle of other altcoins also getting the protocol?

Also, this may be the kiss of death on grin coin

it has been out 2 days or so ..and they are making an ASIC Smiley

https://obelisksc1store.tech/product/obelisk-grn1/

everybody and his brother ...IMHO..with the large value drop.... will add this protocol in some manner...as a new hook for their altcoins IMHO....in that mimblewimble was originally

made to add on to Bitcoin...I don't see this as an issue...

anyway, coin is out 2 days and an asic is announced...if the grin coin devs were smart they'd announce if that happens they will kill the asic with an algo change...by the end of the week

crypto always a circus.

why is there GRIN 29 and GRIN 31 algos?? gpu and asic versions?
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
January 18, 2019, 05:44:42 PM

IMHO, the mimblewimble (spelling?) is a protocol...and grin coin has this as its ONLY angle for a coin. What happens when a mess of altcoins, that have watched 95% or whatever

value decrease..and are having a pity party and say wtf...and add mimblewimble(spelling?) to their coin that says has other angles and hooks in their protocol besides just the grin

mimblewimble protocol? Would not grin, as a 1 coin wonder, not be lost in the shuffle of other altcoins also getting the protocol?

Also, this may be the kiss of death on grin coin

it has been out 2 days or so ..and they are making an ASIC Smiley

https://obelisksc1store.tech/product/obelisk-grn1/

everybody and his brother ...IMHO..with the large value drop.... will add this protocol in some manner...as a new hook for their altcoins IMHO....in that mimblewimble was originally

made to add on to Bitcoin...I don't see this as an issue...

crypto always a circus.

Activity: 247
Merit: 40
January 18, 2019, 06:53:23 AM
Yeah what we ended up doing is setting up a VM using Virtualbox for Linux. Download the wallet there.
We plan to write follow up guide on this for Windows users.
Activity: 146
Merit: 10
January 18, 2019, 06:49:30 AM
We just published a Step by Step guide on how to mine Grin as we have done so ourselves here. Thought would be good to share, but Windows only for now Smiley

https://www.coingecko.com/buzz/how-to-mine-grin

Nice, already mining. Smiley

But no windows wallet, just for linux and OSX?  Sad
Activity: 247
Merit: 40
January 18, 2019, 05:22:43 AM
We just published a Step by Step guide on how to mine Grin as we have done so ourselves here. Thought would be good to share, but Windows only for now Smiley

https://www.coingecko.com/buzz/how-to-mine-grin
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
January 18, 2019, 04:40:37 AM
Im attempting to mine Grincoin using gringold miner and f2pool.  When I start the miner it recognized the 7 1070 8gb gpus.  When it gets to the 5th, 6th and 7th, card I get a Video Memory Error.  What do I need to do to get all 7 cards mining?

Make your virtual memory 56 gigabytes.

Thank you very much.  That did it.

I'm glad it worked for you. Miner needs like 7-8 gb virtual memory per card, maybe it can do it with lower, but i'm to lazy to test it Smiley.
I have read the GPU mining guide and yes, it really requires around that size to be able to mine grin.
Activity: 129
January 17, 2019, 11:29:58 PM
Only getting about 1 graph per second lol. Not enough video cards for me to mine.
Activity: 282
Merit: 100
January 16, 2019, 03:11:06 AM
Im attempting to mine Grincoin using gringold miner and f2pool.  When I start the miner it recognized the 7 1070 8gb gpus.  When it gets to the 5th, 6th and 7th, card I get a Video Memory Error.  What do I need to do to get all 7 cards mining?

I'm glad it worked for you. Miner needs like 7-8 gb virtual memory per card, maybe it can do it with lower, but i'm to lazy to test it Smiley.
Activity: 208
Merit: 3
January 16, 2019, 03:09:33 AM
What is the improvement compared to Monero or Dash ?
Activity: 155
Merit: 6
January 16, 2019, 02:51:15 AM

Activity: 282
Merit: 100
January 16, 2019, 02:22:05 AM

Activity: 155
Merit: 6
January 16, 2019, 02:16:59 AM
Activity: 26
Merit: 1
January 16, 2019, 12:20:29 AM
Having an extremely tough genesis block - fair mining or not?  Grin Personally yes, since it prevents people from gaming the blockchain in the beginning and is generally pretty fair for everyone, despite only finding the first block few hours later.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 487
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
January 15, 2019, 11:23:52 PM
put together a video guide on how to mine grin on windows + linux -- hope it helps Cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oA4HsVOfH6k
copper member
Activity: 69
January 15, 2019, 01:23:53 AM
GRIN's mainnet is expected to be launched around January 15, 2019(UTC). BitMesh will open GRIN deposit and withdrawal as soon as GRIN's mainnet becomes online. https://bitmesh.com/exchange?market=btc_grin#/
Activity: 55
January 12, 2019, 06:01:56 AM
Mining GRIN and stacking LUDOS (after ICO) and Zil are my only plays for 2019. Will GRIN become unmineable soon?
Activity: 236
Merit: 16
January 12, 2019, 01:05:39 AM
What are your CPU hashrates like? I'm seeing 0.3 g/s on some Ivy Bridge procs using Cuckatoo.
Activity: 700
Merit: 251
January 12, 2019, 12:50:06 AM
transactions which are quite unique but good to have. Besides Grin provide services that are quite practical and are also safer to use for transactions as well as storage. This is a form of modern mining system is good and will be very useful to use.
Pages:
Jump to: