Pages:
Author

Topic: GTA V PC first impressions - page 2. (Read 1228 times)

Activity: 295
Merit: 250
Nenávist má sestru, to je závist.
April 20, 2015, 01:13:45 AM
I am a big pc game fan but I find all of the Grandtheft Auto games incredibly hard to play with mouse and keyboard.

Do you know have using the mouse while driving to shoot or look around?

I just end up lost and miss everything.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023
April 19, 2015, 12:42:09 PM
I'm enjoying this game so far and I expect new patches and drivers to be released over time that improve the performance.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1014
In Satoshi I Trust
April 19, 2015, 10:32:03 AM
i played it on PS3 and liked it very much. cool game  Cool !
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
April 19, 2015, 07:29:22 AM
I've played all of them.

GTA SA beats everything- hands down.

I quite like the Radios on V, that's just my personal preference though. I'm not sure whether to get it on PC or on PS4. I feel I have more fun playing games on PS4. On PC I'm a lot more competitive- I play a lot of fps games. Since it's more of a mess around game I'll probably get it on PS4, however, that 4k screenshots I've seen made me jizz.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007
April 19, 2015, 03:34:24 AM
Also the soundtrack is worse than real-life radio.

GTA III, Vice City and SA have taste alteringly awesome music.

GTA V has such garbage that you instantly turn to talk radio which is decent (not as good as the previous games however).

The maps look pretty but feel uninspired compared to Vice City and San Andreas. Maybe after getting used to the map in V (which is unlikely as it is the first GTA game that feels like a chore instead of fun to me therefore I don't play it very much)

It is semi-enjoyable and that is perhaps because cars explode out of nowhere for some reason killing you. The damage they take seems insignificant (cosmetically), the physics feel shitty, the cars feel sluggish and like they are powered by engines of 1/10 the power that they should.

Semi-enjoyable is my weasel way of saying it's not fun.
I take it I am the only one here who did enjoy the music on the radio. It really wasn't that bad.  Roll Eyes
copper member
Activity: 3948
Merit: 2201
Verified awesomeness ✔
April 18, 2015, 05:55:54 PM
You've played vice city. So tell me this. (about my soundtrack comments).

Really?

Also what about character development and story.

The end of Vice city makes me jizz in my pants. Tommy Vercetti is an awesome satirical asshole, and all fun. Lance is (spoiler alert) a backstabbing asshole because he feels he has been unfairly treated (which is hilarious).

Rosenberg's character was also very funny as well as countless others.

My first impressions thing still stands. Perhaps having not played the game enough I haven't learned to enjoy it. I remember I never had to do this for Vice City though.
I haven't played Single Player that much, but I like how the characters are as of right now (except the superpowers of course). Franklin and Michael are amazing together and don't get me started on Trevor/Lester. Could be a matter of taste of course.
Activity: 1492
Merit: 763
Life is a taxable event
April 18, 2015, 05:53:17 PM
I disagree with you on (almost) all points. I mean, the superpower part is pretty stupid, but everything is well done. Cars, well, feel like cars. They slide horribly, just like real life cars and fast cars feel fast to me. I never had problems with randomly exploding cars nor have I had the feeling that physics are fucked, damage you receive or deal seems reasonable as well. Don't get me started on all the other amazing stuff they added, lip syncing, shitload of references, amazingly bad/wrong radio ads, stalking people will make them uncomfortable, etc.

Not sure which games you normally play KonstantinosM, but GTA V beats Vice City (which was my favorite GTA game) and makes my panties wet

You've played vice city. So tell me this. (about my soundtrack comments).

Really?

Also what about character development and story.

The end of Vice city makes me jizz in my pants. Tommy Vercetti is an awesome satirical asshole, and all fun. Lance is (spoiler alert) a backstabbing asshole because he feels he has been unfairly treated (which is hilarious).

Rosenberg's character was also very funny as well as countless others.

My first impressions thing still stands. Perhaps having not played the game enough I haven't learned to enjoy it. I remember I never had to do this for Vice City though.
copper member
Activity: 3948
Merit: 2201
Verified awesomeness ✔
April 18, 2015, 05:45:25 PM
I disagree with you on (almost) all points. I mean, the superpower part is pretty stupid and the radio music they added is quite bad, but everything is pretty well done. Cars, well, feel like cars. They slide horribly, just like real life cars and fast cars feel fast to me. I never had problems with randomly exploding cars nor have I had the feeling that physics are fucked, damage you receive or deal seems reasonable as well. Don't get me started on all the other amazing stuff they added, lip syncing, shitload of references, amazingly bad/wrong radio ads, stalking people will make them uncomfortable, etc.

Not sure which games you normally play KonstantinosM, but GTA V beats Vice City (which was my favorite GTA game) and makes my panties wet
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 3094
April 18, 2015, 05:40:40 PM
Don't buy it.

It sucks.

Play vice city instead.

It's pretty. And pretty unplayable. Gameplay feels sluggish as fuck. Vehicles feel slow and under-powered. The big rig feels like it has a golf cart engine in it. Sports cars drive like minivans.

Franklin has a superpower that alters the laws of physics when he drives instantly and forever breaking immersion.

I don't know if it's a bad game but I'm playing other games instead of it. I'm avoiding it.

My 5 cents to save you the trouble and money.

Play before buying.

Thx for share this, i will test the game before buy it. I was waiting a long time for this game, and its bad to see you get disappointed from it.

Will try it and will let you know what i think about it.
Life is a taxable event
April 18, 2015, 05:40:08 PM
Also the soundtrack is worse than real-life radio.

GTA III, Vice City and SA have taste alteringly awesome music.

GTA V has such garbage that you instantly turn to talk radio which is decent (not as good as the previous games however).

The maps look pretty but feel uninspired compared to Vice City and San Andreas. Maybe after getting used to the map in V (which is unlikely as it is the first GTA game that feels like a chore instead of fun to me therefore I don't play it very much)

It is semi-enjoyable and that is perhaps because cars explode out of nowhere for some reason killing you. The damage they take seems insignificant (cosmetically), the physics feel shitty, the cars feel sluggish and like they are powered by engines of 1/10 the power that they should.

Semi-enjoyable is my weasel way of saying it's not fun.
Life is a taxable event
April 18, 2015, 05:35:51 PM
EDIT: I've played more of it and I'm having a lot of fun. The criticisms still stand, but it's a decent enough game.

Don't buy it.

It sucks.

Play vice city instead.

It's pretty. And pretty unplayable. Gameplay feels sluggish as fuck. Vehicles feel slow and under-powered. The big rig feels like it has a golf cart engine in it. Sports cars drive like minivans.

Franklin has a superpower that alters the laws of physics when he drives instantly and forever breaking immersion.

I don't know if it's a bad game but I'm playing other games instead of it. I'm avoiding it.

My 5 cents to save you the trouble and money.

Play before buying.
Pages:
Jump to: