Pages:
Author

Topic: Gtx 1060 3gb obsolete now ? - page 2. (Read 603 times)

legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1030
Privacy is always important
June 25, 2018, 06:33:35 PM
The only way for now to make gtx 1060 profitable is to hold the coins and sell them in the right time but if your electricity cost is high better to stop mining and rest miner for few months.

Use this calculator http://whattomine.com then check if what coin is more profitable with your card.
According to whattomine ETC is in the first coin on the list.
Activity: 420
Merit: 184
June 25, 2018, 06:03:44 PM
I have a bunch of 3GB 1060s, too, and they are doing fairly well on any Ethash coin besides Ethereum (due to DAG size). Musicoin and Ubiq being two notable examples that aren't total shitcoins.

Those ethash copy cat coins are doing well cause eth is not in pos yet, as soon as eth goes pos then their profitability will crash to hell but on a bright side, crash more than this will be hard, profitability is so low, since 2015, gpu coins profitability was never this low. No miner with a sane mind can survive with profitability this low.

You forgot the "hehe"!

UBQ is definitely a copy-cat coin, but MUSIC has an interesting and unique use-case.

ETH going to PoS will definitely wreck all the other Ethash coins, though, but until then they are mineable.

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
June 25, 2018, 05:53:22 PM
I have a bunch of 3GB 1060s, too, and they are doing fairly well on any Ethash coin besides Ethereum (due to DAG size). Musicoin and Ubiq being two notable examples that aren't total shitcoins.

Those ethash copy cat coins are doing well cause eth is not in pos yet, as soon as eth goes pos then their profitability will crash to hell but on a bright side, crash more than this will be hard, profitability is so low, since 2015, gpu coins profitability was never this low. No miner with a sane mind can survive with profitability this low.
Activity: 420
Merit: 184
June 25, 2018, 05:21:54 PM

They also perform very well on Lyra2rev2 and Neoscrypt; I've mined Vertcoin and Trezarcoin, respectively, with them.

Otherwise, I mainly had them mining Zencash (Equihash) but recently took them off Equihash completely because difficulty started to rise from the ASICs.

I haven't tried Ravencoin or Pigeoncoin (X16r and X16s, respectively) but Nvidia does well on those algos in general.

copper member
Activity: 1442
Merit: 529
June 25, 2018, 05:11:03 PM
I have seen that the Z9 mini is doing massive harm to the Zec network as the increase in hashrate is responsible for this thing happening here in the pic below. I have 2 x 1060 3Gb which I don't know what to mine with them, they seem not worthy anymore to use. Any ideas where to switch, tried Monero V7 doesn't work it is doing even less than Zec, tried Lyra2Rev same shit.

Pages:
Jump to: