Pages:
Author

Topic: Guide: Building a Solar Powered Mining-Plant - page 4. (Read 32386 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
verified ✔
Dscheisse Bernd, das ist für mich der Elektrobitcoiner
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Supersonic
What would change if we don't want an off-grid system?

I.e. use power from panels, and use AC/DC PSU for the shortage/night time usage?

Say i need to run ~120 W miner. Backing up with grid means id use 0 to 120W from grid... How to loadbalance keeping consistent 12V supply?
Activity: 65
Merit: 11
Hi to everyone. Smiley

In this post I will share my knowledge about building a solar power island like the one I build myself to power my computer and router. Of course everything you are about to learn from this guide can be used to set up a raspberry-pi-driven mining-plattform thats brings mining for essentially free (of course: assuming you got enough sunlight.)

I. Hardware

II. Setup

• Step 1: Make sure you get the most efficiency out of your solar panel.

Use the following chart to find out the best setup:
    "Dachausrichtung" means roof orientation.
    "Dachneigung" means roof pitch.

• Step 2: Connect solar panels, solar charge controller, battery and USB-Power-Output

2.1: Always take care of correct polarity.
    2.2: Connect the solar panels positive pole with the controllers positive solar-panel-jack and then connect the negatives.
    2.3: Connect the batteries positive pole with the controllers positive battery-jack and then connect the negatives.
    2.4: Connect the Autek-12V-to-5V/3A-USB-Converters positive pole with the controllers positive load-output-jack and then connect the negatives.

• Step 3: Connect your Raspberry Pi along with your ZTEX/Cairnsmore/whatever-you-may-want-to-use

Congratulations! You are now mining bitcoins using free sunlight. Consider yourself being a champion.

III. Useful links and tools

IV. Comments

• One can of course also interconnect multiple batteries in parallel to increase the capacity. Is possible, for example, the use of used truck or particularly hot: Forklift batteries such as this one.
  • In principle both, direct current and alternating current devices can be operated with such an investment. However, if you want to run AC appliances, this requires an inverter. These are available in cheap and expensive. Attention: The inverters output side provides either true sine wave or only a rectangle "wave". Rectangle wave voltage can permanently damage electronic circuit boards. The difference between rectangle wave and sine wave voltage is as follows:

V. A closer look at my setup

Charge Controller
Pages:
Jump to:
© 2020, Bitcointalksearch.org